Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 168

Author Topic: Necromancy? 5E  (Read 103505 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancy? 5E
« Reply #315 on: July 31, 2019, 10:36:09 am »

After he answers, go tell Makdt “Makdt, Bubblebath Curdlesnout III came for an appointment with you”

Mm... Makdt pretty clearly did not want to be disturbed. I'm thinking we want to stall "Bubbles" here as long as we possibly can...

If we do wind up doing this, first say to Curdlesnout: "I am going to try and fetch witch-Makdt now. Please wait here." Then walk up to the door, and-- without entering-- call in.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 10:38:09 am by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 31, 2019, 10:45:31 am »

"Hm. I hope that you may return to your Fey-wild in days to come.", clapping excitedly the fey mirrors your sentiment "Ho I as well hope this." (No planescape!) The fey looks very disappointed.

"You interest me with your speech of names. Your name may be spoken one way and another way, so long as it is a thing of pride and whim-sy? The pride and whim-sy, then, is the name?" you ask of the fey

"Ho close enough, most mortals eventually come to understand and use my name in time." the fey encourages you hopefully.
"I am going to try and fetch witch-Makdt now. Please wait here." you tell the fey and go to fetch Makdt from the doorway, “Makdt, Bubblebath Curdlesnout III came for an appointment with you”...
Silence, you can't hear a response.

(Only you can determine what your voice sounds like, it's already there inside you...)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 31, 2019, 10:50:33 am »

Head inside and look around

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 31, 2019, 10:54:12 am »

You go inside and look around, neither form of Makdt is around.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 31, 2019, 12:00:57 pm »

Unless our blood-spell starts poking us, I'm not really all that inclined to start poking secrets we don't need to know...

Return to Curdlesnoot. Try and look apologetic. "Witch-Makdt seems not to be yet a-vail-a-ble for company."

Oh, and let's go with... mm... how about a nice deep rumbly voice, but kinda badly modulated? We're a deep-throated undead that's still learning how talking works, so we're often a little louder or a little harsher-toned than we should be.

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 31, 2019, 12:23:40 pm »

Unless our blood-spell starts poking us, I'm not really all that inclined to start poking secrets we don't need to know...

Return to Curdlesnoot. Try and look apologetic. "Witch-Makdt seems not to be yet a-vail-a-ble for company."

Oh, and let's go with... mm... how about a nice deep rumbly voice, but kinda badly modulated? We're a deep-throated undead that's still learning how talking works, so we're often a little louder or a little harsher-toned than we should be.

+@
Here is hoping said tone doesn’t make him think we are mad

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 31, 2019, 12:26:29 pm »

Eh, we're retconning here. If this works the way I think it does, we've been talking to him this way the whole time.

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 31, 2019, 04:48:18 pm »

You return to the fey and inform him, "Witch-Makdt seems not to be yet a-vail-a-ble for company.", "Ho that's fine even with my lightened load it will still take me a few days to reach Lady Makdt side." the fey calmly states.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 31, 2019, 05:16:35 pm »

"Oh? Must you move then of much slowness?"

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 31, 2019, 05:56:48 pm »

"Oh? Must you move then of much slowness?", you ask the fey "Ho yes I'm quite more ambulatory than I've been in the past." he says wiggling his aloft 'mustache' a bit.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 31, 2019, 06:10:52 pm »

"Hm. Well then, it seems we shall be here for some time!" Smile. "Since we must wait longer yet, there is a thing I would ask you."
"When I was in town some days ago, witch-Makdt laid a... blood-spell on me. She calls it a 'string around my neck', and claims ow-ner-ship over me by it."
"Have you heard of such a thing in your wan-der-ings?"

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 31, 2019, 06:23:49 pm »

"Hm. Well then, it seems we shall be here for some time!" You do the face stuff. "Since we must wait longer yet, there is a thing I would ask you."
"When I was in town some days ago, witch-Makdt laid a... blood-spell on me. She calls it a 'string around my neck', and claims ow-ner-ship over me by it."
"Have you heard of such a thing in your wan-der-ings?"
"Ho colour me jealous Lady Makdt must have taken a keen liking to you to charm you in such a forward way." the fey with closed eyes & his hand reposed over his heart "I do know of such charm spells, but I haven't had much need to learn of them so I fear, I know nothing about them at all."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 31, 2019, 06:35:50 pm »

"Hm. Well, thank you. Perhaps I shall have to ask witch-Makdt once more."
"There is a second thing I have won-dered. By the deemings of other folk, I seem to be... u-nique among re-ve-nants. Have you come across other re-ve-nants in your time? Are they indeed unlike me?"

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 31, 2019, 06:59:04 pm »

"Hm. Well, thank you. Perhaps I shall have to ask witch-Makdt once more. There is a second thing I have won-dered. By the deemings of other folk, I seem to be... u-nique among re-ve-nants. Have you come across other re-ve-nants in your time? Are they indeed unlike me?" you inquire of the fey
(woof a nat20 on a interrogation check, welp Snozzlebert Crackersprout III spill the beans)
"Ho yes, you are quite a peculiarity of a failed necromancy I ever did see. Ho but still here you are walking around and conversing as if it were a natural thing to do for a corpse, even for my grove this is quite perplexing. I've had my eye on you undead for the short while you've been such, but I can say with certainty you are like no revenant that I've ever beholden."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 31, 2019, 07:01:51 pm »

Smile. "It is good, to walk, it is good, to speak! But what then is the nature of other re-ve-nants?"

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 168