Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 63

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 8: IC Thread!  (Read 57204 times)

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 8: IC Thread!
« Reply #675 on: June 03, 2020, 11:04:54 am »

"Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you."

"I have some, but I was only trained after-" Marion shook her head. "As an adult, sorry"

"But now that you do mention it, I did feel... something. But it was very distant, and I was distracted by the fight."
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: June 03, 2020, 11:21:58 am »

"Supplies?" Volk thought for a moment.

"There be some supplies in the tower." He pointed to the tiny building in the southeast part of the compound. "That's about it."
Markus's gaze slowly turns towards the building at the
: "Ah. Would it be alright if I asked for your help with getting them out? I'd do it myself but, it'd take less time if I'm doing it with someone who's used to how things are sorted in there."
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: June 03, 2020, 09:14:45 pm »

"...The Jolyon ancestral home. We used to be a powerful noble family. Three generations of it went up in flames, along with the building. Because we supported the Queen. Because we did what was right." Joram's voice was choked with emotion. "My father and I were the only ones to escape. We had to scrape and fight to survive, and now I'm here."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: June 03, 2020, 09:24:32 pm »

Grietje looked up at the hole in the ceiling.

"That was really bad timing..."

"Maybe I could fly up there and lay someone's old bedroll on top of the hole. Think it would work?"

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 06, 2020, 02:19:19 am »

Marietta still had a ton of pent-up energy from all of the fighting and was more than ready to charge into Volk and end his life in one swift blow, but then the diplomatic option shone through and that was that. She wasn't immensely upset considering she finally got to do some work towards the end of that battle, but it still would have been nice having a worthy opponent. Still frustrated and soaking wet, she went to grab a bedroll and hurry into the base as soon as possible while avoiding the chatterboxes. She had been ready to go to sleep right then and there, laying down in her own cranny of the building and trying to get some rest. Potentially so that she could wake up early and train some more before they headed out, preferably in some nicer weather, but everyone just had to start chatting. She groaned as she continued to try and toss and turn, unable to not focus in on other conversations. As much as she didn't want to and just wanted to sleep, she couldn't help but zero in on her own thoughts of some of those conversations.

Dark influences? Yeesh. Lucas better not be letting any weird thoughts get to his head just because he did better in battle than I did, he just got lucky...

That idiot Cedric did what? Is he stupid? Like, actually braindead? How do I lose to someone as dense as that? Ugh, I want to punch him so badly!

Eek! Ugh, I'm never gonna get to sleep if the roof just keeps deciding to cave in like that randomly!

Joram's father sounds like a nice guy... I wouldn't mind him meeting my dad. Our house didn't go up in flames, but that bitch might as well have done just as much...

But most of all, the most pressing thought on Marietta's mind, the one that prevailed over every other thought in her mind as she inadvertently listened in on everyone's conversations...

"Just let me sleep, for fuck's sake..." Marietta groaned, barely audible as she mumbled into her bedroll face down.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 12:04:48 pm by RedMageCole »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: June 06, 2020, 04:13:29 am »

"I see."
Orietta nods slowly.
"I've only heard a fragment of what that was like. You see, my mother also fought for the Queen, once upon a time. She.....never told me much about it. Not really. All I know is that she too believed she did the right thing."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 06, 2020, 04:21:49 am »

: It wasn't as distant as you think, it was very close. And since I was the first to turn around, it... pounced on me. Lucas fidgeted nervously as he said it.

: I managed to fight it off, so to speak. Or at least I hope I did, with these things you can't really be sure... I didn't want to keep quiet about it, but I also didn't know how to talk to anyone about it, so I'm glad you startled me.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #682 on: June 06, 2020, 12:23:51 pm »

"Probably not for long. It'd just get soaked through or fall in itself, unless you nailed it down or something."
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 01:24:23 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: June 06, 2020, 01:50:45 pm »

"Then it's not worth worrying about something we can't control, right?"

Grietje smiled, interrupted only by a yawn that turned into a considerably more sheepish smile.

"Sorry... I think I might be done for tonight." She laid down on the bedroll, eyelids already growing heavy. If she was needed for the watch, they would wake her. And everything else, like these strange feelings, could wait for another day...

"It was nice," she said, already half drifting off, "to talk like old times again."
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 01:53:00 pm by Gaterhyme »

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: June 07, 2020, 09:33:08 am »

"I never would have known..."

"And-and it's good to know that I could help you. Thank you for fighting... whatever it was off.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: June 08, 2020, 12:16:26 pm »

A joyful rest amidst damp ruins and under leaky ceiling nonetheless ended without further trouble. If the pursuers were still looking for them, they've failed to go this far.

By the noon next day, they were on their way through-

"The swamp is full of WHAT?" Volk stopped and turned to look at Cedric.

"Don't tell me ya afraid of some old corpses in them bog?"

"Are they at least... dormant?"

"Whaddaya mean?"

"Are they just corpses, or are we talking about undead?"

"Never had problem with them trying to murder me or my fellas, das it."

"..." Cedric turned to look longingly at the peaks to the far west.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: June 08, 2020, 12:30:57 pm »

The swamp is full of WHAT!?

Those were not Cedric's words, but Marietta's thoughts spoken internally at the same time Cedric echoed her externally. Marietta would actually rather die than admit it, but she still hated getting herself all gross and mucky. Sure, she didn't mind the occasional bloodstain on her clothes or the occasional twenty bloodstains on her clothes but wading through old rotting corpses was awful and above all just plain distracting— what if they rose from the dead and she was focused on doing her laundry? She could already imagine herself having to go waist-deep in some bog full of blood and guts and— the more she thought about it the more she wanted to puke. But... They were all going that way now and there was nothing she could do to stop it. And like hell she was going to let anyone know she felt that way.

"O-Oh, suck it up, Cedric... It's just a few corpses, not like we haven't... seen those before..." Before they were all covered in gross maggots and rotting flesh...

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: June 08, 2020, 01:16:29 pm »

Lucas sprung up.

: There is a way to check if there is some matter of necromancy in the air, I could try to look for it.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: June 08, 2020, 03:03:17 pm »

"Please, Lucas." Volk led the group further in, grumbling.

"Just don't pay attention to them corpses, and yer fine. And look! Is the last part of them swamps. We cross dis, and we're outta into them hills. Come on!"

EXP: 4/100

Objectives:
Reach row 1 (top border) with minimum 3 units. Easy peasy.

Terrain:
Swamp tiles (three tiny pools) grant -5 Evasion. Any non-Mounted/non-Levitation unit starting their Turn on Swamp tiles receives -1 MOV penalty; mounted units -2 MOV (fliers are exempt unless dismounted, levitation mages laugh at the puny swamps).

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: June 08, 2020, 03:06:59 pm »

: Alright, let me see...

Lucas walked past Cedric and scanned the air, also looking at the nearby pond to check for any magic clues.

7-21 check for le magics.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 63