Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: [IC] Abducting the Plagued Scream  (Read 9945 times)

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Abducting the Plagued Scream
« Reply #120 on: August 30, 2019, 07:33:10 pm »

Giennadii

Dodger's idea wasn't much, but it was all we got. The deception could possibly be enough to save Erika and just maybe get this whole situation under control. Giena nodded at Dodger, turned around and ran straight outside the control room, towards Mike, Remi and the rest. As soon as he got near Mike, he spoke in a hushed tone.

"I need one of your radios, right now."

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 31, 2019, 10:08:09 am »

Mike

Immediately, mike glanced over to Mimi and Arkady "You two, one of you took Markus' radio from his body, right? Go ahead and give it to Gienna, I've got another." He then returned his gaze to the slav "I presume dodger came up with a plan to help Erika get past that little shit?"
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 31, 2019, 08:02:21 pm »

Giennadii

"I'm going to guide Erika through the radio that the intruder can't eavesdrop. Nevertheless, we should keep up the illusion for as long as possible. Oh, and yeah, it was Dodger's idea."
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 09:34:08 pm by Cheesy Honkers »

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 31, 2019, 11:15:35 pm »

Arkady, Mike, Giena

Mimi handed Giena the radio Arkady had recovered as Mike had requested. "I suppose that having Erika play bait is more efficient than bringing her here and then sending Mike out." She said, "Giena, when we get close to Erika, point me to a tall stack of containers so I can get a clear shot. Mike and Arkady can go with and try to help Erika directly."

And that brought Mimi to one major problem. "Arkady." she said in an unusually soft tone of voice, turning towards the door where Arkady had broken down, "Are you able to come with us? We could really use your help."

Erika

Dodger's directions kept Erika and co on the right track. Although her coded message didn't seem to have worked, Dodger's tone of voice had shifted and she was pretty sure he was up to something. That was positive, but Dodger wasn't her only potential issue, there was a much more pressing problem walking beside her. The darkness and danger were clearly getting to Klepto, and he looked ready to bolt at any moment if she didn't do something. Harold, for his part, seemed to be handling things well, a little too well. He was so calm and quiet that it was unsettling, which was of note enough on its own, but worse, Klepto had clearly picked up on it too, and it wasn't helping Erika's nervous companion keep his wits.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2019, 06:13:35 am »

Arkady

Arkady lifted his head to look at Remi with a pair of eyes that managed to dry up without actually tearing up.  He felt powerless, yet he didn't want to say no. Selfish as it was, he wanted to rely on somebody else again. He nodded and stood up, ready to go anytime.

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2019, 09:43:16 pm »

Giennadii

Giennadii snatched the radio from Remi's hands and immediately ran to the control room. Without wasting a second he turned the radio on and said over it "You ready, guys?"

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 02, 2019, 11:42:25 am »

Erika

Alright, it seemed her code had gone through. Maybe not the way she had intended it to, but it was enough to give a hint. That's what she could tell, anyway, though that matter was out of her hands now. What was on her hands was the matter of Harold and Robin... Mostly Harold's silence, and Robin's clear intent to bolt soon. Both of which were worrying.

"Robin, stay close. This place is hard enough to get around with someone guiding us through, especially when the lights are off. Once we get to the other's you'll be safe and sound, okay?" Erika comforted, looking back at the two as they continued on, giving Robin a soft look before turning to Harold, her expression quickly turning one that was more serious, "Experienced something like this before Harold?"
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 06, 2019, 08:11:41 pm »

Erika

Klepto didn't seem very reassured, but there wasn't much Erika could do to change that. She would just have to hope that Dodger's plan worked out before it became an issue.

"Actually, yes." Harold answered, "It's a long story that I don't want to recount, but I got lost in a corn maze with a serial killer once. The whole mess screwed me up pretty bad for a while."

Unfortunately, this response did little to help with Klepto. "Are we going to be serial killed?" the young man croaked, his throat dry from fear.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 06, 2019, 10:22:23 pm »

Mike
"As ready as we can." The veteran responded to Gienna once he'd changed to the right channel. "Let us know where we're going and we'll move out. Over."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 07, 2019, 04:52:58 am »

Giennadii

"Head out." Giennadii guided the team through the crate maze, constantly fearing that he would see a familiar silhouette in the shadows. He was responsible for the lives of the entire crew, and the stress was slowly starting to get to him.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 07, 2019, 11:43:41 am »

Everyone

Thanks to Giena's directions, Mimi, Mike, and Arkady quickly made their way towards Erika. As per Mimi's request, Giena directed her to a tower she could shoot from and she broke off from Mike and Arkady shortly before arriving at Erika's location. They seemed to have arrived before Stephen, but neither Giena nor Dodger had eyes on the boy, so they couldn't be sure that he wasn't hiding in the shadows.

"What's that?" Klepto asked, loudly, as he spotted Mike and Arkady approaching from the shadows.

The darkness played at their minds, but surely they could feel safe with such a large group.
Defile Circles Discord

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 07, 2019, 12:37:09 pm »

Erika

While she could appreciate Harold's honesty, they way he bluntly explained in front of Robin caused the woman to give him a noticeable glare, before turning back to Robin, "Of course not, no one's going to put a hand on you while I'm here Robin" she stated, only to freeze shortly afterwards. Footsteps, right ahead of them, and coming straight for them. Without a word, Erika dropped to one knee, propping her magnum up and in the general direction of the footsteps, ready to fire at whatever came out of the darkness if it didn't look familiar.

Thankfully, from the darkness came both Arkady and Mike, stepping into the light that Harold still held.

Instantly, Erika got back up to her feet, far more relaxed now thanks to the fact that she had two people she could rely on, "Friends of mine" she replied to Robin, before giving both her colleagues a small wave.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 07, 2019, 08:27:37 pm »

Arkady

Arkady waved back, glad that Erika was still safe. Stephen was still at large, but he seemed to have a disadvantage against larger groups. But it's not like he could know that they've met up already.

"... Should we, get his attention now?" Arkady prodded Mike quietly. "Otherwise, he won't show up." His eyes drifted towards the darkness behind Harold's light.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 11, 2019, 05:05:32 pm »

Mike
The old veteran nodded in acknowledgement of Erika's wave, but said nothing once they finally reached the group. It was good to see her safe, and he presumed the two behind her were the delivery driver and the cargo prisoner who'd been mentioned so long ago... before this night went to hell. He didn't have long to appreciate the reunion however, as Arkady reminded him of more pressing matters.
        "In all honesty, I was hoping to run into and put a cap in him on the way here... looks like fate wouldn't have it that way," Mike whispered back. He began to slowly sweep his gun light around the corridor of crates and shelving, pulling out the radio as he searched for any sign of movement "If the file she showed us isn't totally off, then he probably won't be drawn out that easily with such a large group. But I'm betting it's probably wrong, so... get your gun out, make sure the safety's off, and be on guard."

with that said, he pulled out the radio again, still scanning the darkness around them, ready to empty a clip at a moments notice "Gienna, is there still no sign of that little shit on the monitors? Over."
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 01:39:19 pm by Stratos »

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 12, 2019, 06:50:34 am »

Giennadii

Giena stared intently at the monitor, barely moving as he watched the group traverse the maze-like passages of the warehouse. Danger could be in each shadow, tucked away between the crates, waiting to leap at the unaware. All this time, Giena felt as if he was being watched, like someone was burning a hole in his back directly into his heart. It was no small comfort when Erika's clique and the unit met. "No sight of him yet. Don't waste time, get here as soon as possible. He's still there somewhere."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12