Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 168

Author Topic: Necromancy? 5E  (Read 103897 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancy? 5E
« Reply #1890 on: October 24, 2019, 08:55:47 pm »

Smirk a little. "Bum-bling dolt, eh?"

Head back to the other room, open the floodgates, and set up the rope ladder so Hedra and Avial can climb out

Do head back to the other room... but if I recall, those floodgates are the only thing preventing that pit from flooding. Let's not go opening those until we've assessed the situation a bit...
Fair point, we still get the rope ladder out though

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: October 24, 2019, 09:00:32 pm »

Sure, might as well.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: October 24, 2019, 09:20:48 pm »

Smirk a little. "Bum-bling dolt, eh?" you stand up and head to the other room with the two conscious ladies following you, "He is just the worst, he must be cursed or something." the elf tells you.

You find the mechanism for releasing the floodgate and recall that while the pit does infact drain, there also isn't any other way in or out that Ungas knew of.

You pull the rope ladder out from the water near the floodgate, it is anchored to the wooden platform near the edge of the water and is wooden planks tied together with rope, the whole ladder is wet.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: October 24, 2019, 10:07:26 pm »

Inspect the water-channel. Would it be possible to crawl/swim out into the room proper through it, if the floodgate was lowered?
If not... scrutinize the floor. Is there somewhere we could break a way through?

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: October 25, 2019, 01:54:01 am »

You inspect the water channel; it is a mostly straightforward stone channel filled with water about waist deep now, the floodgate which opens upward should as you recall open enough to allow a medium sized creature to pass through it easily without having to go under the flow of water using the ladder.
The depth of the channel shouldn't make it too hard to climb up onto the wooden platform.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: October 25, 2019, 07:11:04 am »

We should inform the people in the pit of the plan to get them out.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: October 25, 2019, 08:17:10 am »

We should inform the people in the pit of the plan to get them out.

Indeed.

Approach the grate, and call through. "We've a way to get you out, sir and ma-am! The flood-gate, we have found a way to cast it o-pen... you shall be a-ble to come through with ease!"

"I hope you do not mind a bit of damp..."
Lower the ladder once again into the channel. Release the gate.

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: October 25, 2019, 08:51:01 am »

You approach the grate, and call through. "We've a way to get you out, sir and ma-am! The flood-gate, we have found a way to cast it o-pen... you shall be a-ble to come through with ease!"
You hear the two men shout out with glee.
"I hope you do not mind a bit of damp..." you say.
You lower the ladder once again into the channel and then release the gate; the water pours out through the floodgate for a bit carrying the ladder out with it, after a bit you see the first of the group to ascend up through the floodgate and a bit confusing as it seems to be one of the zombies with the body of a lizardman tied to it...
Proceeds is another zombie with the necromancer strapped to it and then the remainder of the zombies that fell victim to the pit trap before finally Hedra & Aviial ascend up to join everyone else on the wooden platform.
The elf informs Hedra that your group has "taken care of the werewolf" and Aviial tells her not at all laking some relief, "Good job Stump, It is a shame I Aviial couldn't have been there to help you defeat that cursed beast, but I'm sure you will still hold me in highest regard for being there in spirit." before she directs Hedra towards where Ungas fell.

The water in the channel is still running out now, but the pace has gone down as most of the water is now in the pit.

(do you wish to do anything?)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: October 25, 2019, 09:11:24 am »

"Right then... what must we yet slay? I do not wish to stay in this place long."

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: October 25, 2019, 10:22:28 pm »

"Right then... what must we yet slay? I do not wish to stay in this place long." you ask, Aviial says, "After we finish clearing this fort, we will be spending the night before we set back out for Ter. So if there is anyone else here they will be the target of our attack." he then proceeds towards the hall where you fought Ungas leaving you more or less alone with Makdt and the zombies caring corpses.

"We could break off and look for loot if you are tired of combat. I cant really do any more combat with no magic." suggests Makdt.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: October 25, 2019, 10:37:51 pm »

+Sounds good”

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: October 26, 2019, 06:34:01 am »

+Sounds good”
+1 Also we might want to see if there's a chance that we could take over the Necromancer's body after everyone else is gone.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: October 26, 2019, 11:11:34 am »

+Sounds good”
+1 Also we might want to see if there's a chance that we could take over the Necromancer's body after everyone else is gone.
+1 The + in the previous post is supposed to be a “

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: October 26, 2019, 09:05:37 pm »

"Sounds good" you tell her, "Ok, where do you want to start?" she says sounding a bit more cheerful to not have to do anymore fighting.

(You are also currently alone with the Necromancer's corpse in the same room, if you think Makdt will mind...)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: October 26, 2019, 10:22:06 pm »

I... would really rather not pull any more shenanigans like that for time being. If I thought otherwise, I would've suggested we assume Ungas' corpse properly when we had the chance!

"We could follow the trail of the holy folk... clean up af-ter them." (Chuckle.)
"I've not seen much worth ta-king thus far, have you?"

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 168