Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 168

Author Topic: Necromancy? 5E  (Read 103806 times)

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancy? 5E
« Reply #1605 on: September 30, 2019, 11:31:10 pm »

You try to scale the ridge (15+2 succeeds); you successfully scale the first half of the climb, looking around you see that Makdt & the assorted clerics are struggling to keep up with the peasants, strangely the elf cleric and Sylvan seem to be having no difficulty and are even higher up than you, while the blue robes monk is somehow already surpassed the ridge and is cheering on the rest of the group... As for Aviial, even though he was the first to start climbing it seems he is the lowest person on the ridge just behind the helmeted orc woman.

It takes over an hour for the assembled group to make it to the top collectively.
The fort stands off in the distance a stone opponent guarding the land in silent vigil.
The group slowly make the approach to the gate and your first hurdle...
Although it appears wide open, inviting for an easy frontal assault, you see it is guarded by the gargoyle brothers Guul & Hikdun who stand statuesque with arms outstretched towards each other across the opposite sides of the gate.
"It wide open, lets charge!" says the monk as he breaks from the pack.
(do you wish to do anything?)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: October 01, 2019, 05:51:15 am »

”The gargoyles will kill you. Cease your charge!”
Regardless of whether the monk listens or not, try to get around to a side wall farther from the gargoyles and climb the wall

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: October 01, 2019, 06:31:49 am »

”The gargoyles will kill you. Cease your charge!” you shout out to the monk, "These creatures are no threat to a master of the Fist of the Sea Star!" he says and continues his charge up to the gate.
As for the wall it is made to be defensible and reaches to both the edges of the ridge with large flat stone blocks, to climb the wall would be improbable let alone being impossible for others of the group.
The monk has reached the gate, he has stopped... he stands just between the pair of gargoyle, appearing as is ready to fight and waiting.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: October 01, 2019, 06:57:01 am »

Are any of the bricks loose? Try to pull out one of the bricks of the wall

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: October 01, 2019, 07:20:39 am »

(might have described that a bit poorly, the fort is made of blocks that are about 3 feet square on outside face hundreds of pounds and stacked tightly together to form a outer wall, this fort is about 50 feet wide as is the top of the ridge and a story and a half high and the gate is 15 feet wide, you can attempt to scale the wall but i'm going to tell you it is a hard or greater athletics check)
While you examine the fort for loose brick, the group collectively moves up towards the gate.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: October 01, 2019, 07:25:51 am »

rejoin the group towards the back. Get ready for when the gargoyles attack
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 07:27:26 am by Naturegirl1999 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: October 01, 2019, 11:40:45 am »

rejoin the group towards the back. Get ready for when the gargoyles attack
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: October 01, 2019, 08:19:19 pm »

You rejoin the group as they arrive at the gate, all is still... the gargoyles are motionless, if you didn't know better you'd think they were simply statues, "Ken, is it safe?" Hedra asks the monk who still stands ready for action...
Silence.

A cleric woman screams, "Look out, there's some kind of strings between them!"
You focus to try to see the strings, and catch a glimpse of what looks like nothing more than spider's silk hanging in the air between the pair of stone beings.
"Ken get out of there!" yells the helmeted orc woman

"You may not realize it-" says one of the gargoyles "-but he's already dead." finishes the other.
The pair pull their hands away from each other and... the monk literally explodes in a shower of blood and gore having be sliced to ribbons.

(It appears combat with the gargoyle twins will begin in earnest soon, what do you wish to do?)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: October 01, 2019, 08:35:17 pm »

We're fighting... microfilament-wielding stone monsters. That's... really bad.
Man I wish I'd picked the greatsword. And that we'd taken that pact earlier. An eldritch blast or two would come in handy just about now...

"Stay back."
Ready an action: if one of the gargoyles draws within 30 feet (6 sword?) of us, move into melee range and strike at it.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: October 01, 2019, 08:38:18 pm »

We're fighting... microfilament-wielding stone monsters. That's... really bad.
Man I wish I'd picked the greatsword. And that we'd taken that pact earlier. An eldritch blast or two would come in handy just about now...

"Stay back."
Ready an action: if one of the gargoyles draws within 30 feet (6 sword?) of us, move into melee range and strike at it.

+1
Plus we can leave the husk before they kill us and try to assume one of them(this isn’t bolded because we are not doing that yet
use our maul
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 09:11:18 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: October 01, 2019, 09:23:04 pm »

Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: October 01, 2019, 09:58:20 pm »

"For the glory I Av-" you hear Aviial start before he is interrupted by tripping and falling face first into the ground.
"Charge!" yells the helmed Orcish woman as she rushes up to attack one of the gargoyle with her rapier; (15+4hits, 8 piercing-resisted) the bounces off but chips the stone being, "It's too hard!" she says and action surges to attack again; (10+4misses) the attack bounces off.
(it's your turn)

(for reference Ω are the gargoyles, ö is the orc woman, $ is sylvan, Ä is Aviial, H is Hedra, Ü is a peasant, ù is a cleric, è is the elf cleric)
Code: [Select]
√╚═══╬╬╬═══╝√
√░░░Ω░¿░Ω░░░√
√░░ö░░░░░░░░√
√░░░░░░░░░░░√
√░░░░░░░░░░░√
√░░░░░░░░░░░√
√░░░░ÄÜ░$░░░√
√░░ùèÜHÜæÜ░░√
√░░░ùùù☺ùÜ░░√
√░░░░░░░░░░░√
√░░░░░░░░░░░√

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: October 02, 2019, 03:20:11 am »

I say we rush the gargoyles when everyone else does, and we try to attack them from behind with our maul.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: October 02, 2019, 04:47:49 am »

I say we rush the gargoyles when everyone else does, and we try to attack them from behind with our maul.
+1

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: October 02, 2019, 05:09:58 am »

(So you want to... use a ready action as your action this turn?, you can't both move and attack as a ready action, if you want you may move to where you can ready an attack to happen to react to something happening like say 'rush to where we can be ready to attack a flanked gargoyle when someone else is attacking it'... is that fine?)
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 168