Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 168

Author Topic: Necromancy? 5E  (Read 103795 times)

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancy? 5E
« Reply #1530 on: September 27, 2019, 07:33:52 pm »

You feel that you would need over half again the experience you have now to reach a new level with this husk.

You search for the entity you talked to before but it feels like without a commitment to this being you won't ever be able to connect with it for the knowledge you seek.
(Are you absolutely sure you would like to spend your true form's class to become a Great Old One pact warlock?)
(this cannot be undone so me very sure it's what you want)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: September 27, 2019, 07:44:08 pm »

(I don’t think I want to)
can we sense other being?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: September 27, 2019, 08:11:26 pm »

So hey, I was looking back and I noticed...

You push your way out of the salt and approach the nearest creature you can feel; a sleeping humanoid.

You can't feel anything like thoughts from outside it.
(do you want to try to assume this humanoid?)

You attempt to assume this humanoid; (2misses, 14 hits) you are blocked by some kind of hat but pushing around it you reach your target, you go to assume this new body but you taste this humanoid has foul magic that lets you know trying this will hurt and is very likely to fail...

(Do you wish to continue?)

You dig you way out of the salt; you feel quite a bit sluggish and creaky from all the drying out.
Makdt lays asleep nearby, apparently having taken a nap after the hard work of salting you up.

We nearly attempted to assume Makdt.
Some kind of magic she's got-- presumably witch-magic (remember our memory of the monkey-witch?)-- kept us out. If not for that... well. Our current situation might look very, very different indeed.

This is one tidbit of information I do not want us sharing. It might not... might not go over so well if we did.  :-X
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: September 27, 2019, 08:27:54 pm »

So hey, I was looking back and I noticed...

You push your way out of the salt and approach the nearest creature you can feel; a sleeping humanoid.

You can't feel anything like thoughts from outside it.
(do you want to try to assume this humanoid?)

You attempt to assume this humanoid; (2misses, 14 hits) you are blocked by some kind of hat but pushing around it you reach your target, you go to assume this new body but you taste this humanoid has foul magic that lets you know trying this will hurt and is very likely to fail...

(Do you wish to continue?)

You dig you way out of the salt; you feel quite a bit sluggish and creaky from all the drying out.
Makdt lays asleep nearby, apparently having taken a nap after the hard work of salting you up.

We nearly attempted to assume Makdt.
Some kind of magic she's got-- presumably witch-magic (remember our memory of the monkey-witch?)-- kept us out. If not for that... well. Our current situation might look very, very different indeed.

This is one tidbit of information I do not want us sharing. It might not... might not go over so well if we did.  :-X
Yes, I noticed it too. Let’s not tell Makdt this
when we wake up, ask Madkt if we are ready to head to the fort
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 08:30:00 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: September 27, 2019, 08:39:17 pm »

You decide you don't want to make a pact with an old god today, so you look for other beings;

You sense a few lesser formless elemental spirits, as well as a four legged beast with short white fur and a singular horn upon its head, and a... two part object of some kind with a spiral cord connecting the smaller part to the larger part that it rest upon.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: September 27, 2019, 08:40:45 pm »

examine the two part object more closely

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: September 27, 2019, 08:49:51 pm »

You examine the two part object more closely; the material is like none you know of maybe some kind of black ceramic, the smaller part has two similar lobes connected by what could be a handle the cord is attached to one of the lobes, the larger part has  on its face some sort of numbered spinning mechanism and a part on top that looks to be made to hold the smaller part, if this this object is some kind being it sure isn't much for communicating as it hasn't even made a single sound or move the entire time you've been examining it.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: September 27, 2019, 08:51:42 pm »

I'll point out that the GOOlock actually fits the stats of our "true form" very nicely indeed... we get a Charisma-based attack cantrip, and all sorts of fun little supplementary goodies! Assuming we still get to keep our assumption abilities, it's a solid mechanical choice.

We just have to... y'know... bind ourselves to a being from beyond the bounds of time and space. Which we should absolutely be leery of. I just think it's an option worth leaving open-- especially seeing as we'd (presumably) learn so much about ourself in so doing.

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: September 27, 2019, 08:53:54 pm »

Pick up the object

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: September 27, 2019, 09:38:29 pm »

You go you pick up the object; the larger part seems to be immovable, but the smaller part easily lifts up...
When you lift the smaller part off of the larger you hear a voice coming from one of the lobes,

(Hello d&d 5th edition services desk arch mundas branch, this is Robert speaking how may I be of service?)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: September 27, 2019, 09:57:19 pm »

Ooh! Ooh ooh! It's a phone to meta-bureaucracy-land!
Ahh, but I suppose we should refrain from breaking character ourselves while we speak... hm.

Speak to the creature: "Of... of ser-vice? What are you, strange beast-who-speaks?"
Also, just out of curiosity: how come we know what things look like in dreamland, but not in our "true form"? What do we look like in dreamland?

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: September 27, 2019, 10:15:00 pm »

You speak to the creature: "Of... of ser-vice? What are you, strange beast-who-speaks?"
(Madam, this is the telephone help desk for ongoing stories in the Arc Mundas campaign & I am Robert, if you have questions or concerns regarding your ongoing service I can help you with them today)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: September 27, 2019, 10:18:41 pm »

"Arc Mun-das... wait. Madam? Madam!"
We really need to get a good look at ourself right about now. Do we look feminine? Do we sound feminine?

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: September 27, 2019, 10:28:09 pm »

"Arc Mun-das... wait. Madam? Madam!" you say
(Yes you know, the major remnant of the axillary material plane... magicly stabilized arc and all that, what's left of the old world)

You try to get a look at yourself; dream nonsense... seeing without eyes, you aren't really seeing or hearing any of this, it's some sort of dream.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: September 27, 2019, 10:49:10 pm »

Huh.

"Old world..."
"It seems you know many things, beast-who-speaks. Do you know, per-chance, what I am?"

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 168