Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23

Author Topic: Gridhood - Divine Duel: Turn 21 - Learning about Food  (Read 21090 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood - Divine Duel: Turn 3 - Once more, with feeling!
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2019, 05:13:33 pm »

Cait Sith
All Workers Research Island Survival Skills.

I know my Overforaging, not going that route with one tile available to me in the early game. Also, why does Agriculture only have 1 ?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2019, 05:16:07 pm »

Oh, in my first game the number of question marks indicated research difficulty. I decided to do things a bit differently this time around, as keen players may have already noticed.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2019, 05:21:36 pm »

For research in the tens digit, I use two- ??. For numbers in the three digit, three- ???.

Waits to see result of research.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2019, 05:54:10 pm »

Drecthul Commonwealth

2 workers forage at G5
1 worker prays to the Wolf of the Void
2 workers research Wood Foraging

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2019, 06:06:30 pm »

Drecthul Commonwealth

2 workers forage at G5
1 worker prays to the Wolf of the Void
2 workers research Wood Foraging

Looks at them. Well, suppose that's one way to check Overforage. Wolf, mind dropping them a tile? Maybe another island?

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2019, 06:22:08 pm »

The Wolf of the Void
It appears my worshippers need more space. I can provide that space.

keep on pondering Fertility
Make another large island at G4

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2019, 06:52:00 pm »

2 workers forage at A-6
2 workers forage at A-7
2 workers pray to Yara
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2019, 07:03:54 pm »

Our limit on recieving multiple updates appears to be King Zultan's timezone.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2019, 07:30:10 pm »

No need to worry about that. Now that it started in earnest updates will be once per day. This is the best speed for a Gridhood game to progress at. Much better than the ones that update every two days, which are in turn better than the ones that only update once per week.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2019, 08:11:06 pm »

Our limit on recieving multiple updates appears to be King Zultan's timezone.
I'm really only able to post here at night.

Confederation of Deer
1 Worker prays to Yara.
2 Workers forage at A5.
2 Workers research agriculture.
1 New worker is born for 3 Food.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2019, 09:05:09 pm »

I'm really only able to post here at night.
S'all good, don't worry about it. :)
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2019, 09:44:56 pm »

Civilization name: Arutz tribe(s)
Tile:
Species Description: The Arutz have the distinction among sapient races of not really having any distinct reason to have intelligence high enough to be self-aware. They more or less just somehow bumbled their way towards being intelligent enough that they could generously be called a future creator of civilization. Perhaps this is the reason for the fact that they have a mighty resolve and stubbornness... and the mental fortitude of a schizophrenic paranoid crack addict. This sentence more or less describes them as a whole. They have a fascination with fire and explosions, which is perhaps why they show promise in any field that leads to those things. Their restraint, on the other hand, leaves much to be desired. It is for the best that Gridhood games usually don’t last long enough to reach it, because the world is more or less screwed if they ever successfully manage to split the atom.
    As a final note, descriptions on what they look like vary from being almost human in looks, to “looking like the lovechild of a spider monkey and a goat”.

Arutz tribe(s)
3 Arutz scavenge on tile G5
2 Arutz research hunter-gathering
2 new Arutz are created (6 food)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 06:16:55 am by auzewasright »

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2019, 10:08:04 pm »

Tile: G5
Species Description: The Arutz have the distinction among sapient races of not really having any distinct reason to have intelligence high enough to be self-aware. They more or less just somehow bumbled their way towards being intelligent enough that they could generously be called a future creator of civilization. Perhaps this is the reason for the fact that they have a mighty resolve and stubbornness... and the mental fortitude of a schizophrenic paranoid crack addict. This sentence more or less describes them as a whole. They have a fascination with fire and explosions, which is perhaps why they show promise in any field that leads to those things. Their restraint, on the other hand, leaves much to be desired. It is for the best that Gridhood games usually don’t last long enough to reach it, because the world is more or less screwed if they ever successfully manage to split the atom.
    As a final note, descriptions on what they look like vary from being almost human in looks, to “looking like the lovechild of a spider monkey and a goat”.

Arutz tribe(s)
G5 is already taken.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2019, 10:24:10 pm »

Tile: G5

Arutz tribe(s)
G5 is already taken.
You can take a forest tile or an ocean tile, if the latter, you will need to swim
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23