Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 168

Author Topic: Necromancy? 5E  (Read 103778 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancy? 5E
« Reply #1500 on: September 26, 2019, 04:33:02 pm »

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: September 26, 2019, 05:25:16 pm »

You travel quitely back towards Ter; after nearly the whole trip Makdt wakes up and besides being very confused is alright.
"Wha... where, where am I? Why are you carrying me? What happened?" she asks as she forces her way out of your hold to land on the ground unceremoniously.
You feel it's been about an hour since she passed out.

(Ter is in view and you are safe to walk the rest of the way)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: September 26, 2019, 05:31:52 pm »

"Your spell struck you down... I saw us safely away."
"Can you walk?"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: September 26, 2019, 06:18:52 pm »

"Your spell struck you down... I saw us safely away." you tell her
"Pushed myself a little too much." Makdt says
"Can you walk?" you ask
"Yeah I can walk." she says

You continue on back into Ter and the problems have resolved themselves but the circus has been closed.
"It's getting late let's go back to the tavern so we are at least healed up for tomorrow." Makdt suggests

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: September 26, 2019, 08:26:54 pm »

"Let's." (Start heading that way.)
"And if I may, witch-Makdt... I would rather lose this husk than lose a friend! Please... be care-ful about pushing your-self so on my account."

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: September 26, 2019, 09:45:43 pm »

"Let's." (Start heading that way.)
"And if I may, witch-Makdt... I would rather lose this husk than lose a friend! Please... be care-ful about pushing your-self so on my account."

+1

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: September 26, 2019, 11:53:05 pm »

"Let's." You say, you group starts heading towards the tavern.
"And if I may, witch-Makdt... I would rather lose this husk than lose a friend! Please... be care-ful about pushing your-self so on my account." you say
"I just stretched my sieve a bit too much, it's not ideal but you handled it well enough." she says smiling

(your group gets to the main street)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: September 27, 2019, 12:23:59 am »

"Handled-- handled!"
"That thing had me, witch-Makdt. It would have killed this husk, and you with it... I could not stop it. I could not stop it!"
"I did not flee the machine, witch-Makdt. The machine fled me... and I do not know why. It could have slain us both with ease."

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: September 27, 2019, 12:55:18 am »

"Handled-- handled!" you say
"That thing had me, witch-Makdt. It would have killed this husk, and you with it... I could not stop it. I could not stop it!" you tell her
"I did not flee the machine, witch-Makdt. The machine fled me... and I do not know why. It could have slain us both with ease." you tell her

"What do you mean it fled? What do you mean it had you?" she asks looking very pale.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: September 27, 2019, 09:47:51 am »

"When you fell, I tried to flee with you and your bird both... and the machine grew legs. It gave chase-- grabbed me some-how-- and tried to... take my husk!" (Let our eyes go wide. This is suddenly making a great deal more sense!) "It tried to take my husk, witch-Makdt... as I would take a husk! And it saw me in-side, and knew me for a being like unto it-self-- and fled!"

Walk a little faster. "I think I may have learned a thing of great im-port this day, witch-Makdt... if I can only make cer-tain of it back at the inn, away from other eyes!"

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: September 27, 2019, 01:18:31 pm »

"When you fell, I tried to flee with you and your bird both... and the machine grew legs. It gave chase-- grabbed me some-how-- and tried to... take my husk!" you say as your eyes go wide "It tried to take my husk, witch-Makdt... as I would take a husk! And it saw me in-side, and knew me for a being like unto it-self-- and fled!" you tell her
"What do you mean that thing was like you? aren't you a ghost?" she says

You walk a little faster to get to the inn. "I think I may have learned a thing of great im-port this day, witch-Makdt... if I can only make cer-tain of it back at the inn, away from other eyes!"you say
"Make certain of what?" she asks trying to understand what your more talking to yourself about.
Your group arrives at the inn.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: September 27, 2019, 02:07:57 pm »

Yes we're talking to ourselves. We're talking to ourselves 'cos I just figured something out

"Of my own appearance!"

Approach the innkeep, request a room to ourself, and enter therein.

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: September 27, 2019, 02:33:27 pm »

"Of my own appearance!" you say, "What does that mean?" Makdt says just out of the loop.

You request a private room from the innkeeper dwarf, "You lot are with the temple... you can rest downstairs." he tells you looking his best to not look upset about it.

You go downstairs to a private 'room', the privacy curtains will most likely stop anyone from seeing anything you would do inside.
"Just talk to me, your freaking me out with all this." Makdt says sitting on the bed.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: September 27, 2019, 02:47:56 pm »

"...You're right. I ap-ologize! I... I shall try to ex-plain."
"I do not think my-self to be a ghost. I think my-self to be... ah, I know not what. Some un-natural thing, not of this world."
"When the machine fled, I... followed it for a time. After a time, a shade lifted from it-- a pale thing, shape-less. I suspect that shade may be like unto my-self... and so this test."

"Describe to me what you see, witch-Makdt."

Free ourself from the husk of Rollo. Remain thus for a few seconds, then assume the husk once more.
Have a good look at ourself while we're out. What do we look like when not actively assuming something?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 02:53:08 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: September 27, 2019, 03:20:02 pm »

"...You're right. I ap-ologize! I... I shall try to ex-plain."
"I do not think my-self to be a ghost. I think my-self to be... ah, I know not what. Some un-natural thing, not of this world."
"When the machine fled, I... followed it for a time. After a time, a shade lifted from it-- a pale thing, shape-less. I suspect that shade may be like unto my-self... and so this test."

"Describe to me what you see, witch-Makdt."

Free ourself from the husk of Rollo. Remain thus for a few seconds, then assume the husk once more.
Have a good look at ourself while we're out. What do we look like when not actively assuming something?

we should probably stay out for at least 30 seconds so she can actually see us
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 168