Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 168

Author Topic: Necromancy? 5E  (Read 103799 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancy? 5E
« Reply #1560 on: September 28, 2019, 04:29:57 pm »

"Hm... there is one more thing I should like to know. What is this place I seem to find my-self in so often, voice-of-John?"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: September 28, 2019, 04:51:12 pm »

"Hm... there is one more thing I should like to know. What is this place I seem to find my-self in so often, voice-of-John?" you ask
(dial code says you are calling from the dreaming, the plane of dreams and imagination)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: September 28, 2019, 05:27:14 pm »

"Ah, of course."
"Will I be able to find you again, voice-of-John?"

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: September 28, 2019, 07:08:18 pm »

"Ah, of course." you say
"Will I be able to find you again, voice-of-John?" you ask
(anything is possible ma'am, and from us at the services desk, have a exciting adventure)
You hear a clicking sound and the object goes silent.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: September 28, 2019, 08:13:08 pm »

Try to find Rolio in dream land(the soul we accidently hurt) then tell him [You can have your body back. I am sorry for taking it. I am sorry for hurting you. The reason I got you out of the body earlier was because when I exited, the body didn't move when you were in it. Since you tried to take it earlier, I think you will be able to control it again. I will fight Ungas using it, then your body will gain experience. Then I will come to wherever you are, leave the body with you, and leave. I will try to leave memories in the brain for you so you know what I have done in your absense.]

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: September 28, 2019, 08:30:02 pm »

Try to find Rolio in dream land(the soul we accidently hurt) then tell him [You can have your body back. I am sorry for taking it. I am sorry for hurting you. The reason I got you out of the body earlier was because when I exited, the body didn't move when you were in it. Since you tried to take it earlier, I think you will be able to control it again. I will fight Ungas using it, then your body will gain experience. Then I will come to wherever you are, leave the body with you, and leave. I will try to leave memories in the brain for you so you know what I have done in your absense.]

On the one hand, I suspect this won't work... on the other hand, I'm fascinated by the thought that it could. +1

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: September 28, 2019, 08:34:48 pm »

You try to find the spirit of Rolio; (99) you see him but something is different he is no longer the extent of a broken spirit exiled from its body he once was, he seems to be possessing a corpse and feels like he is headed away from Ter, you can sense him but you can't interact, he does not hear you.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: September 28, 2019, 08:39:10 pm »

Can we figure out where he's headed? We need to make sure he's not in danger. it's the least we could do after accidentally hurting him for as long as we did, we should have exited the body when we first got drunk, he told us he was me, I feel like if we left sooner he wouldn't have been as hurt as he was

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: September 28, 2019, 08:50:39 pm »

We didn't realize at the time we could leave his body-- come to that, we didn't even realize his body didn't belong to us! I thought Rollo was just a fragment of our own self-- a memory of ourself, perhaps, sealed beyond our reach. We can try and make amends, but we needn't feel guilty about a crime we didn't know we were committing.

That said...

Can we figure out where he's headed?

+1-- information about a potentially malevolent possessing spirit is a good thing-- but do try and ascertain: are we still in dreamland, or have we passed into the Material Plane somehow?

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: September 28, 2019, 09:11:00 pm »

We didn't realize at the time we could leave his body-- come to that, we didn't even realize his body didn't belong to us! I thought Rollo was just a fragment of our own self-- a memory of ourself, perhaps, sealed beyond our reach. We can try and make amends, but we needn't feel guilty about a crime we didn't know we were committing.

That said...

Can we figure out where he's headed?

+1-- information about a potentially malevolent possessing spirit is a good thing-- but do try and ascertain: are we still in dreamland, or have we passed into the Material Plane somehow?
Since we sense where Rolio is heading, and we can no longer talk, I tink we are in the material plane

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: September 28, 2019, 09:14:35 pm »

You try to find out where he is going but you can't sense anything but where he is, you can't feel his motives or anything about his surroundings, it's more that you know where what's left of his soul is.
This doesn't seem to be the dreamland anymore, in fact as you realize you had awaken at the point in trying to find him, you are in the Rolio husk in the basement of the Drunken Kenku.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: September 28, 2019, 09:22:27 pm »

Is Makdt still asleep? Find a window and look through it to see what time of day/night it is. Ensure we are still sensing Rolio's location. Is the sensing consious or unconsious? Since we activated it, is it a constant feeling or do we have to actively think about sensing him?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 09:24:01 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: September 28, 2019, 10:00:34 pm »

Makdt is asleep on the bed next to you.
You look for a window; you find a small wood slatted grate leading to outside, it appears to still be pre morning. (you still have 2 hours left on your long rest before you get your full hp)
You try to see if the sensing of Rolio's soul is conscious or unconscious; it is conscious. (to sense souls is a 5 minute ritual and you can't move or act or you lose it as a concentration)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: September 28, 2019, 10:44:27 pm »

Soul sensing... this is a powerful tool we've been given! I'd rather not attempt it on-- say-- Ungas, lest he have some kind of way to detect our probings... but there's another, far less dangerous target we have reason to locate.

Assuming soul-sensing doesn't break out our long rest... seek out the soul of the child Mynii.

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: September 28, 2019, 11:06:12 pm »

You attempt to locate the soul of Mynii; you fail because you don't have the necessary reagent to find that soul.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 168