Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30

Author Topic: Interplanetary Arms Race: Planetary Technate  (Read 31550 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interplanetary Arms Race: Planetary Technate
« Reply #150 on: September 14, 2019, 01:54:27 pm »

Interstellar Communication Network

Henceforth referred to as the ICN, it is at based on the Command Radio. Making use of parts that can be assembled on site, it includes a blueprint for setting it up for communications on planet, and a multi-piece dish that can be taken up in 1 TC pieces. When assembled, it will allow the aforementioned parts to build a network across the planet, and communicate to other ICN Planets. This will allow quick response times, and prevent us from losing people to the native environment, since every squad can carry a radio to call for help, communicate with local squads, towers, and satellites(which are another part for setting up the ICN across the planet), and have a transponder signal which will allow us to locate them. Main Terminals and Satellites comes with inbuilt signal scrambling to prevent interception, and firewalls to prevent hacking.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 02:22:51 pm by TricMagic »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 15, 2019, 12:41:35 pm »

So, I was trying to write some lore, and the fact that there are two very distinct things called The Network is really bugging me. I'd like to suggest we rename our The Network to something else. I mean, it's not like it's super critical that it's called The Network. Here are some suggestions for alternatives:
-The Datalinks
-The Grid
-The Leylines
-The Underweb
Just off the top of my head, sort of thing. The point is that there are tons of viable names, and renaming it would make everything a lot easier to write about.
Long Live United Forenia!

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 15, 2019, 03:08:01 pm »

I for one, am partial to

"The Loom".

(Loom-Knows-Where I left my car keys. )

I feel like its a perfect name for our mysterious network of interconnected machines.

ALso I have no idea what the Madman is referring to since i didnt actually read the lore.

Anyways, I like Tric-Magic's idea for a communication network so I am gonna make a derivative.

EVIL (Evrasium high-Volume Intelligence-gathering & Light) Constellation Network

By streamlining the emission process for lower-power "taps" instead of punches to be emitted by our Evrasium reactor, it is now possible for Satelite networks outside of our home-Loom to be assembled and utilize high-power systems instead of solar panels.

Correction: it is less a reactor, and more a angry box . This angry box can then be tricked through the use of electromagnets in a formation similar to that of traditional generator schemes and directly producing an emission field capable of producing a brief burst of light, like a conventional laser. electricity for secondary functions such as gyroscopes sensory equipment etc is provided for by "cheap" solar panels and battery systems that take up only 5-10% of the weight of the entire system.

This complex system is small enough to be placed into a box-"sat" designed to collect radio-signals from the surface of the planet, and then either relay it to another box-sat in with it's emission receptacle in the proper position, or directly send a relatively high-power emission directly towards the LAER (Laser Activity Emissions Reciever) deployed in orbit of the Planetary Technates homeworld. It can also receive data transmissions from the homeworld by its own LAER system, but by necessity, it must be done at pre-determined times due to the fact that it can only send, or receive to one source at a time.

An on-board Omni-directional antenna prevents situations where its dishes are pointed uselessly and data must be poured in from a relatively local area without requiring a shuttle to pick it up and commit maintenance. a 2 pound brick of meta-stabilized explosives is planted near the Evrasium reactor and hooked up to this antennae so that when a unique singal is deployed or if it detects unauthorized physical access (ie a shuttle tries to pick it up without consent), the satellite will self destruct.

This set up allows for high-data signals to be relayed and received from planet to planet. Its point-to-point nature means that barring an interception, the signals are literally undetectable and are thus completely securing barring a compromised emission device. Outside of the Evrasium, most of this stuff is tried-and-true orbital equipment that was perfected before our time.

EVIL is a satellite that could work passably by itself, but really should be deployed with at least 3 total sister satellites so that its relay capabilities are actually useful.

No really special equipment beyond the equivalent of a ruggedized satellite cellphone is really required to talk to the satellite, and thus, our soldiers are once again connected to the Loom.

if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 20, 2019, 10:29:20 am »

Evrasium Production Industrial Complex (EPIC):

The E-EPIC is based on the lifeblood and specialized resource on why this planet was very valuable to the first colonization efforts of the progenitor civilization, that of Evrasium and due to its unique properties has allowed for extraordinary manipulation of our known rules of physic, but there always has been a problem of utilizing for both military and civil applications and that is of its rarity and how we current extract and mass produce it. Therefore, we spend constructive efforts of a construction complex and facility that would allow us to gain access to more of this resource and that future applications of Evrasium will be less intensive cost-wise and for further research and design with the material to be more effective.

The facility is streamlined for its current mining network to be attached to an extensive subsurface in which all forms of drift, slope, shaft, and shrinkage slope extraction efforts all while reaching more into the deposits of valuable Evrasium with respective mining vehicles and tools, that are transferred to an automated conveyor belt to transfer to the main building on the top, that of the Main Production facility on the surface in which Evrasium can be more efficiently processed and formed from hard rocks. Automated robotic tools and the processes of crushing, smelting, and further refinement of the material is more streamlined and therefore allowing more of the Evrasium to reach our stockpiles and reserves, allowing for productions that utilize Evrasium to be more feasible and be less draining when we construct designs that have to utilize it.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 06:31:06 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 20, 2019, 10:44:03 am »

I've mentioned this on Discord, but I'll repeat it here: since we have no GPP/SPP to spare, this would be a good time to do an infrastructure/groundwork design, as if we designed something that cost GPP/SPP, we wouldn't be able to deploy it anyway.
Thus, I'll go with EPIC.

I'm also going to put renaming our Network in the votebox. I'm not super fussed with what we call it, so long as it isn't the Network.

Quote from: Botevox
Design:
EPIC: (1) NUKE9.13

Renaming our Network?:
Keep the name Network, because fuck making lore comprehensible:
The Loom: (2) NUKE9.13, Blood_Librarian
Long Live United Forenia!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 20, 2019, 07:47:10 pm »

Design:
EPIC: (2) NUKE9.13, SC777

Renaming our Network?:
The Loom: (3) NUKE9.13, Blood_Librarian, SC777

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 20, 2019, 09:54:30 pm »

Design:
EPIC: (3) NUKE9.13, SC777, Happerry

Renaming our Network?:

More production and resources is rarely a bad move.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2019, 02:20:27 am »

Design:
EPIC: (4) NUKE9.13, SC777, Happerry, Blood_Librarian

Renaming our Network?:

I am barely coherent right now and the only reason I posted was because of Madmans pings on discord.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 21, 2019, 04:03:36 pm »

Design:
EPIC: (5) NUKE9.13, SC777, Happerry, Blood_Librarian, m1895

Renaming our Network?:
Keep the name Network, because fuck making lore comprehensible: (1) m1895

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 21, 2019, 04:13:29 pm »

Design:
EPIC: (6) NUKE9.13, SC777, Happerry, Blood_Librarian, m1895, TricMagic

Renaming our Network?:
Keep the name Network, because fuck making lore comprehensible: (2) m1895, TricMagic

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 22, 2019, 11:33:31 am »

Design:
EPIC: (7) NUKE9.13, SC777, Happerry, Blood_Librarian, m1895, TricMagic, Jilladilla

Renaming our Network?:
Keep the name Network, because fuck making lore comprehensible: (3) m1895, TricMagic, Jilladilla

We will not budge and let them take our name from us.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 22, 2019, 01:20:39 pm »

Design:
EPIC: (7) NUKE9.13, SC777, Happerry, Blood_Librarian, m1895, TricMagic, Jilladilla

Renaming our Network?:
Keep the name Network, because fuck making lore comprehensible: (2) m1895, Jilladilla
The Nexus: (1) TricMagic
The Matrix: ()
The Grid: ()

Pick one.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 22, 2019, 02:46:37 pm »

Fiiiiiiiiinnnneee.... If Madman is going to veto the 'Keep it as is' vote and reward them for being so indecisive about their name, then fine, I'll vote for a name. (Note: I am not too upset at this; I know that the internet is bad at translating these things.)

The Grid actually feels like something you would call an all-encompassing infrastructure upon which you have built your society on anyway, to be fair.

Design:

Renaming our Network?:
Keep the name Network, because fuck making lore comprehensible: (2) m1895, Jilladilla
The Grid: (1) Jilladilla

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 22, 2019, 08:04:59 pm »

The Grid actually feels like something you would call an all-encompassing infrastructure upon which you have built your society on anyway, to be fair.
Agreed.

Design:
EPIC: (8) NUKE9.13, SC777, Happerry, Blood_Librarian, m1895, TricMagic, Jilladilla, Flabort

Renaming our Network?:
The Grid: (2) Jilladilla, Flabort

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 22, 2019, 10:36:39 pm »

Design:
EPIC: (8) NUKE9.13, SC777, Happerry, Blood_Librarian, m1895, TricMagic, Jilladilla, Flabort

Renaming our Network?:
The Grid: (3) Jilladilla, Flabort, m1895

I'm not a fan of constantly giving ground to the enemy, but I'd rather choose the least bad option than a better option that isn't allowed.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30