Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 63

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 8: IC Thread!  (Read 57225 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 8: IC Thread!
« Reply #420 on: October 22, 2019, 04:34:53 pm »

Joram's jaw clenched, and it took him a moment to respond. "...Is it possible that more of our forces were captured or..." The question hung in the air like sour smoke. He wasn't able to ask "Was everyone killed?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 22, 2019, 04:44:00 pm »

"....I do not know the answer to that question for definite, but....you and I both know what was more likely."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 22, 2019, 04:57:29 pm »

He hadn't been there. He didn't know. But Orietta had seen the aftermath, presumably. Had seen for herself. And if that's what she was saying... "I suppose we do."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 22, 2019, 05:02:18 pm »

"The best we can do now is....to stay alive, and keep going, in order to bring justice for them. That is....if we don't tear ourselves apart first."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 22, 2019, 05:05:01 pm »

Marietta was very, very thankful for the break. Not because she wanted to actually rest, but because she hadn't properly gotten some exercise in. Trying to shy away from the group, getting out of sight though not straying too far, she drew her sword and looked ahead of her... after making sure nobody was around to see her. She pointed her sword forward. She pictured that hussy Luitgard right in front of her, with a sword in her hand... honestly, Marietta wasn't sure if Luitgard even fought; knowing her, she probably just got whatever boys she had under her thumb to fight for her. But that would just spoil the moment. With a fierce, determined look, she looked right ahead of her.

"Vile seductress, you who worship the blackened Church of the Seven Sisters! I am Marietta Lancaster, a heroine who fights for only one purpose; justice! Your crimes are immeasurable; betrayal, fanaticism, mass murder, the list continues! You are a blight upon this world, and for Cedric's sake, I will strike you down! Have at you!"

Thankfully, Marietta was alone, and her imagination could run quite rampant. As she pictured every sword technique and enemy she faced rolled into one, she began a mock battle with herself, practicing her swordplay with fierce speed and strength. While she looked completely foolish though flashy to anyone watching her, to her she was engaged in the fight of her life, one that she would not lose. Eventually, she managed to sneak in a swift kick, knocking the wind out of the imaginary Luitgard, and with a single thrust, pierced her heart so that she keeled over, completely and utterly dead.

"That is what you deserve... Burn in hell like the rest of your kind."

Marietta was done with being flashy. Grasping her sword with two hands, she began a simple workout of swinging her sword as many times as she could, whispering a count for every swing.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 22, 2019, 05:38:40 pm »

"At the very least, I don't think we have to worry about that, at least for now. We'll get another chance. We just have to be patient."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 22, 2019, 08:16:47 pm »

"Huh, look at that..."

Though her pegasus seemed unimpressed by the architecture, the two of them flew closer to the keep, scanning for signs of life over the walls and through the holes in the masonry.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 23, 2019, 03:05:26 pm »

@Margrethe:

Margrethe found lots of old bedrolls, and a long-dead firepit. Shards of pottery and bottles, threadbare clothes and old bones were in piled behind one of the buildings. If someone (or a group of someones) lived here, they were gone away for quite a long time now.

@Sylvianne:

"Ah, yes... well." Cedric rubbed his nose.

"Right." He hesistated a little bit.

"I want to ask you... a question."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #428 on: October 23, 2019, 10:46:14 pm »

"That's. . . fine." His hesitation had the mage curious. "There's actually, uh, something I've been meaning to mention to you at some point, too."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 23, 2019, 11:24:05 pm »

Grietje let her pegasus land on an old battlement, satisfied that they'd looked the keep all over now. That the place was abandoned was a small relief. Maybe they could rest here for a while, if not just on the road as they had been doing.

Still, the discarded bedrolls, clothes... and bones... who had stayed here before?

"I wonder..." She let the words trail off into the wind as rider and mount took to the air once more.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 24, 2019, 06:02:28 am »

Marion slipped into the woods for a bit of privacy. She wasn't sure what she was going to do; just sit for a while maybe, or pray-she bady needed the guidance.

Luitgard's betrayal and the slaughter of the rest of the army still had her reeling, equal parts ashamed and scared. Cedric, Marietta, and even the kindly tactician Markus had all sworn vengeance against the Sisters, and she could hardly fault them for that. They had trusted the Seven, and for that they had gotten a traitor.

But Marion was a Sister, too, even if her status was more to do with her family's machinations than with any devoutness on her part. Improbably, it seemed that none of the others had realized that she was one, and a part of her feared what might happen if she told them. And she would have to, sooner rather than later. Marion had read enough adventure novels to know that that sort of thing never ended well. Besides, fearlessness was a virtue...

"Oh!"

Marion heard a noise and started, stumbling over something. When she recovered, she was looking at Marietta, who seemed to be practicing with her rapier.

"Oh, uh, sorry, Marietta. I didn't mean to interrupt you."
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 24, 2019, 09:16:43 am »

@Margrethe:

The further away from the keep Margrethe flew, the more evident it was that said ruined keep was the only thing with a roof from there to the base of the mountains. The mountains themselves were now visible on the horizon - if her companions pressed their march, they could reach the slopes by tomorrow, morning even.

@Sylvianne:

"Well... I was wondering if you would... agree to be my... hm..." He paused. Searching for a proper word, perhaps?
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #432 on: October 24, 2019, 09:27:57 am »

"Uhm. . ." Sylvianne's heart leapt up into her throat. She immediately scolded herself; circumstances didn't mean that the gulf between them had gone away. It wasn't likely that he was asking what she secretly hoped he was.
"Whatever you need, Cedric, don't be afraid to ask."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 24, 2019, 09:28:11 am »

Marietta had only just gotten started with her exercises, and then Marion's sudden gasp of surprise caught Marietta off guard, causing her to let out somewhat of an un-Marietta-like shriek. It wasn't too long of a shriek nor was it very loud, but it was still high pitched. She wheeled around to face Marion, holding her sword behind her as if she were a child trying to (very poorly) conceal that they just stole something from their parents.

"Y-You didn't hear anything, did you!? Y-You heard everything, didn't you!? D-Don't you dare tell anyone! I'm warning you, I'm really serious about you not saying a word! U-Unless you didn't hear anything, th-then forget I said anything just now! I didn't say anything! Wh-what are you doing here!?"

Usually Marietta would just sound irritated and annoyed as usual, but instead she sounded frantic and even a little upset.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 24, 2019, 09:48:03 am »

@Sylvianne:

"..."

Ba-dum.
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 63