Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: [IC] Abducting the Plagued Scream  (Read 9950 times)

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Abducting the Plagued Scream
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2019, 03:48:34 pm »

Mike
"Oh I'll shoot that little shit dead alright," Mike muttered in response to Gienna. He turned to Mimi, a glint in his eyes as he said "I'm going with you. I'm going to do to that little freak what I should've let Gienna do to him earlier..."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2019, 09:43:46 pm »

Mike and Co

Mimi shook her head. "No." she said firmly, "Whatever you think you're going to do, it won't work. I37 is no joke, the slightest misstep and you will end up dying, possibly taking all of us with you."

She didn't want to put down Mike's hopes of revenge entirely, but she needed him to be calm. She wasn't a leader, if anyone got out of hand, she wouldn't have the authority or charisma to stop them. She had to end any potential emotional outbursts before they happened.

"I37 can't handle range, at least that the theory." she pointed her thumb towards her gun, "I can take him out, we just need a way to get eyes on him before he gets eyes on us."

It was a crap plan, barely a plan at all, but it was all Mimi could think of. If only Markus was still here. She may not have liked him, but she couldn't deny his prowess as a leader.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2019, 10:13:09 pm »

Mike
The look on his face suggested he had something more to say, but the mention of taking out even more of the squad seemed to disarm any response he might've had. A few seconds of silence stretched on as he mulled over the situation, before finally with a glacial undertone to his voice, he spoke up again.

"Fine... the safest way to do that is to have Dodger and Gienna keep monitoring the cameras until they find him... but that could take a good while, if they manage it at all. And even if they did, the little shit could easily fall off the radar again before we get you into position. So... that leaves the second, much more practical option. We use bait, draw him out that way while you wait from a suitable perch..." he paused for a moment, before coming to the only logical, and acceptable, conclusion in his mind "We encountered that little shit at the entrance. Acted like he was some lost kid. Gienna probably would've beaten the shit out of him if I hadn't stopped him. If that monster is as sadistic as your report makes him out to be, maybe he'll find the idea of killing the fool who helped him amusing. If not, maybe it'll give him a little pause. Either way, he'll be distracted. And that moment will be your one chance."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2019, 08:45:10 am »

Arkady

Arkady contained his concern over Mike being so willing to play as bait. He considered the situation for a moment... I37 was likely already fairly deep into the warehouse maze. The odds of him happening upon Mike was pretty low. However... Getting his attention wouldn't be a difficult thing.

"You'll need to get his attention," Arkady said. "Call him out. Using a few rounds wouldn't hurt if it wasn't enough. That's the only way he'll be able to find the bait." Soft words, inviting Mike to vent his frustration, with an ideal stage to do it in.

"And I'll be following Mimi as a fail-safe in case he comes after her. Sounds good?"

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2019, 10:04:55 pm »

Erika

The young man nodded, not in response to any of Erika's questions, just as a way to boost his own confidence. "I don't know why they put me in there, maybe they want to cut me open and experiment on me." he said, barely restraining hysterics at the thought, "There were two of us, but the other one is way scarier. I think they were after that one, and I just happened to be nearby so they got me too. I'm not very strong so they just tased me and I woke up in a box. It's been a long time, but I don't know exactly how long. They've fed me thirty two times."

He got noticeably less panicked as he went on, as he was relieved to be getting everything off his chest." I'm Robin, by the way, my friends call me Klepto. Speaking of, this is yours." he held out Erika's phone and made a sheepish face, "Please don't be mad, I really didn't mean to, I was scared and I couldn't stop myself."
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2019, 12:42:46 pm »

Erika

"Wha-" Erika replied, looking at her pocket where she had left her phone... Only to not have it there. She had let her guard down enough to have almost been robbed... Fantastic. Well, the boy was giving it back to her, so it wasn't as if she could complain, "I'm not mad, just worried" she eventually said, taking the phone back and putting it in her pocket, "Alright... Let's get you two out of here" she finished, standing up straight as she pulled out her radio.

"Crate has been successfully opened, found a kid inside. Currently moving to extract both delivery and new VIP out of the warehouse. Requesting guidance from my position to the truck, over?" Erika called in, waiting for a response before beginning to move Robin and Harold out of the warehouse.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2019, 11:22:12 pm »

Mike and Co

"That sounds like as good a plan as any." Mimi agreed with Mike and Arkady's idea, "But first I think we should rendezvous with Erika, we need to-"

Mimi was cut off by Erika's radio call first, but something else cut off her reply. The lights went out, casting the entire building into darkness. This was followed a moment later by the click of the door locking. That meant their foe was immediately outside, and not only outside.

"Arkady, Markus's keys!" Mimi exclaimed. Despite how it came off, she was really scolding herself, "Dammit, why didn't I check for that? He already took my radio, so I knew he was trying to improve his knowledge and access, the keys were the obvious next step. Dammit. Dammit. Dammit."

Mimk seemed to have totally lost herself to a mix of rage and fear, furthermore cementing how woefully unprepared she was to guide a group. In fact, the outburst was indicative of a much deeper psychological issue: Mimi hated involving others in her missions not because of some fear of them dying being her responsibility, but rather a fear that her weaknesses might be made known to more than just herself. Such a vlarsnt failure was well beyond what she was comfortable with other seeing of her. She had to be infallible, that was the only way anyone ever took her seriously.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2019, 12:00:29 am »

Mike
"That little shit... has the keys too?" Mike sighed, shaking his head as he flicked on his gun light again. First Mimi's radio, now Mark's keys. Glorious. A true SNAFU, they'd been compromised since pretty much the beginning. "Fuck a duck... well, that definitely complicates things, if he's free to come and go while we're trapped in here."

He walked over to the surveillance room door and quickly rapped twice upon it's surface, calling out to the two inside "Gienna, Dodger! We got complications, that monster has Mark's keys alongside one of the radios. Do you two still have a visual on Erika? If so, you need to start guiding her back, fast. The sooner we're all together, the sooner we can get the channels on these radio's changed and think of a new plan."

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 08, 2019, 12:14:34 am »

Arkady

"Wh-What keys?" Arkady echoed Mimi's panic, but perhaps even more because of the darkness. That needed to go away first. He hastily took out a lighter from his pockets - just the right thing for the situation. A second source of light aside from the still-lit monitors made him feel much more comfortable.

Panicking wouldn't help anyone now... He had to make himself useful. That lock was the biggest problem here.

He pointed the lighter toward the keyhole and flicked it on, making sure it was getting the hottest part of the flame. "Mimi, that sniper rifle you got, can it punch through this lock once it's softened?"

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 08, 2019, 09:46:29 am »

Erika

And then everything was darkness, before Erika had even gotten a response.

"Both of you, stay near me" Erika ordered in a whisper, surprisingly calm as she pulled out her phone only a few seconds after she put it away, turning on the flashlight on it to both see her general area and to mark herself for the cameras, "Alright, I'm going to try and backtrack the path we took to get here. Keep close, no matter what happens. Robin, Harold, one of you take my phone, I'll keep trying to get in contact with the others" she added. Once one of the two took her phone, Erika would then pull out her radio again, clicking it on

"Control, do you read me?"
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 10, 2019, 12:32:37 pm »

Giennadii

A cunning plan slowly formed inside Giena's head. He whispered to Dodger "don't say a word, bro", hid in the corner of the room and extinguished his flashlight. Giena sat down, aimed his readied shotgun at the door and stayed still in the cover of shadows.
"Giena here. No sight of the little ass. I'm out of the control room - I'll lure him out."

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 10, 2019, 03:34:24 pm »

Erika

When everything went dark, Klepto yelped in surprise and latched onto Erika for safety again. He let go quickly and backed off, letting her hand her phone to Harold.

Backtracking proved immediately difficult. The darkness made everything look so different from when the lights were on that even attempting to backtrack down the same short path as before proved a mistake and the three became totally lost.

Giena (and then literally everyone)

"You're not going to be drawing anyone out." a familiar voice answered Giena over the radio, "Oh by the way, hello. I'm Stephen Stevens, Incubator of Strep Throat, I'm sure little miss teardrops already told you all about me. There's someone inside of this warehouse I need to kill, and I'm going to go through all of you to get to them."
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 12, 2019, 07:05:36 pm »

Mike
"God fucking...." Mike took a deep breath, and exhaled as he willed his index finger away from the trigger. What Gienna had just pulled could've well botched his entire idea before they'd even had a chance to try it. But one more dead body wouldn't rewind time, and certainly not one slain by his own hand. Plus he'd have probably hit Dodger with the spray too, or at least some splinters from the door, and the poor man had done nothing wrong.

"Gienna." He said into the radio, voice cold as a glacier "He can hear you. Like I was just trying to tell you through the door, the radios are compromised. Just...stop whatever you're about to try, and go back to helping with the surveillance. That's the best way you can help right now. Over."

Except he wasn't. Not even a second later, the radio crackled to life again "As for you Stephen, if we're all just fodder in your way, then who's your actual target here?"

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 12, 2019, 08:56:35 pm »

Mike

"Dont get me wrong, you guys are targets too." Stephen answered, "I can't let word of what I'm doing here get out, the fact that teardrops is here means I'm already running out of time. I suppose it can't hurt to share though. There's another Incubator inside, thats my target. Your bosses have been shuffling them around for a while, but I made sure I had the right place this time. I suppose if you want you could try to protect them, but that's just gonna get you killed faster."

Arkady

Arkady's attempts didn't do much to the lock, at least not very quickly. Mimi's response didn't help matters, "Uh, no, I don't think it can." She seemed oddly nervous about the question, though there was no way to guess why.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 09:07:55 pm by Takosher »
Defile Circles Discord

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 12, 2019, 09:16:00 pm »

Arkady

Arkady cast a sharp glare at Mimi, his eyes reflecting the light from the lighter's flame. Clearly, he wasn't taking "no" for an answer. "Why not?" He raised his voice, as if he was trying to reach hope with it.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12