Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 168

Author Topic: Necromancy? 5E  (Read 103540 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancy? 5E
« Reply #2100 on: November 06, 2019, 10:38:22 pm »

The guy on the other end of our dream-telephone introduced himself as "John", recall? I suspect he'll be able to shed some light on our recent loss of Rollo's husk, if we can find him again.
Ah, I forgot that was the name +1 to contacting John

Edit: maybe not, I feel like contacting the 4th wall too much might be cheating
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 10:49:10 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: November 06, 2019, 11:06:26 pm »

Cheating? We're not cheating. We're... seeking answers within the bounds of our character, in a manner we've already found to be effective. If we can't find John, we can't find John... but the opportunity is there, and I'm inclined to make use of it.

And who knows... maybe instead of John, we'll get some other equally fascinating thing to talk to! Dreamland is a big place.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: November 07, 2019, 01:35:12 am »

(mimics are monstrosities in 5e not aberrations or particularly magical beasts, and you haven't been exposed to any unstable magic yet...)

You attempt to find the John; you locate the John box, but its locked in some kinda wall of small glass doors, the doors have other things in them as well... like food and strange boxes and folded cloth and even rocks.
Each of the small doors looks to be held locked by something that has a slot on it.
The doors are labeled '1 divination token'...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: November 07, 2019, 02:52:28 am »

Think about where we could get one of these divination tokens.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: November 07, 2019, 06:29:17 am »

We have been exposed to witchcraft, can we level in this? Can Madkt teach us how to use magic?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: November 07, 2019, 06:30:49 am »

We have been exposed to witchcraft, can we level in this? Can Madkt teach us how to use magic?
What about necromancy we got that book from Cabbiz's body.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: November 07, 2019, 06:32:56 am »

Oh yeah, plus that spell we don’t know, can we level in necromancy?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: November 07, 2019, 06:40:37 am »

Oh yeah, plus that spell we don’t know, can we level in necromancy?
+1

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: November 07, 2019, 09:14:35 am »

Those may well be possible courses of action... trouble is, neither of those things key off our Charisma the way sorcery would! It's possible, but it's not optimal. I'll not rule it out, but we want to think hard on the matter before we attempt the thing.

Now we do have another option here: namely, that warlock offer we recieved awhile back. I still think that's worth some serious consideration.

For now, though... look about us. What sort of entities do we see?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: November 07, 2019, 09:26:18 am »

Those may well be possible courses of action... trouble is, neither of those things key off our Charisma the way sorcery would! It's possible, but it's not optimal. I'll not rule it out, but we want to think hard on the matter before we attempt the thing.

Now we do have another option here: namely, that warlock offer we recieved awhile back. I still think that's worth some serious consideration.

For now, though... look about us. What sort of entities do we see?
+1
Yes, there is no time limit, a class is something we will not be able to change later, probably

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: November 07, 2019, 12:51:53 pm »

You think on where you could get a divination token; perhaps a wizard trained in divination or someone equivalent could tell you about how to get them...

You remember that Makdt had said she could train someone to be a witch, maybe you could ask her about it.

You could perhaps become a necromancer wizard or equivalent if you happened to learn a necromancy spell, or maybe finding someone to teach you...

You think on becoming a sorcerer but it's not something you choose, maybe if you ran into some unstable magic, maybe activated broken glyphs of some kind...

You look around to see what kind of entities are to be seen, you see a few beings; a radiant multi-winged being, what looks like an elf dressed in a giant flower, an orc woman that has a strong resemblance of a bear, what appears to be a scarecrow of some kind, a skeleton using a control bar used for puppets, as well as a familiar small fey dressed in green with red mustache aloft off in the distance...

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: November 07, 2019, 03:53:28 pm »

Talk to the multi winged being
“Hello, I’ve never seen your kind before, where are you from?”

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: November 07, 2019, 04:26:35 pm »

You approach the multi-winged being, “Hello, I’ve never seen your kind before, where are you from?” you ask
It smiles gently saying "Aasimon is what I am, sent by my lord Ilmater to watch over his devout cleric in these troubled times, from the upper planes... would you be willing to spare a moment to hear about Ilmater's compassion and forgiveness?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: November 07, 2019, 05:09:24 pm »

”yes”

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: November 07, 2019, 05:59:50 pm »

”yes” you say
the celestial looks overjoyed "As you may not know Ilmater is an incarnation of compassion and seeks to offer aid and relief and words of comfort; to those in pain and those oppressed, or in great need. He encourages endurace in the face of pain, suffering and abuse for good things come to those who wait, for he himself suffers willingly with them to bare their burden and lessen their pain.
As much as he is compassionate he is forgiving... and even offers forgiveness to those who would cause pain and suffering on others... if you are repentant he could even forgive you." the celestial being gives you an unjudging but stern look with his glowing blue eyes.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 168