Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Re: AIAR-The Fraternal Order of the Silver Moon-Cold Season 1921-Event Phase  (Read 11913 times)

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
Re: AIAR - The Fraternal Order of the Silver Moon - 1921 - Turn 1- DR Phase
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2019, 03:34:12 pm »

Uniform consists of civilian clothes with an armband.

Then I suppose we could lump a uniform design in with our helmet design, just to kill two birds with one stone.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2019, 11:23:02 pm »

This is just a quick fix to the Units and Similar Important Gubbins list. Some quote blocks weren't quite forming fully. Can we rename armies?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2019, 06:56:34 am »

When we design the uniforms we should include gas masks.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2019, 07:18:50 am »

I’m wondering just how many small things we can include in one design.

Aseaheru, would we be able to design a helmet, gas mask, and uniform in one design? Or would we need to do them separately.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2019, 04:13:13 pm »

Basic uniform(so, clothing, perhaps a knapsack)would be one, helmet another. I would also rule that a gasmask is too involved to be included with other things, as would be a loadbearing system or camouflage(mostly due to manufacturing it).

Armies may be renamed.

Also, remember that we now have a discord, link in main thread.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 03:59:26 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2019, 04:30:06 pm »

Basic uniform(so, clothing, perhaps a knapsack) and helmet, yes. I would rule that a gasmask is too involved to be included with other things, as would be a loadbearing system or camouflage(mostly due to manufacturing it).

Understandable, and noted. I think we're pretty much done for this phase, unless anyone else has anything they'd like to suggest finalization of?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2019, 01:57:19 am »

I can't think of anything else to add.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2019, 02:24:27 am »

I can't think of anything else to add.

Then yeah we're good to go.

To hell with those pitiful Providence paupers and their protracted propensities towards problematic and preposterous arms productions!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2019, 06:00:47 pm »

So, the MMG-1921 "Eclipse" and copying 30-06, the M1917, and the 15cm SK L/35? And everyone agrees on this plan.

(Also, Discord shilling)
Highly Opinionated Fool

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2019, 07:28:46 pm »

So, the MMG-1921 "Eclipse" and copying 30-06, the M1917, and the 15cm SK L/35? And everyone agrees on this plan.

Yup!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2019, 01:58:57 am »

Yup!
Yes!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Warm Season, 1921, DR Phase

Efforts into reverse engineering equipment have begun generating, if not results, then reports. In addition, work on our first home-grown firearm has started, and reports on its initial progress have also arrived.

First up, the M1917 rifle. Our work on this has resulted in a fairly close copy of roughly the right finish. Sadly, this has resulted in a fairly labor-intensive item, and even with the extra effort exerted some bugs have cropped up in the design, namley in the

Spoiler: M1917 Rifle (click to show/hide)

The strange American ammunition used by said rifle(and which is also used in the CSRG 1917 and our new machinegun design) has been being worked on. Locally produced .30-06 is of middling quality, akin to most of the war-surplus stocks we are rapidly running through. That is, when production works. Much of what is produced has one flaw or another, be it improper dimensioning, issues with propellant, issues with primers, torn cases, or any of the other problems that have cropped up in production. But the round is actually in production, with the first stocks issued to troops.

The 15 cm Schnelladekanone Länge 35 is a dual-purpose cannon intended for use in fortifications(or heavy, heavy mounts, mostly in fortifications) or at sea. While our production plans for the weapon are... crude to say the least, they have served to reduce cost and iron out the issues we have seen with them. The plans should be finalized by the start of the cold season.

Spoiler: 15cm SK L/35 (click to show/hide)

Last, but by no means least, what we have all been waiting for, the MMG-1921!
 Roughly one-third of the way through our development cycle, the Mittleres Maschinengewehr-1921 is shaping up to be a high-quality weapon. Atleast, should we ever the the piles of bugs to go away. The weapon, in its current form, is almost a modernized version of the Maschinengewehr (Schwarzlose) M.7, being a toggle-lock blowback operated weapon, feeding from similar belts, and intended to be mounted in bunkers. Most of the issues actually stem from this resemblance, with many crucial parts being sized incorrectly for the .30-06 round. The barrel, 600mm long and mounting an oversized flashhider, is far thicker and fluted to provide increased surface area then mounted under a partal perforated sheet metal cover. This is attached to a metal rib running forward to which the forward sight is mounted. The barrel is detachable, and is intended to be quick-change, although currently this results in no barrel after some firing.
 The tripod also shows the weapons genesis, being a direct copy of the Schwarzolse's tripod.
 MMG-1921 | Quality: 10 | Cost: 9 | Time: 1(3) | Bugs: 5

Welcome to the Research & Expedition phase
You have one token

Spoiler: Logistics & Designs (click to show/hide)

Highly Opinionated Fool

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That could've been worse, I suppose, but it'll do. At least it gives us a baseline.

Where or what should our expedition focus on? Maybe we should try to investigate for dockyards and try to examine some naval designs firsthand?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 08:02:45 pm by coleslaw35 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Earlier I set the fourth army to do an expedition with the only boat we have, sense the world ended we should be able to go to dockyards and capture any still usable ships we see, I mean why just learn from a seeing a boat if we can also take and use it.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Earlier I set the fourth army to do an expedition with the only boat we have, sense the world ended we should be able to go to dockyards and capture any still usable ships we see, I mean why just learn from a seeing a boat if we can also take and use it.

I figured we wouldn't have enough crew to pilot two ships, especially if the one we capture is something serious like a heavy cruiser or something of the likes. But yeah, I mean, if the expedition can spare enough crew between two ships then it would be very nice if they brought it back. We might have to set aside a turn to reverse-engineer all the components but we'd still get a lot of decent tech just from a simple revision.

My vote is on:

-Have the expedition try to capture an unattended vessel, preferably a military naval vessel if possible, for further study on ship mechanics and components.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9