Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35

Author Topic: Mechanized Warfare: Inithar Thread / Final Phase, 1941 Cold Season  (Read 38337 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanized Warfare: Inithar Thread / 2nd Prelim Revision Phase
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2019, 01:19:19 pm »

Quote from: Votebox
Refocyte Passive Engine (0):
Refocyte Shortbow (0):
Nimashield ():
Refocyte Shortsword (1): Taricus
Refocyte Spear (3): Twinwolf, Powder Miner, m1895
Alloyed Refocyte (0):
Refocyte Canal Blasting (2): Jerick, TricMagic

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2019, 02:57:44 pm »

Refocyte Shortbow (0):
Nimashield ():
Alloyed Refocyte (0):
Refocyte Canal Blasting (3): Jerick, TricMagic, Rockeater
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2019, 04:14:27 pm »

So I'm fairly sure the canal is... well, a few things, really.

-Not a revision
-Very difficult if it somehow was (as in, some variant of impossible level modifier, not -2)
-An incredibly large project for a bronze age society even if we were using a design
-MoP's comment was basically "are you serious"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2019, 04:16:32 pm »

i also don't actually think a modern canal system would help much considering our half of the island is fucking freezing

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2019, 04:20:16 pm »

Not like I can here MoP's comments anymore.

I would like to control the output of energy, since it means we can use it to create something that makes use of the continual force. As of right now, it still only has a single use before it needs recharging. So something to allow us to get longer use out of it would be nice.

Refocyte Shortbow (0):
Nimashield ():
Alloyed Refocyte (1): TricMagic
Refocyte Canal Blasting (2): Jerick, Rockeater

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2019, 04:44:39 pm »

Refocyte Shortbow (0):
Nimashield ():
Refocyte Canal Blasting (2): Jerick, Doomblade
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2019, 05:10:35 pm »

Why did rockeater's vote disappear?

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2019, 05:24:08 pm »

Refocyte Shortbow (0):
Nimashield ():
Refocyte Canal Blasting (2): Rockeater, Doomblade
Looks like it was just a mistake. Added back Rockeater and removed my vote. There are some good arguments on discord that it's overreaching. (I tend to do that a lot in these games)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2019, 05:34:35 pm »

Since we can't add a new reaction in a design? If that's what doomblade seems to say to answer my question. The Alloyed Refocyte would be better to have, so we can use it to release force over time, rather than spending it all at once.

Atlascyte

An alloy between Gavrillium and Refocyte, the result is a metal which when striking releases a huge amount of force from itself into the object it strikes. Moreover, the mix means that Atlascyte is constantly charged. This would allow us to create a cannon that can easily fire without needing to expend any energy other than the weight of the ammo and a barrel. Moreover, using it as the firing pin means that our guns do not need gunpowder, allowing us to fire bullets of heavier calibers at roughly the same speed, if not more so due to the energy being transferred.

This might work for when we get into battle for something that would make a good weapon, removing the need to charge a weapon. And the force is transferred to the target, which means it is likely to simply break things, and people.

Would this be considered a proper interaction proposal?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 06:23:41 pm by TricMagic »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2019, 05:58:47 pm »

We one hundred percent can add reactions in designs. I'm not sure why doom worded it like we have to make reactions on their own. They may have been implying reactions can be done in revision too? I'm not sure.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2019, 06:02:43 pm »

Oh, I just did that by itself to show an isolated reaction design. We usually include them in new designs.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2019, 06:19:13 pm »

Since we can't add a new reaction in a design? If that's what doomblade seems to say to answer my question. The Alloyed Refocyte would be better to have, so we can use it to release force over time, rather than spending it all at once.

Atlascyte

An alloy between Gavrillium and Refocyte, the result is a metal which when striking releases a huge amount of force from itself into the object it strikes. Moreover, the mix means that Promethium is constantly charged. This would allow us to create a cannon that can easily fire without needing to expend any energy other than the weight of the ammo and a barrel. Moreover, using it as the firing pin means that our guns do not need gunpowder, allowing us to fire bullets of heavier calibers at roughly the same speed, if not more so due to the energy being transferred.

This might work for when we get into battle for something that would make a good weapon, removing the need to charge a weapon. And the force is transferred to the target, which means it is likely to simply break things, and people.

Would this be considered a proper interaction proposal?
Did you mean to say Atlascyte when you said promethium? Otherwise its decent. Knowing MoP and gavrillium, the resulting stuff would probably get colder as it's used. There's a lot of energy in gavrillium and converting that all to a burst of kinetic energy by combining it with refocyte could be well worth doing. But we do not currently have any gavrillium and we won't for some time. A better interaction might for what will be our starting position be one that allows electricity to charge refocyte. If we can do that we can get all kinds of fun techs.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2019, 06:23:12 pm »

Now I'm just more confused with MoP... Sure, he'll say I argue with the GM, but that's more my natural state to point things out rather than straight out accept no as an answer without first having tried other ways to fix it...

I mean, I had kinda already moved on from the whole carriage thing for now. And saying the hammer doesn't work because the material doesn't do that seems to say we need the correct interaction for it first...

I mean, I've had the same talk with him over in Volcasia about how my ideas are not revision material but full out designs. Or make no sense whatsoever.

Can New Reactions be done in a Revision? I have a feeling MoP is going to say no... Argh, all this does is give me a headache from trying to figure out such though processes, they're fundamentally different to my own. If one says I'm a bit insane, so be it...

What the GM says goes, is one of the rules of gaming. So I'll just drop it as much as I can... Which isn't much, admittedly, my brain doesn't let things go once they're there.

Yep. Editing that. Do the old interactions mean anything anymore though?

Atlascyte kinda charges itself, so it is almost always full. It only activates when it actually hits something with enough force though, sending that energy into what it hits. So a Bullet suddenly flies down the barrel when hit with the Firing Pin. Covering the Atlascyte Firing Pin in metal can mostly prevent discharge in other directions, so only the tip is exposed to strike.

I'm kinda wary of a reaction which makes electricity charge it. At least..

hmm.

Relectria

Relectria is made up of Copper, Refocyte, and trace amounts of Gold. What is most interesting about it is the fact it directly coverts electrical energy into potential energy which is stored in it's structure. Further tests show that like Refocyte, it can store kinetic energy applied to it as potential energy. What makes it different is that it never releases the energy kinetically. Instead, by placing it in a complete circuit , it overloads the circuit, with stored energy being converted to electricity.

This can be used to create circuits of Relctria, which can be linked up to a Relectria Battery. The result is a circuit that lasts for a long time, at high power. Tapping into such a thing allows a great advancement in technology, being able to use this to power ---- for days before the battery needs recharging, which can be done simply by putting it under a waterfall, or pounding it.

Perhaps the biggest advancement with it however is the Relectria Power Plant. It's design is simple. A tall Lightning Rod made up of Relectria, capable of capturing the great power of the storms themselves, and storing that power in connected Relectria banks. A single thunderstorm is enough to power a city for a month at a time, at minimum.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 07:57:02 pm by TricMagic »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2019, 06:51:21 pm »

The hammer doesn't work because the Refocyte was embedded in the handle as well. When it's triggered, the entire surface area dumps the force in that direction: this would shatter the handle.

New reactions can be done in revision. Difficulty tho.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2019, 06:59:47 pm »

By nature, the hammerhead would also shatter any handle where it connects after use. Hence why a second piece acting as the core of the handle was also used to reduce the amount of force as the enrgy enters the handle's core. The two aren't actually physically connected, they're just touching. Likewise, the outer covering is meant to bind the two pieces together, give a grip, and ensure that only the ends of the hammer go off.

The Handle was based off the idea the excess energy would be mostly dumped into the handle core, so it wouldn't simply break off on the first use. Shock absorption. The writing can use a tune-up though.

Is their any reason Refocyte can't act as a shock absorber as it currently is?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35