Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 168

Author Topic: Necromancy? 5E  (Read 103425 times)

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancy? 5E
« Reply #2310 on: November 23, 2019, 02:58:00 pm »

You leave the Drunken Kenku and head towards the temple.
Is is getting pretty late out, it will probably be night in a few hours at most.

You walk down the streets without any incidents, and into the temple.
It is pretty busy in here as there are people coming in to receive potions of cure disease from the clerics, there is probably half the town lined up coming to get them and there are three local clerics as well Hedra handling that to the left side of the temple.
Aviial is here to soak in some praise and thanks from the townsfolk apparently and Stump is sitting aside in what looks like prayer.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: November 23, 2019, 03:01:50 pm »

Approach Aviial. "Many congratulations, holy knight! I seek a cleric of Ilmater... might I find such a one within this temple?"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: November 23, 2019, 03:57:15 pm »

"Many congratulations, holy knight! I seek a cleric of Ilmater... might I find such a one within this temple?" you say approaching Aviial

"Ilmater, not a overly sought god in this region... but you happen to have struck upon a bit of luck for I Aviial am a paladin sect of the clergy of The Crying God!" He informs you even going as far to pull out his holy symbol to show you, a small pair of silver hands bound at the wrist in red cord around his neck. "If you are here to pray for your sickness, know that I Aviial at the behest of Ilmater had journeyed forth to fight an army of brigands and return cures, now available to those in need." he does a point motion towards where the clerics are dispensing potions.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: November 23, 2019, 04:06:04 pm »

"I'm quite well, thank you... my concerns are of a more spiritual bent."

"I recently met a-- a most holy person-- who explained to me the nature of your church. I should like to seek forgiveness from certain folk I have wronged in the past, in keeping with Ilmater's teachings, but certain of those I've wronged no longer walk the land of the living. This acquaintance of mine, he told me to seek out a cleric of Ilmater and ask: what is the proper way to make a peace-offering to the dead?"

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: November 23, 2019, 04:56:37 pm »

"I'm quite well, thank you... my concerns are of a more spiritual bent." You tell him.
"Oh?" Says the paladin.
"I recently met a-- a most holy person-- who explained to me the nature of your church. I should like to seek forgiveness from certain folk I have wronged in the past, in keeping with Ilmater's teachings, but certain of those I've wronged no longer walk the land of the living. This acquaintance of mine, he told me to seek out a cleric of Ilmater and ask: what is the proper way to make a peace-offering to the dead?" you ask.
"Veneration of the dead you've wronged." Aviial puts his hands on his hips and hangs his head. "I'd say offerings of incense, holy water, healing potions,silver mirrors, diamond dust, or golden coins at their graves or a shrine of the fallen should dispel any lingering resentment the dead might have toward you." He suggests.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: November 23, 2019, 05:10:29 pm »

"Hm. I think I could seek out such things."
"This shrine-- could I possibly construct it myself?"

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: November 23, 2019, 05:29:32 pm »

"Hm. I think I could seek out such things." you say
"This shrine-- could I possibly construct it myself?" you ask

"While I don't doubt your means or devotion, building a shrine of the fallen is a temple matter and even then they are only ever built in towns sanctioned by the nobility..." Aviial appears to think on something for a moment, "Although if I recall Ter is such a place and should have one built here, you may want to ask Hedra the head priest about it." He points out Hedra to you. "You may want to wait for him to be less busy, as he is working on distributing aid the townsfolk in need." he suggests.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: November 23, 2019, 05:34:19 pm »

Smile. "Very well-- I shall return on some less busy occasion. Thank you for your words."

"You and your compatriots are doing a good thing here, holy knight! May you receive glory in the name of your god."
Bow, and return to the Drunken Kenku.

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: November 23, 2019, 05:50:58 pm »

You approximate a smile and say "Very well-- I shall return on some less busy occasion. Thank you for your words."

"You and your compatriots are doing a good thing here, holy knight! May you receive glory in the name of your god." You tell him, bow and leave the temple to return to the Drunken Kenku.

You walk through the streets without incident and back into the Inn.
It seems Makdt and the Ladili have left the Tavern while you were away, as well Sylvan has returned and is talking to the beastman you tried to talk to before.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: November 23, 2019, 06:12:20 pm »

listen to Sylvan and the beastman’s conversation. Maybe we can learn a bit of the beastman’s language by listening to Sylvan’s responses

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: November 23, 2019, 06:31:42 pm »

You go over and try to listen to the conversation between the beastman and Sylvan; the are both talking in the same singsong language, the same language Sylvan was speaking to Urin the last time you tried to listen in on him.

You aren't able to make heads or tales of what they are saying.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: November 23, 2019, 06:51:14 pm »

If Urin isn’t busy, ask if he can teach some of the language to us

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: November 23, 2019, 10:17:40 pm »

You go ask Urin if he is free enough to teach you some of the language that Sylvan is speaking.
"You mean Pre-Arc Elvish? It's mostly a dead language, there's probably less than a dozen speakers on the whole of Arc Mundas. I myself only know I because I work for Gwionasaereglil. I could probably teach you it for three gold pieces over maybe two hundred and fifty days or more, or three Measures each day of training..." the dwarf tells you.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: November 23, 2019, 11:41:50 pm »

"A fine offer! But I fear I must decline, for time being... perhaps someday."
"Did you by any chance see the witches Makdt and Ladili leave this place? I hoped to find them still here, but they seem to have wandered off..."

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: November 24, 2019, 12:11:41 am »

"A fine offer! But I fear I must decline, for time being... perhaps someday." you tell the dwarf
"Did you by any chance see the witches Makdt and Ladili leave this place? I hoped to find them still here, but they seem to have wandered off..." you ask
"The witch Makdt told me to tell you that she is going to the shop and will return by tomorrow at the latest, and has paid for accommodations for you for the night Mr. Meatball and left you this." Urin gives you your money pouch that Makdt had salvaged.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 168