Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 168

Author Topic: Necromancy? 5E  (Read 103781 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancy? 5E
« Reply #1515 on: September 27, 2019, 03:22:03 pm »

"...You're right. I ap-ologize! I... I shall try to ex-plain."
"I do not think my-self to be a ghost. I think my-self to be... ah, I know not what. Some un-natural thing, not of this world."
"When the machine fled, I... followed it for a time. After a time, a shade lifted from it-- a pale thing, shape-less. I suspect that shade may be like unto my-self... and so this test."

"Describe to me what you see, witch-Makdt."

Free ourself from the husk of Rollo. Remain thus for a few seconds, then assume the husk once more.
Have a good look at ourself while we're out. What do we look like when not actively assuming something?

we should probably stay out for at least 30 seconds so she can actually see us
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: September 27, 2019, 03:34:41 pm »

"...You're right. I ap-ologize! I... I shall try to ex-plain. I do not think my-self to be a ghost. I think my-self to be... ah, I know not what. Some un-natural thing, not of this world. When the machine fled, I... followed it for a time. After a time, a shade lifted from it-- a pale thing, shape-less. I suspect that shade may be like unto my-self... and so this test." you say

"Describe to me what you see, witch-Makdt." you ask her
You leave your Rollo husk...
"Describe what... what is that?! Uh... is that... you... it's like... you are meaty, purple and splotchy black... why are you so veiny and why are they... cyan like that, oh! you have... are those teeth, they look like a bundle of silver needles..." she describes you
You can't see anything like this as you don't currently have any sort of eyes.
(#80529c #4747434d #57c5d8 for reference colors)

You re enter your rollo husk, Makdt looks shaken to say the least.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: September 27, 2019, 03:54:35 pm »

30 seconds was a good call. It seems I've led us down a bit of a wild goose chase... sorry 'bout that. I suspected that white mass we saw over the machine might be our missing soul-fragment, so I was wondering if we looked similar... apparently we do not. I'm not dismissing this hunch yet, but I didn't get the proof I was looking for there.

"Hm. That is... not quite what I was ex-pec-ting... and not at all like the shade of the machine." (Sigh.) "Well, that is what I am... for better or worse."
Try for a bit of a chuckle. "Am I horrible, witch-Makdt? I do not mean to be..."
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: September 27, 2019, 04:18:52 pm »

80529c
47434d
57c5d8
30 seconds was a good call. It seems I've led us down a bit of a wild goose chase... sorry 'bout that. I suspected that white mass we saw over the machine might be our missing soul-fragment, so I was wondering if we looked similar... apparently we do not. I'm not dismissing this hunch yet, but I didn't get the proof I was looking for there.

"Hm. That is... not quite what I was ex-pec-ting... and not at all like the shade of the machine." (Sigh.) "Well, that is what I am... for better or worse."
Except this part
Try for a bit of a chuckle. "Am I horrible, witch-Makdt? I do not mean to be..."
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 04:41:26 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: September 27, 2019, 04:24:15 pm »

"Hm. That is... not quite what I was ex-pec-ting... and not at all like the shade of the machine." You sigh. "Well, that is what I am... for better or worse." you say and give out a bit of a chuckle. "Am I horrible, witch-Makdt? I do not mean to be..." you say
"It's definitely a surprise, you being a blob of wet flesh crawling out of your skull without a word of warning... but your not horrible just, different..."she says sounding like shes trying to convince herself more than you.
"I've never heard of anyth- one like you, but I know you are probably not some species of slime, slimes don't have teeth, at least none that I've ever heard of do." she tells you

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: September 27, 2019, 04:39:41 pm »

”Since I don’t need this husk, I should probably use it to get back to where the machine is and leave it there for the soul to take. I can use the rabbit body or just be without a Husk”

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: September 27, 2019, 05:29:20 pm »

”Since I don’t need this husk, I should probably use it to get back to where the machine is and leave it there for the soul to take. I can use the rabbit body or just be without a Husk” you say
"You can do that? I mean be without someone else's body? And how are you controlling someone else's body anyways? Can you control things that aren't- or were alive." Makdt asks

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: September 27, 2019, 05:43:42 pm »

"I can in-deed be without a husk, yes. I do not know how I con-trol bodies... I do not know if I can con-trol still objects. I sus-pect not."

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: September 27, 2019, 05:48:50 pm »

If I am not in it already, get back into Rolio’s body. If I’m already in Rolio’s body, leave the room, thank the innkeeper, and begin heading to Rolio and the machine

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: September 27, 2019, 06:01:26 pm »

"I can in-deed be without a husk, yes. I do not know how I con-trol bodies... I do not know if I can con-trol still objects. I sus-pect not."
You get up to leave- stay with me you feel the magical hold go taut, "Your trying to run off arent you. You got me into this mess with the temple, your gonna keep with it meatball, now get some rest we have a long day tomorrow." she says.

(do you want to try to force yourself away?)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: September 27, 2019, 06:28:14 pm »

No.

"Of course. I... I am sorry to have troubled you."
Take a seat on the floor, reclining against the opposite wall. "Good night, witch-Makdt."

Sleep, if we can.

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: September 27, 2019, 06:44:14 pm »

No.

"Of course. I... I am sorry to have troubled you."
Take a seat on the floor, reclining against the opposite wall. "Good night, witch-Makdt."

Sleep, if we can.

+1

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: September 27, 2019, 06:45:12 pm »

"Of course. I... I am sorry to have troubled you." you say
You take a seat on the floor, reclining against the opposite wall. "Good night, witch-Makdt." you tell her as she gets up to pat your head "Good night." she says and walk off, presumably upstairs to deal with the poisons.

You fall asleep...

(Would you like to do anything while you are asleep?)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: September 27, 2019, 06:49:37 pm »

Are we ready to take a new level yet?

Regardless... it's time to have a nice long talk with that entity we met before, in the salt-pack.

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: September 27, 2019, 06:54:50 pm »

Are we ready to take a new level yet?

Regardless... it's time to have a nice long talk with that entity we met before, in the salt-pack.

Yes
[hello again. Would you be willing to tell me what I am?]
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 168