Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 63

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 8: IC Thread!  (Read 57191 times)

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 8: IC Thread!
« Reply #825 on: February 04, 2021, 11:24:21 pm »

Marietta had been trying to hold in all of her complaints, even if it looked like she wanted to kick something the whole entire time she was walking. She tried to alleviate her frustration occasionally with the occasional thrust of her rapier. However, she nearly reached her boiling point seeing Lucas hand Du Falk over to Cedric.

"Hey, what the hell!?" Marietta protested almost immediately, before gritting her teeth and looking away, opting to mumble to herself as she lagged behind a bit. "No, you know what, totally fine, got a fancy steel sword, totally needs an upgrade, this piece of shit that can't even slice worth a damn isn't worth an upgrade, mrgrgr..."

She went back to futilely trying to practice mid-walk, opting to slash in the hopes that maybe a rapier would cut something if she tried hard enough.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: February 05, 2021, 01:35:02 am »

Marion had led her horse on foot since they had resumed their march, so as to give the animal more of a break than just the short rest. It was a kind, selfless gesture, worthy of a Sister. It had also left her tired, and more than a little dirt had found its way onto her clothes.

""Maybe the bog has slowed them down enough to give us a time to rest? I'm sure there must be some towns in the area..."
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: February 09, 2021, 03:06:03 pm »

"If it's going to be today, then we're almost there. We can do it!"

Grietje had been alternating between scouting and staying low, walking her pegasus with the others, so she was equally exhausted. But she wasn't going to let that show, especially given she'd been through it all in her training.

"Tatalia already though... I thought this would feel more like coming home."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: February 09, 2021, 03:32:41 pm »

Just moments after Cedric accepted the sword from Lucas, a thundering combination of hoof and steel boot coming from two directions confirmed many rebels' worst fears...

Their freedom was not to last much longer.

"The enemy's here!?"

"How's this possible??"

On the north-eastern road, a certain green-haired mage, sitting comfortably on his horse, chuckled to himself.

"Ah, this time I won't let you get away, you little rebel dog... Cedric! I think that's how they called you..."

"Sir Maertens, a heavily armed mixed unit coming from the west."

"Must be Emeric! Splendid! Splendid!! My strategic plans, as always, will bear glorious fruit! We will be rich, and famous! Hahaha! You! Call my brother's magicians and tell him to rush his cavaliers from the southern approach immediately! The rebels stand no chance if all three of us surround them!" One of the robed men beside the horse-riding mage bowed and began chanting a spell.

And on the north-western road, a serious-looking knight viewed the soon-to-be field of battle with appraising eye, before an armored crossbowman approached him.

"Lord Rotenstein. A group described by Sir Maertens have been spotted, and our mages are detecting his magical aura from the other direction."

"Oh? Ludger's 'magnificent strategy' actually worked? Never thought I would bear witness to success of that id-"

"What are your orders, sir?"

"Hmm... for now we can just hold. Even if the rebels press against us, we have the strength of our armor and the advantage of terrain. I can't see how they can survive today. Be wary of any attempts at deceit, though."

"Of course, sir."

Meanwhile, somewhere else, there was a lot of yelling...

"I AIN'T BETRAYED ANYBODY!!" Cedric pointed his new sword at Volk's throat, who reached for his steel axe.

"You must've been their spy all this time! How else would they find us!?" Johann intervened.

"Cedric, I know you're mad, but this is really not the place or situation to call anyone's loyalty in question!"

"I just- I..." Volk looked away, and then up a hill in front of them.

"I know where we are! I know where we are! We can get through this!"

"What do you mean?" Volk pointed his finger at the tree.

"See this oak? Me and the other poachers call it 'outpost oak'. Behind this mountain there's the local Tatalian border outpost, so naturally we would head off the path here. But if we take either road north, we will wind up right next to the outpost gates."

"Are you absolutely certain of that?"

"And why would we trust you? Maybe you're leading us into even a deeper trap!?"

"Cedric!"

"I ain't leading anyone into a trap and I know me paths well! This is it, I'm telling you!"

"We're between an anvil and a hamer right now, Cedric, so I'm willing to trust Volk even if that gives us the slimmest chance of getting away."

"Fine! We rush the enemy and try to break through to Tatalian outpost! But which group do we attack? We're so low in numbers, and they're better equipped and more numerous and..."

~~Player Turn 1~~

EXP: 14/100

Objectives:
Achieve a Breakthrough before end of Turn 8.
*'Breakthrough' here means defeating 50% of Mooks in either group AND killing that group's commander. Once the requirement is fulfilled, the chapter ends immediately.
**There's no 'escape/get to safety' victory condition available for this chapter.

Extra Info:
Lvl.14 Mooks are considered 'Elite' and provide 5xp on Hit and 10 on Kill.

Enemy stats are here!

Spoiler: Map Info (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: February 09, 2021, 03:39:33 pm »

"Make a decision and make it fast! If we can't take down one group its too damn bad, but if we wait we deal with both! Choose!"

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: February 09, 2021, 04:00:12 pm »

Lucas tried to observe both groups. The one on their left consisted of slow and bulky fighters that would easily fall to magic, but on the right...

: Cedric! On your right! Remember him? Lucas pointed at the mages' leader.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: February 09, 2021, 04:05:16 pm »

Cedric squinted and glared in general direction of the mounted mage.

"I... no? Should I? Do you remember him from somwhere?"
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: February 09, 2021, 04:21:06 pm »

: That's the commander we had to flee from on our final raid! Before the massacre!

: I don't know for sure, but that time he might have arrived earlier than we expected because he'd just finished killing everyone, but as far as I'm concerned...

: He was involved in it.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: February 09, 2021, 04:43:07 pm »

Cedric thought for a split second before turning his horse towards the right side.

"Then it is settled. We're going against the mages!"
SigFlags!

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: February 10, 2021, 12:13:24 am »

Marietta had a few more choice words to grumble even as they were now being thrust into the heat of battle. Particularly when she learned they were just going to go up against the mages— people she never really had a fun time trying to deal with, especially since she felt that her attacks were a bit more sluggish than usual. She once more bitterly complained internally that it had to do with the sword.

Better just make sure those asshole mages don't get the jump on me... much.

Marietta to 19, 13

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: February 12, 2021, 02:05:33 am »

That was all Lucas needed to hear.

18-12

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: February 12, 2021, 03:12:49 am »

Markus grit his teeth as he glared at the mage's distant commander.
: "He is still a commander in the Consort's army, if he was not responsible for that massacre, he would have witnessed its aftermath. The fact that he still stands in our way is enough to curse his name."
Markus moves to 17-12, and performs for Lucas
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 03:14:30 am by cronos5010 »
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: February 20, 2021, 05:39:16 pm »

Marion to 16-12.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: February 23, 2021, 03:32:32 pm »

17-13
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 63