Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 168

Author Topic: Necromancy? 5E  (Read 103415 times)

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancy?
« Reply #135 on: July 28, 2019, 02:39:41 am »

Laying over the gate in awkward silence feels kinds wrong.

Suddenly a trapdoor open up in the ground in front of you on the far-side of the gate.
"Ok, who stalled the story?" pops out a greasy looking dwarf climbing out of the ground like a gopher...
"Think it might have been me." says the elf a bit embarrassed
"Let's have a look at the problem, than." the dwarf responds pulling out a unbound book and starts flipping through it, "cloaked person lays of gate... yet unnamed elf says elf words... DM gives list of rolled words but not their meaning, well that's probably it."
"Well how do we fix it?" asks the elf, "Don't worry i've got this." the dwarf proclaims tearing about half a page out and shoving  it into your mouth.
"And you quit playing this like its a puzzle game, we warned you about this last time with the damn doors!" the dwarf scolds the DM
(sorry, got a little carried away there forgot people tend to dislike hard to understand contrivances)
"well don't let it happen again, us lot got worldbuilding to do and cant be stopping the whole story just to fix a stall." the rather grumpy fellow fires off, before storming off back down his trapdoor closing it like it never existed.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 28, 2019, 04:23:39 am »

”Thank you” stand up. “Sorry about this, am I allowed to enter”
(Sorry for not posting an action in a while)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 28, 2019, 04:52:55 am »

”Thank you” stand up. “Sorry about this, am I allowed to enter”
(Sorry for not posting an action in a while)
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 28, 2019, 11:33:07 am »

Is this still on?

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 28, 2019, 11:43:30 am »

”Thank you” you say standing up off the gate. “Sorry about this, am I allowed to enter”

The elf still a bit embarrassed explains plainly, "The elf-gate only lets elfs through, there's honestly nothing i can do about that, my job is only to keep humans from hurting the elf-gate in ignorance."

(sorry i slept in), explains the DM

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 28, 2019, 11:50:38 am »

”can you tell me about other areas I can visit?”

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 28, 2019, 12:37:14 pm »

”can you tell me about other areas I can visit?”
The elf thinks for a second before replying, "If your honestly desperate to get to pas dor you can follow the elf-gate neathward through the kinlit to the meran district, or seaward to... the sea, there's also... Ter... at the other end of the mer road." the sloppy directions give you great confidence this elf doesn't do much traveling.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2019, 02:18:56 pm »

”Thank you”

Head to Ter

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 28, 2019, 02:38:40 pm »

”Thank you” you offer the elf as you start back down the road you came from.

You start heading to Ter; but it's not long at all before you are mockingly stopped by a bird blocking your progress, "Told ya so, told ya so."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 28, 2019, 03:01:37 pm »

”yep, I should have listened”

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 28, 2019, 03:16:01 pm »

”yep, I should have listened”, you tell the bird and it smuggly starts hopping along with you.
You continue toward Ter, bird in tow.

(this is technically a very long trip, so if you want to continue on without stopping say so)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 28, 2019, 03:38:47 pm »

Yes, continue without stoppoping

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 28, 2019, 04:08:36 pm »

You travel on to Ter; after a while the bird grows tired of hopping along and decided riding on you was easier, you walk walk through the rest of the day & all through the night & into the next afternoon...
You pass by the sign and the trail, the now half missing wagon, and even some elfs with loaded-up backpack camping for the night on the road...
Until the road exits forth from the orkbarken unto crop-fields on hills, passing these you enter into a village straddling the road.
Wooden buildings with thatch roofs; busy humans walk by working, playing, living, talking... what looks you get are welcoming if not wary.
"Ter firma, only thing harder than the soil is the lives of the people who work it." jests your birdly passenger.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 28, 2019, 04:12:07 pm »

”If their lives are hard, we should help them”
Start helping the people with their work

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 28, 2019, 05:11:49 pm »

”If their lives are hard, we should help them.” you tell the bird and it retorts, "I only work if the Measures are good, and besides with this cloak you'll cause more harm than good if you try to get involved with these people's business." the bird proclaims tugging at the white cloak on your shoulder.

You go to help the people; walking around for awhile you find yourself circling some sort of display-board with various strips of cloth, bark-paper, and assorted pieces of plank attached to it... all of which have writing on them.
"How quaint a job board, where are you going to take us next; a tavern, a cave, some far-off tower to rescue a fair maiden." the bird chuckles insultingly.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 168