Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 63

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 8: IC Thread!  (Read 57207 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 8: IC Thread!
« Reply #645 on: May 30, 2020, 01:46:20 pm »

"Fire and damnation this is going to be a long war." Joram swung his pack around and pulled an axe out of it. "Looking for this?"

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 31, 2020, 03:30:58 am »

"Huh, that was around too? I thought we just found a bunch of sharp sticks."

Those were with... Chaunce, probably? The battle had gone on long enough she'd lost track.

"If we can, we should at least rest the night. That's what we were originally planning to do, right?"

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 31, 2020, 04:30:26 am »

"Aha!" Volks took the axe.

"Well, some rest wouldn't hurt..."

"You want the big building. The others have leaky roofs and holes in the ceiling." Volks took the axe.

"Alright. I guess we're winding down for today." Cedric nodded to Johannes and dismounted his horse, leading it to a corner of the fortifications.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 31, 2020, 04:36:07 am »

Lucas stumbled back to where the discussing was happening in time to hear the word "rest".

: Rest? Yes, please, I need to rest... Fighting off dark influences is more exhausting than fighting off a group of bandits.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 31, 2020, 06:02:56 am »

Markus gave Lucas a bit of a side eyed glance after hearing the man speak, wondering if the man had just made a very dark joke about the form of magic he wielded, or if he was you know...being serious for a moment.
: "Right, then I hope that you won't mind if I ask where your old group kept their supplies Volks, we have a long journey ahead of us, and every little bit counts. Especially since you're joining us now."
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: May 31, 2020, 02:11:01 pm »

Grietje followed Cedric's example with her pegasus before making her way back to the others.

"Sylvianne, want to grab a spot with me inside?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #651 on: May 31, 2020, 02:41:31 pm »

Sylvianne unhooked the face plate from her helmet and slipped it into her bag. She took a deep breath before replying; while the air still wasn't what she'd call pleasantly fresh, lacking the tinge of metal and oil did make it taste a bit better.

"Sure. Hopefully it's not too musty in there. If there were people maintaining it, it can't be that bad, can it?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: May 31, 2020, 02:57:07 pm »

"I don't know about maintaining, exactly," Grietje said, taking a peek inside the big building. "Out here, cleaning might not be the highest on their list of priorities."

"But that's just another reason we've got to stake out a spot before all the good ones are taken!"

It did seem a little better maintained than the leaky buildings though, and before long she found a relatively clean patch of floor. Taking the throne was probably a bit too presumptuous, and not exactly bedroll-friendly.

"Seriously though, it feels like it's been forever since we've had a chance to really talk."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #653 on: May 31, 2020, 05:02:44 pm »

Sylvianne wasted no time in digging out her own bedroll, laying it out and making a token effort at smoothing the wrinkles out of it.
"I guess that's just what happens in times like this. Everyone gets dragged this way and that, with nothing left over for chatting. How have you been, anyway?" She inspected her tome as she talked, idly checking how the weather and use had affected the energies within.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 31, 2020, 05:39:14 pm »

"In times like this, huh?..."

Luitgard. Godfried. The camp. The flight. Grietje laid out her own bedroll, fussing over it more than necessary to hide the direction of her thoughts. She didn't want to dampen the mood just yet. Maybe not tonight at all.

"Well, what I've been feeling is that we have to keep our spirits up. We're still together and we've still got a goal. That's enough, right? Once we get to Tatalia, we can regroup and we'll figure out everything we need to." She seemed contemplative again. "... It's funny - I wouldn't trade what we're doing now for anything, but things seemed so much simpler... before."

"Oh, right, how about you?"

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 01, 2020, 12:06:38 am »

"Supplies?" Volk thought for a moment.

"There be some supplies in the tower." He pointed to the tiny building in the southeast part of the compound. "That's about it."
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 11:04:27 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 01, 2020, 02:39:22 pm »

Now with his pack one axe lighter, Joram went inside the larger building to set up a spot to sleep.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 01, 2020, 05:05:55 pm »

After it became apparent that Volk was going to join the band of rebels, Marion had put her time to good use reorganizing the inside of her pack after the chaos of the battle. She had intended to simply claim a spot in the larger building, but as she passed the main group she overheard Lucas mention something rather... disquieting.

A dark influence?

Ginning up her courage, Marion doubled back and approached Lucas.

"Lucas, when you said there was a dark influence... What did you mean?"
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #658 on: June 01, 2020, 08:16:01 pm »

"I'm not really sure, honestly. I'm really happy about some things, but there's a lot going on." Something about the conversation with the prince still bothered her in the back of her mind. Sylvianne glanced over her shoulder, checking to see whether the pair had the building to themselves for a moment.
". . . Hey, do you mind if I ask you a weird question? Nothing about you personally." Well, that wasn't strictly true, but she didn't need to know that at the moment.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 01, 2020, 09:22:12 pm »

Honestly, she couldn't even begin to guess what Sylvianne meant by that. Something embarrassing?

"No, not at all." Grietje lowered her voice in an almost conspiratorial manner. "What is it?"
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 63