Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Will we customize our starting supplies?

Take a wisely-recommended pre-made loadout. Thank you kindly.
- 2 (20%)
We can do better by ourselves! Get in the wagon loser, we're going SHOPPING.
- 8 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21

Author Topic: Oregon Trail II: A vote-based play [THE GOOD SHIP TWELVEBAY]  (Read 16919 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Oregon Trail II: A vote-based play [Bad Colds for everyone]
« Reply #135 on: July 23, 2019, 12:19:08 pm »

Animals will eat grass n stuff along the way, but if we reach an area with sparse food they can become unhealthy/sick/die.

We shall buy many chickens and many alcohols.

How much money reserve shall we leave? Basically what's our shopping budget here and I'll divvy it up properly between alcohol and chickens.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 23, 2019, 12:21:23 pm »

make sure we have 20 green ones left, for ferries and whatnot

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 23, 2019, 12:45:59 pm »

We are now the proud owners of 5 chickens, which is all that were available for purchase.

I also found that brandy was hard to come by, and therefore quite expensive. We have 7 bottles of the fancy stuff.

We also have 68 goddam gallons of whiskey. That stuff was SUPER cheap. Figured we could get drunk in a financially responsible manner.

$20.82 remaining.

The rest of the crew seem to be constantly badgering me to rest for two days every time I talk to them, so we'll do that and move on in a few hours here, unless anyone else has any action or purchases to make.

EDIT: Oh i forgot to answer earlier, we have lots of firearms/bullets/gunpowder left. I think we overbought ammo and gunpowder, we have easily 80% of it left from what we started with.

ANOTHER EDIT: I just noticed that we have exactly zero extra clothing items. This includes things like a coat, or a blanket.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 01:01:38 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 23, 2019, 02:00:45 pm »

We don't need blankets, it's July on the prairie!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 23, 2019, 02:03:43 pm »

We should get some for future, in case they are hard to come by later on

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 23, 2019, 02:26:53 pm »

Is it possible to trade back the brandy for clothing? You didn’t tell us how expensive the brandy was. If I knew it was so scarce, I would have went against purchasing it.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 23, 2019, 03:03:01 pm »

I mean we can totes trade various items for clothing. I'll nab some blankets/coats and such.

I think we spent the most on whiskey. Brandy was just relatively expensive.

Side note: The morale problem has been completely solved. Turns out the application of ridiculous volumes of whiskey will fix that right up.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 03:18:16 pm by Dunamisdeos »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 23, 2019, 03:28:48 pm »

Hopefully it will also fix McDorf’s penchant for imbibing cholera.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oregon Trail II: A vote-based play [Cholera Schmolera]
« Reply #143 on: July 23, 2019, 05:11:59 pm »

Hopefully it will also fix McDorf’s penchant for imbibing cholera.

I don't think even he's concerned about it anymore. He's built up a resistance, most likely.

Spoiler: Status Report (click to show/hide)

Onwards to Oregon!

Quick footnote: We've reached an area with much wild fruits and vegetables, and are gathering as we go. Each opportunity provides about 12lb of fresh produce. Very helpful.

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE: I was able to trade for six blankets, one for each of us. It cost us one of our 9 barrels of gunpowder, and one of our 3 spare wagon tongues. Also, the Rockies have appeared in the far distance. It is August 17th, so I do believe we will make it to the other side before winter, barring any significant misadventures. We can probably trade the blankets back to someone after the Rockies for some manner of helpful goods.

We also seem to be producing a surplus of eggs. That was a good buy.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 06:27:42 pm by Dunamisdeos »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 23, 2019, 07:49:39 pm »

DOUBLE UPDATE

We came to a place called the Devil's Gate. I believe our party is feeling the effects of fatigue, as our morale began to slip. I asked our fellow wagoneers and they asked for a rest. Two days brought morale right back up. We're getting ready to enter the Rockies, going is becoming slower.

We're going through the dried goods rather steadily, but they should last until at least we have massed the mountains. I've stocked up on fresh meat from hunting as well, since I'm not sure how plentiful it'll be.

Spoiler: Devil's Gate (click to show/hide)

We've also come to what seems to be a major fork in the road. Three Crossings presents a choice of two roads that meet up later. On one hand, we have the titular three crossings route, which will take us across 3 average-sounding rivers before we're through. On the other we've got the Deep Sand route, which has only one small river. It obviously has deep sand, which could make going somewhat slower, and has the potential for quicksand after storms.

Whither shalt we wander?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 23, 2019, 07:53:52 pm »

One would hope the way we’ve been travelling for almost four god-damn months is West, Timmy.

I told you we should’ve been a teacher, fix all the stupid.

Deep Sand. Fuck risking cholera with all that water.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 23, 2019, 07:54:52 pm »

One would hope the way we’ve been travelling for almost four god-damn months is West, Timmy.

I told you we should’ve been a teacher, fix all the stupid.

Deep Sand. Fuck risking cholera with all that water.
+1

I want to try something different
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 23, 2019, 07:59:31 pm »

Three Crossings is safest because the river their is rather shallow, if you are a scumbag see this

Also I don’t like sand, it’s coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. So my votes Three Crossings
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 08:03:00 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 23, 2019, 08:02:35 pm »

3 Crossings. We're so close to the Rockies that none of rivers are trouble for experienced travelers like us.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 23, 2019, 08:02:58 pm »

We also seem to be producing a surplus of eggs. That was a good buy.

I accidentally gave good advice?

I'm sorry everyone, I'll try to do better going forward.

Three Crossings.

We already have a prairie schooner, so I have no fear of water. Also, I want to see if Hector gets cholera again.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21