Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 168

Author Topic: Necromancy? 5E  (Read 103569 times)

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancy? 5E
« Reply #510 on: August 09, 2019, 06:23:07 am »

You dont have any measures to pay, and Makdt is having none of paying that much.
You put the maul back and grab a greatclub leaned against the wall.

You take the greatclub into the back room and give it a test on the dummy; (4misses), (17 hits, 5 resisted for 2 bludgeoning)

Again you feel that while your body could wield this weapon you are not proficient in it.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 09, 2019, 06:32:46 am »

Continue swinging around the greatclub until we get a feel for its damage. Then do the same thing for our unarmed strikes.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 09, 2019, 06:35:21 am »

Continue swinging around the greatclub until we get a feel for its damage. Then do the same thing for our unarmed strikes.
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 09, 2019, 06:38:43 am »

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 09, 2019, 07:09:47 am »

You swing the greatclub into the dummy a bit to get a feel for it; (17hits, 5 resisted for 2 bludgeoning) (14hits, 8 resisted for 4 bludgeoning) (11hits, 3 resisted for 1 bludgeoning) (15 hits, 6 resisted for 3 bludgeoning) (18 hits, 7 resisted for 3 bludgeoning) (9misses)
You have a feel for this greatclub (1d8) now.
You place the greatclub aside and lay into the training dummy with your hands; (12hits, 10 resisted for 5 bludgeoning)
You feel this is natural, your body is definitely proficient at throwing fists with strength.
You continue to lay into the dummy to get a feel for it; (17hits, 8 resisted for 4 bludgeoning) (23hits, 10 resisted for 5 bludgeoning) (24crits, 14 resisted for 7 bludgeoning)
You have gained a feeling for your strong unarmed strikes (2d4+2), although the skin on your knuckles seems to have torn a bit.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 09, 2019, 07:18:42 am »

Heyy, 2d4 ain't half bad! Must be our revenant mojo goin' for us... maybe we should look into picking up some levels in monk, if that's a thing.

Go back inside. Set the club back in its place, approach the shopkeeper and say: "It seems I have no need for wea-pons, though they be fine things. Have you a pair of stiff gloves in store?"

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 09, 2019, 07:42:43 am »

You go back inside.
Set the club back in its place, approach the shopkeeper and say, "It seems I have no need for wea-pons, though they be fine things. Have you a pair of stiff gloves in store?", the shopkeeper looks at you like your a nutter, as much as a full plate helm can show that kind of emotional complexity anyways, "This sir is a weaponsmith, we only make weapons of all the nerve asking for armor If your serious about buying 'gloves', I have some scrap hands- gauntlets I could be persuaded to sell for... five measures, but they wont do you any good as much as a nice sharp sword would." It might be a trick of the lack of light in here but you almost think the sword strapped to the shopkeep is glowering at you with its twin gem set hilt.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 09, 2019, 07:47:49 am »

Smile. "That will do well, I think. It seems I do not have much skill with wea-pons, you see, and my fists have some weight to them."

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 09, 2019, 07:52:48 am »

Smile. "That will do well, I think. It seems I do not have much skill with wea-pons, you see, and my fists have some weight to them."
+1

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 09, 2019, 08:03:57 am »

You do the face stuff. "That will do well, I think. It seems I do not have much skill with wea-pons, you see, and my fists have some weight to them.",
"Well that's all well and good." the shopkeeper goes into the back room and returns shortly with a rather normal if not grimmy pair of metal gauntlets. "Will that be all today or might I interest you in some wooden javelins, can't go wrong with a nice cheap single use javelin just two measure with your perchance limit two per customer quivers not included." the shopkeep goes back on with speil trying to sell you more stuff.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 09, 2019, 08:17:21 am »

Make sure the gauntlets fit.

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 09, 2019, 08:28:55 am »

You try the gauntlets on; they fit well enough. "No javelins? How about a sling, just one measure today only offer valid only for first sling purchased ammo not included." the salesman heckles you for sales.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 09, 2019, 08:31:01 am »

Smile, shake head. "This will be all. Thank you very much."
We're done here, methinks.

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 09, 2019, 08:59:30 am »

You do the face stuff, and shake your head. "This will be all. Thank you very much."
Makdt pays the shopkeeper for the gauntlets, and exits the smithy, waiting for you outside.
"Do come back if you ever want to buy a weapon, and tell your friends 'The Singing Sword' of Ter for all their weapon needs!" the shopkeep sends you off with what might just be an imagined wink of a jewel eye, as you leave the shop.
"So now where are we off to?" Makdt implores you for direction, seeming quite worn out from spending measures.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 09, 2019, 09:22:46 am »

"I have all I need for time being. Have you any-thing you still wish to do here?"

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 168