Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Creature class renaming question  (Read 636 times)

hotdeliciousdwarvenpizza

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Creature class renaming question
« on: July 23, 2019, 09:51:59 pm »

Sorry in advance if this is a silly question  :)

I am new to df and I've been having a lot of fun with it, and I'm also new to modding, which I've also been having a lot of fun with. I've been making very simple mods by editing the raws, of relevance I have made it so male horses are called stallions while females are called mares, and so on for a couple other animals.
My question is, would it be at all possible to change the class name of an animal based on whether or not it's gelded? I changed the names of horses to reflect real life, but also in real life gelded male horses are called "geldings", gelded bulls are called "steer", and so no, so it would be neat to see that reflected in-game as well.

Thank you for reading!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Creature class renaming question
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 10:08:29 pm »

No, there's no easy, good way to do that. You could probably use dfhack, but beyond that I can't think of anything.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.