Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stonecrafter taking stones from far away  (Read 705 times)

DalmoTheDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stonecrafter taking stones from far away
« on: July 19, 2019, 02:41:02 am »

My stonecrafting dwarf is going super far away to get stones to make rock crafts. I have created a stone dump nearby and un-forbid all the stones there but he still insists on going far away. Any idea why?

Also, I have set some stone stockpiles nearby, but when people go to haul stones to the stockpile, they don't get the nearest stones, they go rather far. So the surrounding area is full of stones and they are emptying my bottom layers of stone.

Thanks for the help!.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Stonecrafter taking stones from far away
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 03:35:01 am »

Based on just that, sounds like they're simply taking your newest stones, not closest stones.

Whatever the case, I'd say use a stockpile link or burrow restriction to limit where the workshop takes stones from.

DalmoTheDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 03:51:08 am »

How do I specifically limit one workshop to a certain burrow? I only see the option to limit all workshops to one burrow.

DalmoTheDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 03:53:18 am »

I think I've got it. So any workshops within that burrow will be restricted to it, but outside workshops can take from within that burrow and outside as well, correct?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 04:48:23 am »

Yep - also note that only the center of workshop matters for counting whether it is in or out of burrow. Wiki is also helpful for times like this.