Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 168

Author Topic: Necromancy? 5E  (Read 103526 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancy? 5E
« Reply #2115 on: November 07, 2019, 06:05:47 pm »

“What would repentance mean?”

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: November 07, 2019, 06:16:04 pm »

"Hm. There is... much there to forgive."

“What would repentance mean?”

Say this.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: November 07, 2019, 06:20:41 pm »

“"Hm. There is... much there to forgive. What would repentance mean?” you ask
the celestial is happy to tell you "Simply to give up your cruel ways and to renounce your practices of oppression against the innocent... to live a life spent if the lessening of the pain and suffering of others that face cruelty."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: November 07, 2019, 06:34:32 pm »

"Well, I have been trying as much, lately... but do you know what I am, creature of Ilmater? It seems to me that my very subsistence depends on a-- a cruelty of sorts."

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: November 07, 2019, 06:42:57 pm »

"Well, I have been trying as much, lately... but do you know what I am, creature of Ilmater? It seems to me that my very subsistence depends on a-- a cruelty of sorts." you say to the celestial and tells you, "Ilmater will not force you to go against your nature, cats eat mice but that doesn't mean it is right for them to play with their food... or for you to make other suffer in their own bodies." it's stare is piercing as if it could see into your very being.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: November 07, 2019, 06:58:15 pm »

Oh. Wait.
We didn't lose Rollo's husk because Cabbiz died. We lost Rollo's husk because Rollo died.

If I had to guess, I'd say reanimation in this world binds a soul to its body, preventing it from passing into the afterlife. We were still controlling Rollo's body when Cabbiz animated it... so he got locked up with us, and we could sense that somehow, but we still had charge. Even when we pushed Rollo out, the magic keeping his body moving still worked fine 'cos his soul was still around... but when Rollo moved on (for reasons unknown-- probably he was free to go as soon as we pushed him out, but didn't want to leave until Ungas died), his body didn't have anything left for us to control!

This is all guesswork, of course-- but it would explain the discrepancy Makdt pointed out with the other zombies. It furthermore indicates that we're probably not getting that body back... not unless we're willing to shackle Rollo to his own corpse again.

"Ah, Rollo..."

"I acted in ignorance, creature of Ilmater, and I am afraid I caused that one great pain for it. I would ask forgiveness of Rollo Kimboldnik, but failing that... I suppose I shall have to ask forgiveness of you and of your god."

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: November 07, 2019, 07:09:50 pm »

"Ah, Rollo... I acted in ignorance, creature of Ilmater, and I am afraid I caused that one great pain for it. I would ask forgiveness of Rollo Kimboldnik, but failing that... I suppose I shall have to ask forgiveness of you and of your god." you say
the angel seems willing you accept your regret "Asking forgiveness of those you wrong is a good first step, perhaps you should reflect on your life and the others which you've wronged on your path as well, and in time you will earn their forgiveness..."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: November 07, 2019, 07:18:46 pm »

"My memory is not what it once was, creature of Ilmater, and I've not done much life reflection as of late... but I suspect most of those I've wronged are at this point dead. How then am I to proceed?"

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: November 07, 2019, 07:59:14 pm »

"My memory is not what it once was, creature of Ilmater, and I've not done much life reflection as of late... but I suspect most of those I've wronged are at this point dead. How then am I to proceed?" you ask the angel
"Vow to them your heartfelt regret and they may forgive you, make offerings to the dead or make penance for your sins will put you on your path of absolution."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: November 07, 2019, 08:32:48 pm »

“How does one give offerings to the dead?”

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: November 07, 2019, 08:54:01 pm »

“How does one give offerings to the dead?” you ask
"There are places in the material plane where mortals gather to commune with the spirits and make offerings of food and other things to the dead and pray to their deities to watch over their loved ones souls; shrines, temples, graveyards." the celestial thinks for a bit, "It might be best to ask a mortal for
 advice for something like this."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: November 07, 2019, 10:44:35 pm »

"Hm. I shall have to ask a cleric..."
"Your words have been most enlightening, creature of Ilmater. I've a last question for you: you know my nature. By the edicts of your god, upon what creatures am I to feed?"

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: November 08, 2019, 12:40:47 am »

"Hm. I shall have to ask a cleric... Your words have been most enlightening, creature of Ilmater. I've a last question for you: you know my nature. By the edicts of your god, upon what creatures am I to feed?" you ask
"Ilmater cares that you would not cause pain or suffering upon innocence lawful beings... especially to children and young creatures. He knows full well that wicked creatures can do atrocious and horrific acts, but is forever hopeful they can one day be turned to good, or destroyed." the angel informs you.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: November 08, 2019, 06:44:05 am »

"I am, then, to devour evil! Very well."

Quick, do we still see our leprechaun friend in the distance?

klonk
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: November 08, 2019, 06:45:02 am »

"I am, then, to devour evil! Very well."

Quick, do we still see our leprechaun friend in the distance?

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 168