- 1 (6.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 6 (40%)
- 0 (0%)
Potato
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 83

Author Topic: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]  (Read 106883 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #420 on: September 14, 2019, 10:49:45 am »

Yeah, it's a big world, we can find other places to explore.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 14, 2019, 08:14:24 pm »

Take the deal. Now that we've raided their hoard they're probably guarding it too well to be worth it.

This would be a lot easier if we knew more words. Ali used the holovid to teach us numbers. Maybe next time she's studying we can find something to help us learn words. It probably won't be as exciting as racing, but we'll be at a disadvantage until we can understand what the humans are saying.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 14, 2019, 08:16:01 pm »

Take the deal. Now that we've raided their hoard they're probably guarding it too well to be worth it.

This would be a lot easier if we knew more words. Ali used the holovid to teach us numbers. Maybe next time she's studying we can find something to help us learn words. It probably won't be as exciting as racing, but we'll be at a disadvantage until we can understand what the humans are saying.
Yes, learning words will be important +1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 14, 2019, 08:16:24 pm »

Forget talking.  We should learn to fly first.  That's much better.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 15, 2019, 01:22:46 am »

So let me get this straight:

We are a dragon, but do not know we are a dragon.  We are an inconsiderate killing machine. which without much hesitation will kill to satiate our hunger, steal and maim to get what we want and need, named Draggy who answers to a human girl who is basically teaching us in a bastard fashion the things we need to survive in a sci-fi world we barely understand. 

PTW.  And participate.  This looks fun. 

EDIT:

+1
We need to get to that certain point where we can be told what a dictionary is.  Since we can interface with the tech, we could spend a great deal of time at night vastly improving our understanding of our surroundings, when we are not out hunting. 

And these humans keep doing things.   Things we do not understand.  Things that do not make sense.  Why?  We should listen carefully.  Learn to understand them.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 05:12:12 pm by Carefulrogue »
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 15, 2019, 09:44:31 pm »

+1
We need to get to that certain point where we can be told what a dictionary is.  Since we can interface with the tech, we could spend a great deal of time at night vastly improving our understanding of our surroundings, when we are not out hunting. 

And these humans keep doing things.   Things we do not understand.  Things that do not make sense.  Why?  We should listen carefully.  Learn to understand them.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #427 on: September 16, 2019, 04:48:28 am »

Eh, we'll find other places to hunt. Make the promise, take the money.
"Okay. Where go instead?"
"Yes."
"Yes, what?"
"Yes. Promise. No go again."
She seems a bit taken aback by your immediate acceptance.
"Well... good." she says with some uncertainty.
She offers you the credits, but as tempting as having them dangled in front of you is, you don't grab them. Instead, you ask a question.
"Where go?"
"Wha?"
"Where go?"
"Why should I know? I'm not responsible for you."
'Responsible'. You've heard that word before. Mostly when Ali's parents tell her about you. About taking care of you. So that means... Ali is responsible for you? Because she takes care of you? Then...
"Why promise?" you ask the obvious question.
"I- Well-" she stammers as she gets up and takes a step back.
She seems... defensive? Scared? You're not sure.
"Why does it matter? Do you want the damn credits or not?" she asks, raising her voice.
"Why promise?" you insist.
She gives you an angry stare. You're not intimidated. You stare back. The staring contest continues for almost a minute until she finally looks away.
"Ugh. Fine. Can't you just... stay home?"
"No."
"Why not?"
"No credits. Hungry. Dad sad. Mom sad. Credits food. Credits happy." you explain.
She considers what you said for a few seconds. She says some things. You understand she's talking about you, but you're not sure if she's talking to you. She calls you a bad word. You can also understand something like "why a dragon here". Then she goes quiet for a while and leans against the counter. You keep waiting for an answer.
"Then leave. Leave Ali. Then you can do what you want."
It's your turn to be surprised. Why would she say something like that?
"No. Ali sad." you protest.
"Maybe. But better sad than dead."
"No hurt Ali."
"Maybe not on purpose. Maybe by accident."
You don't know what 'on purpose' means. But you know Ali said 'it was an accident' to Mom when you broke that plate (you hit it off the table with your tail while turning around). So she's saying that you'll hurt Ali without noticing?
"No." you reply. "No hurt Ali."
"But the 'bad men' might."
"No. Protect."
"You can't-" she starts saying but stops.
Eiwhyl sighs. She closes her eyes and rubs them. She stays silent for about a minute.
"Okay. Come here tomorrow." she says, defeated.
Then she says something about her finding something and you doing something for credits. Then something about needing time and sleep mixed with some bad words. ... She probably doesn't want you here right now.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hoard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Locations (click to show/hide)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 16, 2019, 08:30:55 am »

Maybe... maybe it really is time we were on our way.  :-\

Stow our credits in some rarely-trafficked part of the house. Sleep. Be cute and cuddly and helpful all through tomorrow... and tomorrow evening, show Ali what we've earned.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 16, 2019, 11:30:13 am »

We can show her during the day, when the parents are out.  At night, we have to go and meet Eiwhyl.
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 16, 2019, 11:47:30 am »

We can show her during the day, when the parents are out.  At night, we have to go and meet Eiwhyl.
yes, did we take the credits yet, or just ask questions?
If we didn't already, take the credits. "Thank you Einwyl. I well see you tonight"
Then show Ali the credits and tell her what Einwyl told us.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 16, 2019, 02:02:44 pm »

If we didn't already, take the credits. "Thank you Einwyl. I well see you tonight"

Check inventory.  We have the credits.  Also, it already is the evening/late night.  Hence why Eiwhyl is not happy to see us.  We will see her the following evening. 

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 16, 2019, 02:07:23 pm »

Check inventory.  We have the credits.  Also, it already is the evening/late night.  Hence why Eiwhyl is not happy to see us.  We will see her the following evening.
Ah, understood

Stow our credits in some rarely-trafficked part of the house. Sleep. Be cute and cuddly and helpful all through tomorrow... and tomorrow evening, show Ali what we've earned.
+1 to this, then

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 16, 2019, 09:12:54 pm »

+1 to this, then
+1

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 16, 2019, 09:53:08 pm »

+1 to this, then
+1
+1

I think we still need to wait a bit more before we decide to move on.  We'll see though.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 83