Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 168

Author Topic: Necromancy? 5E  (Read 103920 times)

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancy? 5E
« Reply #1935 on: October 30, 2019, 07:55:02 am »

You go to grab the key; it's not worth picking it up you feel suddenly... you leave the key where it is.

You recall that quite a few of the doors in this fort had keyholes but were not locked, as well some of the containers had closing mechanisms that could probably lock that also were not locked.

Ungas recalls that for some reason trying to lock things in this fort was useless as they would always eventually become unlocked.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: October 30, 2019, 02:59:08 pm »

Wait. I'm an idiot.

Sift through Ungas' memories and find out where he kept his valuables.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: October 30, 2019, 03:04:28 pm »

Wait. I'm an idiot.

Sift through Ungas' memories and find out where he kept his valuables.
+1

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: October 30, 2019, 06:56:40 pm »

You come upon the idea to sift through Ungas' memories and find out where he kept his valuables... something is strange though there is only three things Ungas ever valued; fighting with the brigands & playing with Nib-ol the bitey ankheg, fighting in the crusades, and stories his father told him of the old world in particular about mountains... whatever that is.

It's pretty clear that while Ungas was the leader... it was only because he was the strongest, religating money issues entirely to Cabbiz.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: October 30, 2019, 07:37:22 pm »

Head back to the body of Cabbiz.

"This one here... this one knew the castle stores well. I think, with a quick assump-tion, I can learn some-thing from him...
"I'll just be a mo-ment."

Quickly assume the body of Cabbiz. Search it for memories, then return to the husk of Rollo.

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: October 30, 2019, 08:08:36 pm »

"This one here... this one knew the castle stores well. I think, with a quick assump-tion, I can learn some-thing from him...

Quickly assume the body of Cabbiz. Search it for memories, then return to the husk of Rollo.

+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: October 31, 2019, 01:53:21 am »

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: October 31, 2019, 04:01:41 am »

You head back to the body of Cabbiz the necromancer which is tied to a zombie with... a hammock.
"This one here... this one knew the castle stores well. I think, with a quick assump-tion, I can learn some-thing from him... I'll just be a mo-ment." you say although you  realize are currently alone.

You go to assume the corpse; as it is a corpse it has no living memories for you to take, and as you cannot control it from the inside you assume it as you would the inanimate object it is...
You quickly pull the corpse inside you and assume it, you now have the appearance of the corpse of the necromancer Cabbiz.
You search the body of Cabbiz for memories; this object seems to recall only one deeply ingrained repetitive movement... you learn the vocal and somatic components for some kind of spell.
You unassume the corpse of Cabbiz to return to the husk of Rollio, leaving the corpse to lay on the floor.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: October 31, 2019, 04:30:22 am »

(Oh damn I think we just learned a raise undead spell.)

Lets real quick look through Ungas' memories and see what that old key is for even if its useless it might be good for something, also while we look through the memories lets see if there's anything in all that that'll help us with combat.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: October 31, 2019, 06:21:08 am »

(yes you know the Vocal & Somatic parts of an unknown spell, that of course doesn't mean you know its Components if any or the purpose and you certainly don't have it prepared or even if you have the capabilities to cast it)

You search through Ungas' memories for if knew about that old key; he seems to recall Foederspli the lizardman shaman complaining about finding a cursed key in the fort but Ungas couldn't be bothered to deal with it... it might be the same key.
You continue to search Ungas' memories for anything that would help in combat; apparently Ungas was taught by his father the feat of throwing smaller beings, as such you could potentially use this to gain the feat as well.
(you don't actively have this feat but you could spend ability score during a level up to gain it, just like you can for any feat you know of, not to be confused with developing feats instead of ability score increases)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: October 31, 2019, 07:53:53 am »

Try the new spell we learned on Cabbiz’s corpse, maybe the corpse is a component? After all, Cabbiz was a necromancer.

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: October 31, 2019, 09:07:38 am »

(You can't cast unknown spell; you don't have the spell slots in your current husk to use magic, you also don't have the spell prepared.)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: October 31, 2019, 09:10:53 am »

Currently alone... hm. Where'd Makdt get to?

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: October 31, 2019, 10:41:09 am »

She went off to search the other room, which is not the room with the corpses that you are in.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: November 01, 2019, 01:47:53 am »

Lets go find Makdt and see if she found anything.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 168