Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Will we customize our starting supplies?

Take a wisely-recommended pre-made loadout. Thank you kindly.
- 2 (20%)
We can do better by ourselves! Get in the wagon loser, we're going SHOPPING.
- 8 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21

Author Topic: Oregon Trail II: A vote-based play [THE GOOD SHIP TWELVEBAY]  (Read 16859 times)

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
Re: Oregon Trail II: A vote-based play
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2019, 04:24:04 pm »

We should probably hold onto our cash for trading later on.

Avanti!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2019, 04:27:24 pm »

I hope we have our bible.

Also, no medicine; God will keep us safe!

/rp'ing too hard
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2019, 04:30:18 pm »

We want to buy a gun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2019, 04:32:27 pm »

Two guns were bought.

Unless you're Dick Durkin..?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2019, 04:35:19 pm »

Unfortunately we have already set out in May. The game has no time limit, you can literally camp out in the middle of the Rockies if you feel like it until everyone starves or dies of old age.

It's cool. I was just musing that my old 'start early so we reach the mountains before snow fills the passes' strategy will have to be a bit more compressed. On the other hand, we maybe won't need to wait as long at rivers since we'll encounter less flooding. *fails to hold a straight face*

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2019, 04:36:45 pm »

Wait, you don’t want everyone to die of dysentery? /literally all I know of this game

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2019, 04:42:51 pm »

We bought a pistol and some extra boxes of bullets (We have a 1:2 ratio on guns to population now) on the recommendation of our eldest and most venerable member, count von Estrava Rodriguez. Also, I tried to look for a 10-foot pole and some rope because DnD made me afraid to leave any settlement anywhere without, but was only able to find some rope.

We now have $97.92 left.

It is time to STRIKE THE EARTH TRAVEL THE TRAIL!!!

We got to choose which wagon train we went out with, I chose the one with 15 other wagons and 55 other people traveling along the way. It was a middle-of-the-road choice, one of them was MASSIVE with like 180 people in it.

<CLICK HERE FOR TRAIL MUSIC AND OMINOUS FORESHADOWING>
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 04:51:13 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2019, 04:44:27 pm »

I suggest buying food, I don’t care what kind of food, but we need some

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2019, 05:00:59 pm »

I suggest buying food, I don’t care what kind of food, but we need some

Worry not, we bought what feels like a great deal of food.

Specifically, 500lb of bacon, around 40lb of fruits/veggies, and 100lb of pickles. We can also hunt for food.

~ The first week on The Trail ~

We crossed the Blue River with no incident, having caulked the wagon and floated across. When we hit the nearby town of Westport, we stopped and had a conversation with the locals.

Spoiler: Meet the locals (click to show/hide)

Also, it's time to start demanding some bismuth grandfather clocks in our wagon, becuase....

We traveled on for a while, spotted some teepees, and made it just past landmark called "The Blue Mound". It began to rain, and then...

This one seems like a nice mild problem to cut our teeth on, after which we shall go hunting because we just have so many guns, really. What do we do?
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2019, 05:05:46 pm »

Wait, you don’t want everyone to die of dysentery? /literally all I know of this game
Nah. We should mix it up and die from cholera, too. *holds hat over heart at the memory of all the grave markers*

Try to find another path.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2019, 05:07:35 pm »

Wait for conditions to improve

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2019, 05:12:52 pm »

try to find another oath

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2019, 05:15:07 pm »

try to find another oath

We successfully craft a new cussin'-word (Putzfah) before attempting our first strategy: Find another Path.

Sadly, we were unable to find another path. This option is now greyed out.

After four days of waiting, conditions did not improve. This option is also greyed out.

We forded the trail, and our wagon got Stuck in the Mud! We double-teamed the animals and made it through. Onward to HUNTING. It gives us the option to choose between pistol, shotgun, or rifle. I figure we can just shoot a few from each and see what happens. Will post the results later tonight.

Fun fact: You can only save in towns, it seems.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 05:18:32 pm by Dunamisdeos »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2019, 05:27:29 pm »

I forgot that grandfather clocks were in this game. Would have recommended buying one earlier.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2019, 06:06:35 pm »

HUNTING ON THE TRAIL

We were able to try out the pistol and the shotgun before all of our rootin' tootin' highfalutin shootin' scared away all other animals in the area. I am sorry to say that the shotgun appears to be trash. It hit very little, and only managed to kill the smallest of animals.

Pistol: 20 shots. Killed 3 ducks, 2 deer, and 1 goose. We got 270lb. of meat, and were able to carry 207lb. back. 70 lb of meat, roughly the equivalent of an entire beef section in a grocery store, was left in the middle of the woods.
Shotgun: 10 shots. Killed 2 Prarie Dogs, 1 Goose, and 1 Duck. Only netted 11 pounds of meat, which thankfully we were able to carry back.

Spoiler: Some hunting shots (click to show/hide)

Afterwards, we made to the Kansas River! This seems to be the first major obstacle, bring a large river with lots of people and many options for crossing. We can take the ferry, ford the river, etc. You can check river conditions, which can be seen in the screenshot below near the bottom.

Spoiler: The Kansas River (click to show/hide)

I forgot that grandfather clocks were in this game. Would have recommended buying one earlier.

There are many furnitures, including rocking chairs and entire goddam stoves.

Back in a few hours!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 06:20:13 pm by Dunamisdeos »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21