Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: [IC] Abducting the Plagued Scream  (Read 9944 times)

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Abducting the Plagued Scream
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2019, 09:22:41 pm »

Mike
"Oh? So those are the assholes I need to kill once I'm done filling you with lead. Good to know kiddo, good to know. But that aside, as one broken creature thirsting for blood tonight to another, how'd you end up like this? As an... incubator, I think Agent Welter called you?"
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2019, 09:30:13 pm »

Erika

Great. So they were lost, and there was this kid who's planning to kill someone else in this place, including them. Someone named "Stephen Stevens", an "Incubator". Not only had they killed Markus already, but the radio system was compromised as well, which meant anything she reported in would be something he would know. Regardless, she'd have to focus on getting out of this damn maze, which was difficult enough without having the place in darkness. Afterwards, she'd have the time to figure out the connections to all of-

"Your bosses have been shuffling them around for a while, but I made sure I had the right place this time."
"There were two of us, but the other one is way scarier. I think they were after that one, and I just happened to be nearby so they got me too."

... Nevermind, she seemed to have a bit of time. This was a situation that went above her head. Information that she had no right to have access to. Whoever this "teardrops" was, they seemed to be important enough to cause at least some worry in this Incubator. But she wasn't dense enough to not get an idea of what was going on, "Robin. Do you remember the other person that was with you before you were taken? The 'scarier' one?" she asked, making a shot in the dark trying to keep an eye at the space around them, even if she couldn't see much outside the light.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2019, 10:10:12 pm »

Arkady

"This is a .30 caliber anti-personnel rifle, that door is two inches thick, and that lock is made to take a beating." Mimi answered, responding with her own glare, "I doubt we could cut through a stainless steel deadbolt like that with a plasma torch, let alone a cheap lighter and a rifle. Frankly that sounds like an excellent way to get half a bullet in someone's leg, probably yours."

Erika

Klepto shook his head. "I didn't see them, I just heard the people who caught me talking about them. Whoever it was, they killed a lot of people before they went down. One of the people who brought me food told me that they only caught the scary one because I distracted them. I don't remember doing that though."

Mike

"How did you become a worthless security guard? Sometimes things just happen, it doesn't matter how. Just like it doesn't matter how I kill you, because you're dead regardless. See you soon."

Giena

After returning to the cameras, Giena would notice someone inside the west entrance. They were fiddling with the door, and then turned to wave at the camera, clearly revealing themselves as Stephen. A moment later, he vanished into the maze, his dark clothing making it extremely difficult to follow him through the now dimly lit maze of the warehouse.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2019, 10:21:53 pm »

Mike
"Well shit," mike muttered as the boy evaded the question and ended their radio chat. "Oh well. guess I was lucky enough to even get that much out of him. But uh..." he turned back to Remi Mimi and Arkady, having largely ignored them during the radio call only to come back to conversations of trying to penetrate solid steel doors with cheap gas station lighters and medium caliber weaponry.

"Speaking of which, since we're kinda stuck here for the time being anyway, there's something I been meaning to ask all these months. Where did you learn to snipe? You never really seemed like the type to enlist, so I've always doubted it was from military service...but that only leaves a few alternatives. Was it something they taught you in the agency?"
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 10:26:12 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2019, 10:25:34 pm »

Arkady

"Ha... ha... ha... I'm done." Arkady slowly retreated into a curled-up position, with his back against the door. He moved the lighter away from the lock and to the front of his face. His other arm wrapped his legs tightly, as he muttered to the flame.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2019, 10:38:50 pm »

Mike and Arkady

Mimi wanted to say something to Arkady, but didn't have any idea what. They seemed pretty screwed right now, what could she do to cheer up someone who had just been sentenced to an almost certain death?

Mike's interruption was almost welcome, giving her an out from Arkady, but the question he asked kept her in a sour mood. "My dad taught me." Mimi answered bluntly, but then seemed to reconsider, "I guess I want you to trust me, so I'll explain a bit. My father was a soldier in the Vietnam War. When he got back, he developed some pretty bad paranoia, started teaching me to shoot the day I was old enough to hold a gun. 'So I could protect myself from the CIA.' Or something. He was a pretty good teacher and I have a lot of practice, so I'm a pretty good shot. After he passed, I started using my-" She stopped abruptly, "...I'd appreciate if you didn't make me continue that sentence."
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 10:45:01 pm by Takosher »
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2019, 11:01:31 pm »

Mike
"Huh... well, that does explain a lot then," Mike replied "and don't bother continuing it, I can already guess how it ended." A potential assassin seemed the most likely route in Mike's mind. Hell, he could practically see it now, she got arrested during a failed job or someone betraying her, and good old uncle sam came knocking on the cell door with a special deal. The same type of shit you see hollywood screenwriters pulling all the time when the plot demands they assemble a team of highly skilled, but very unscrupulous individuals for a job no one else can do.
     But... If she wasn't willing to clarify the details of her (probably) criminal history, he honestly didn't care enough to probe further. All he'd really wanted to know was where the skills had come from, not who she'd used them on. Technically everyone here tonight was a criminal in the eyes of the law, simply by the nature of their employer.

But there was something else that begged to be asked in it's place....

"Though.... since Stephen decided to play coy with me, there's something else I want to ask. Your agency, do you all know how these Incubator things actually come into existence? Or do you just track and try to contain them?"

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2019, 11:28:04 pm »

Mike

"There's theories, but nothing concrete." Mimi answered, "Frankly, it seems almost completely random, but happens a lot to a disease's patient zero, which makes it seem like it's not so random. I really can't give you a solid answer, sorry."
Defile Circles Discord

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 18, 2019, 02:50:16 pm »

Erika

"Right... Right" Erika muttered in response, accepting the answer at face value. She didn't have the time to dig deeper, considering everything else was out of her control now, and she wasn't getting any help from Control so far, which was practically her only way out of the maze. She knew that they were compromised, but at this point, having a bit of info to help her get out was better than nothing at all. Regardless, she needed to get out of the maze before both her and her charges were killed off, and that meant getting Control to work.

Might as well try one last time.

"Control, this is Erika. I'm requesting directions from my position out of the storage area, over." she informed. No point in lying right now, especially since Stephen had likely been listening in on her reports for a while.
OOC
IC

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 19, 2019, 07:40:46 am »

Giennadii

"Dodger, give Erika directions. I'll make sure Steve-boy doesn't sneak up on us."

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 19, 2019, 10:05:48 pm »

Giena and Erika

"Right, I got it." Dodger nodded.He grabbed the desk radio and brought it to his mouth, letting Erika know, "I read you Erika, sorry for the delay, I'll have you back here in a jiffy."

He started giving Erika directions. The darkness sometimes gave them some trouble, so it was slower going, but he had her and her two companions well on their way to the front in no time. There was just one issue. The most direct path to take lead them towards the west entrance before bringing them north. Towards where Stephen had been seen last. There was a much more roundabout path they could take, but there was no guarantee that Stephen wouldn't get out in front of them if they took the scenic route. It was on Giena to say something, Dodger wasn't even aware that Stephen was coming from the west entrance yet.
Defile Circles Discord

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 19, 2019, 10:12:47 pm »

Giennadii

"Right, Erika, now you got two choices. Either you take the short route near the north entrance or take a longer, more winding path. The problem with the short route is that I saw Steve there last. The lanky shit has likely already moved, but it's your call."

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 20, 2019, 11:45:05 am »

Erika

"Just... Keep me moving" Erika responded after a bit of a sigh, tapping her pistol against the radio several times in a rhythmic pattern for several seconds before she continued, "Long route would be preferable" she added before falling silent. It would be rather obvious that, while she was talking, she was taking a shot in the dark and trying to communicate with Morse code. A risk, since both Stephen could know Morse just like Robin, and Control might not know either. Regardless, she had to take a shot, if only to try and shake them off.

The message?

"Short route."
OOC
IC

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 20, 2019, 12:11:00 pm »

Giennadii

"Right. Dodger will keep an eye out for Stephen then in the nooks and crannies near the west entrance."

It sounded like Erika's radio had started falling apart. The gear we're issued with is utterly inappropriate for any real confrontation and breaks non-stop. Damn the cheap bastards at the top!

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2019, 10:48:06 pm »

Giena and Erika

Dodger didn't know Morse code, but he was knowledgeable enough about radios to know that whatever was happening with Erika's wasn't normal, she must have been sending a message. And the fact that she was sending a message at all meant that what she had said aloud was bogus. The problem was that he had no way to message back, so regardless of what he did Stephen would still know her movements. They needed something else. And that's when it hit him.

"Giena, I have an idea." he said excitedly, "Go tell everyone outside that I have Erika on the way, but that Stephen is after her. If they hurry, they can intercept him. I'll give Erika instructions on channel 1 like I've been doing, but you can take one of their radios--since they'll be moving as a group anyways--and give them directions to Erika over a different channel."

While Giena handled that, Dodger returned to directing Erika. He ignored her request for the short path, and sent her the long way around. His goal was to maximize the amount of time the group had to get to her, as well as how long it would take Stephen to catch up.
Defile Circles Discord
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12