Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 168

Author Topic: Necromancy? 5E  (Read 103879 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancy? 5E
« Reply #1800 on: October 15, 2019, 02:50:55 am »

"The lizard-man! It must have found some way in... it must have had some way out! How did it come in?"

try to break the bars, when the bars are broken, try to see if chairs or tables can fit through the space

Building off that... this "grated wall", what's it made of? Wood? Metal?

If wood, it may be susceptible to a good maul-swing. If metal... still try the maul if the bars seem thin enough to bend under a sufficiently forceful strike. Otherwise, just look for a loose-ish bar and wrench at it a little.

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: October 15, 2019, 10:53:56 am »

"The lizard-man! It must have found some way in... it must have had some way out! How did it come in?" you ask, "Do not know it was down here when we fell in." Aviial says.

The bars are rusty probably cast iron about a thumb rounds & about two hands long, are set into a stone wall where a gap section about foot to knee level is where they sit... (think drainage grated not full barred walls)

You pry at the bars (+ -) the bars are indeed loose set in the stone but they don't come out just wiggle around & don't bend.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: October 15, 2019, 08:40:11 pm »

"Hm... these bars will not break by my strength a-lone. The dead mage... is he with you?"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: October 15, 2019, 10:02:57 pm »

"Hm... these bars will not break by my strength a-lone. The dead mage... is he with you?"
+1 Are you thinking what i'm thinking?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: October 15, 2019, 10:36:08 pm »

I dunno. Are you thinking "discard Rollo for a bit, slurp our way into that necromancer's dead body, and hijack his hard-earned magical prowess to order those zombies upstairs to rip that pesky trapdoor off its hinges"?

Because that's what I'm thinking. :))

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: October 16, 2019, 12:37:02 am »

"Hm... these bars will not break by my strength a-lone. The dead mage... is he with you?", "You mean this dead necromancer? What's that got to do with bars or getting us out this pit? Your not planning anything unnatural like desecrating a corpse are you?" you hear Hedra inquisit.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: October 16, 2019, 06:11:32 am »

"Ha! I was... con-sidering it..."
"But you are holy folk, of course. I'll not re-sort to such things just yet, if you so deem..."
"See if you can find some se-cret way out of there. We a-bove shall look for some other way to en-ter... some more pa-la-ta-ble way."

The bars. How deeply set in the stone are they, and how thick is the stone in question?
Go check that room full of furniture (with proper paranoia). What sort of furniture do we see in there? Do we notice anything particular in that room that isn't furniture?

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: October 16, 2019, 10:31:12 am »

"Ha! I was... con-sidering it... but you are holy folk, of course. I'll not re-sort to such things just yet, if you so deem..." you say
You hear Hedra respond "I'm sure the temple inquisitors will enjoy your explanation of what that is meant to mean after this is all over with..."
"See if you can find some se-cret way out of there. We a-bove shall look for some other way to en-ter... some more pa-la-ta-ble way." you suggest
"We'll definitely consider it!" Aviial says with a scoop of sarcasm.

It is not knowable how far the bars are set into the stone, but the stone itself is about over a hand thick.

You move into the room cautiously to examine furniture...
Code: [Select]
.╞══╬══╡
 │░≡≡≡░│
 │░≡π≡σ│
 │░πτπ░│
 │░πτπ░│
 │δπτπ░│
 │░≡π≡δ│┌─┐
 │Σ≡≡≡░└┘≤│
 │░▼▼▼☺æèö│
┌┼┼╪╪╪┼┼┬─┘
│▒▒▒▒▒▒▒│
│Θ▒▒▒▒▒Θ│
│▒▒▒▒▒▒▒│
└┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┘
Unappetizing looking food filled sacks, shelves with what is probably liquor bottles, old wooden tables & chairs, a simple wood chest, nothing particularly out of place for a dining room... you see a brick wall with a door at the other end of the room.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: October 16, 2019, 10:39:17 am »

I dunno. Are you thinking "discard Rollo for a bit, slurp our way into that necromancer's dead body, and hijack his hard-earned magical prowess to order those zombies upstairs to rip that pesky trapdoor off its hinges"?

Because that's what I'm thinking. :))
it is what I was thinking, I'm not sure possessing it is desecrating it, taking control of a corpse isn't damaging it

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: October 16, 2019, 10:46:59 am »

Have a look inside that chest. If it won't open, apply maul.

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: October 16, 2019, 11:22:12 am »

You approach the chest, opening it to reveal it is full of... you believe they are hammocks, folded linen hammocks.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: October 16, 2019, 12:51:23 pm »

Tie the hammocks together edge to edge, making a rope, then hold on to one end and let the other end fall between the bars so Hedra and Avialal can climb the hammock rope

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: October 16, 2019, 01:07:11 pm »

Tie the hammocks together edge to edge, making a rope, then hold on to one end and let the other end fall between the bars so Hedra and Avialal can climb the hammock rope

I am amused... and intrigued. +1

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: October 16, 2019, 05:40:48 pm »

You attempt to tie the hammocks together into a 'rope'; (6) you 'succeed' in tieing the hammocks together into 'hammock rope'... Holding onto one end you attempt to 'let one end fall' between the bars which is more like feeding hammocks through the space between the bars; you get five hammocks worth of 'rope' through when you feel a tug on the 'rope', "Is there space up there to crawl through?" you hear come up from from the pit by Aviial.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: October 16, 2019, 05:43:29 pm »

...Okay y'know what? Let's just wing it.

"Per-haps in a mo-ment!"
Try and pick out an especially rusty section of grating, and start swinging with our maul at said grating for all we're worth.

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 168