Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Will we customize our starting supplies?

Take a wisely-recommended pre-made loadout. Thank you kindly.
- 2 (20%)
We can do better by ourselves! Get in the wagon loser, we're going SHOPPING.
- 8 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21

Author Topic: Oregon Trail II: A vote-based play [THE GOOD SHIP TWELVEBAY]  (Read 16858 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Oregon Trail II: A vote-based play [LET THE RINGBEARER DECIDE]
« Reply #255 on: August 07, 2019, 12:41:26 pm »

Is there’s a way to avoid going through the water? You know, just in case.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 07, 2019, 12:54:08 pm »

There is not, however going forward it's likely that we will be able to simply cross on the ice.

In fact it's possible that if we wait a day or two the freeze will return and we can do just that. It's also possible that if we stop next to a river for longer than 5 minutes Estrava will try to gargle with it, but that's probably like trying to stop an avalanche with a hairdryer at this point.

He's like a force of nature, he will attract Cholera if any Cholera is present in his environment.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 07, 2019, 01:01:53 pm »

In keeping with the GOOD_SHIP_TWELVEBAY theme, float over the river. Make sure to splash around a bit, to stir up any spare cholera we might have missed.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oregon Trail II: A vote-based play [THE GOOD SHIP TWELVEBAY]
« Reply #258 on: August 07, 2019, 01:58:28 pm »

Lets give the gunpowder, we can keep 3/4 of it, and the Native Americans can guide us across safely

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 07, 2019, 02:02:08 pm »

Trade the gunpowder and pass me a pickle!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 07, 2019, 02:24:12 pm »

Sell the Gunpowder.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 07, 2019, 02:38:05 pm »

Of coure, the real answer is to light the guowder to propel the cart & it’s passengers to Oregon via our magical powers of explosion-induced flight.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 07, 2019, 02:41:35 pm »

We have traded the gunpowder and are across the river. We compromised with Imic and secretly lit it first to save the Indians some time using it later. The Native Americans were quite confused as to how natives of South Asia arrived in the area in the 1800's, but hey, it's a video game.

Additionally, we are now in the same area as the Columbia River, the aforementioned rafting point. There was a small hill that we passed with no problems.

Spoiler: I'm the Map (click to show/hide)

Anyway now seems as good a time as any for that vote. Rafting down the river would shave a *lot* of time off of our trip. Risks are basically tied directly to my skill at playing the minigame, which is a guide-the-raft-with-the-mouse sort of thing. Possible dangers include injury if i hit a rock, loss of supplies if I hit a rock, death by drowning from hitting a rock, and Estrava being near liquids at all times. Our riverwork skill will presumably make this easier.

There's also the land route, which basically walks along the bank. It will take a long time, and spring is months away. Dangers consist primarily death by exposure, and also include multiple hills (which are more treacherous in winter) leading to a loss of supplies if the wagon tips. There's also walking along a river with Estrava. It's difficult to say whether he can intake more water while moving at fast speeds on a boat or slowly sipping along the way.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 02:45:35 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 07, 2019, 02:43:51 pm »

I vote for the river.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 07, 2019, 03:01:47 pm »

Let's go river-rafting!
I trust your minigaming-skill completely.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 07, 2019, 03:30:47 pm »

We're perched at the top of a hill leading down into the Grande Ronde Valley. The hill is described as not that steep, but very icy. We made it down by using ropes and chains, which really just seems like the best possible option. Not sure how dangerous an icy slope can be, but the guide says to not even try a hill if its raining due to a lack of traction, so presumably they can be quite dangerous.

While hunting we saw the first pair of deer we've seen in months. We brought back 200lb of fresh game. Quite a relief to have a surplus.

We've also come to the Blue Mountains. They are both icy and steep. Not sure what to do to mitigate the possibility of disaster, it's basically just a big stupid dangerous mountain that we have to go up.

Spoiler: Here it is (click to show/hide)

I suppose it's possible that it could warm up if we wait. But that's a long shot. Also we're probably slowly freezing to death and as far as I know the next town stop is Oregon City.

Haven't seen Nick in a while, hope/hope he isn't frozen solid somewhere lodged in a snowbank made of irony.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 03:34:11 pm by Dunamisdeos »

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 07, 2019, 04:45:42 pm »

Are we carrying anything we might be able to dump to lighten the load? I don't remember buying any supplies that didn't sound essential, but I thought I'd ask.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 07, 2019, 08:13:20 pm »

Nothing substantial. We've got things like a banjo, and a harmonica, and a kettle, all of which carry a general bonus to morale and also weigh practically nothing.

Most of our weight is goat meat and pickles.

EDIT: I take it back, we still have like 100lb of shotgun ammo lying about. I shall trade for something that is both useful and lighter.

EDIT 2: Ok..... the whiskey weighs a lot. We have like 400lb of whiskey. Also i forgot trading doesn't work like that, you tell someone what you want and they ask for something of yours. Can't offer things.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 08:17:29 pm by Dunamisdeos »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 07, 2019, 08:20:48 pm »

Do we need that much whiskey? Lighten the load of half our whiskey and all of shotgun ammo, as we have a rifle, not a shotgun

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 07, 2019, 08:28:03 pm »

Do we need that much whiskey? Lighten the load of half our whiskey and all of shotgun ammo, as we have a rifle, not a shotgun

what kind of dorf are you get rid of the pickles before the booze
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21