Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 63

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 8: IC Thread!  (Read 57203 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 8: IC Thread!
« Reply #660 on: June 02, 2020, 06:46:17 am »

"Well, um. . ." There was a small bonk as Sylvianne attempted to scratch the back of her head with both gauntlets and helmet still on.
"I was talking to Cedric earlier and, um, he asked me to. . . be at his side. But he also had someone else in mind if I said no. Knowing him, it might have just been a nervous slip of the tongue, but. . ."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 02, 2020, 12:07:24 pm »

"Oh."

"That Cedric! What a big idiot! Do you want me to go dunk him in a lake somewhere?" No, wait, they were only going to the swamps. "Or dump a bag of oats over his head?"

"Or we can go right up to him, grab him by the shoulders, and... ask him to tell you clearly what he meant!"

In the moment of consideration afterwards, as she crossed her arms and tried to think of more, Grietje suddenly realized she felt strange. Not the kind of shock she'd felt when she'd heard about the camp, the sense of falling backwards off her pegasus into a hole that stretched into forever, but something different. Some ache that nestled deep in her chest, some sort of worry or envy or fear mixed up all at once.

"Well," she said, avoiding meeting Sylvianne's eyes, "I think it's fine. That was a really dumb thing to say, but it's probably better if he's always honest with you about his feelings."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 02, 2020, 03:17:13 pm »

Orietta, meanwhile, goes to seek out someone she was curious about.

Specifically, Joram. Seeing him seek out somewhere to rest of the night, the young lady adjusts her cap, before approaching him.
".....So. That was....quite the turn of events, wasn't it?"
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 03:27:55 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 02, 2020, 03:27:07 pm »

"Yeah, just a bit." Joram said as he flung out his bedroll, straightening it out against the cold ground. "Didn't expect that we'd be picking up just any stray that wasn't as ready to die as they were to slit our throats."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 02, 2020, 03:29:44 pm »

"...we do what we must to survive. Even so, I can't blame you for keeping an eye out on them."
Orietta taps her chin thoughtfully.
"And it's better than dying."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 02, 2020, 03:35:23 pm »

"So is rotting in a cell. There's very little that's worse than the grave." Joram flopped himself onto the deployed bedroll with his hands behind his head, but it was obvious that he was more irritated than relaxed. "It could always be worse. We need to make it better."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 02, 2020, 03:37:31 pm »

"....you seem driven. I....if I'm bothering you, I can leave."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 02, 2020, 03:41:24 pm »

He really should have expected someone to question, maybe even hoped, but he still got startled.

: Erk!

: Well... you have some sensibility to magic, being a healer, right? Did you notice something... strange while we were fighting?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 02, 2020, 03:43:38 pm »

"You can stay, if you want. You're not bothering me." Joram sighed. "I want my home back. We were driven out years ago by scum. But allying with scum to get it back seems to me like its missing the point."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #669 on: June 02, 2020, 09:25:08 pm »

"Uh, thanks. I can probably handle him myself. Maybe. I dunno." She wasn't quite sure what to make of Grietje's reaction and the wide spectrum it seemed to span. "I'll admit, one of the few things I'm bad at is dealing with people. It's a lot harder when you aren't just saying 'yes sir, no sir' or cooking them in their armor."
". . . casually referencing frying people in a conversation probably doesn't help either, does it?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 02, 2020, 10:36:10 pm »

"... That was a little too much on my part, huh?"

Maybe the only embarrassment here was what she was bringing on herself. Still... she had been a little mad about Cedric saying something so tactless to Sylvianne, and after something that was supposed to be romantic, or- well, forget it.

"Maybe talking about frying people isn't that normal," Grietje said, glad for the conversation moving on nonetheless. "But I think that might be humor, coming from you?"

"I guess the way I think is... there's a lot of room for second chances when you're dealing with people. As long as both people are trying to reach out to each other, it's a lot harder to fight without a reason than it is to get along. So maybe it isn't worth worrying too much about being bad at it, most of the time."

"I mean, we've known each other for years and we haven't messed things up that bad."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #671 on: June 03, 2020, 06:34:31 am »

"Yeah. I'm probably just overthinking it. Worry about what you can actually control, right?"
"I'm just hoping that this building is actually as leak-free as we've been told."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 03, 2020, 08:45:14 am »

There was a cracking noise and a roof tile fell and crashed in front of Sylvianne, with some rainwater from earlier dripping down onto the spot.

The roof had a hole now.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #673 on: June 03, 2020, 09:01:16 am »

". . . I shouldn't have said anything."
GM of Trespassers V2.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 03, 2020, 09:11:35 am »

"Your home? Forgive my asking. I'm....not often familiar with many of these places. I grew up rather....isolated, you see."
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 63