Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30

Author Topic: Interplanetary Arms Race: Planetary Technate  (Read 31540 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interplanetary Arms Race: Side Two
« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2019, 03:38:35 pm »

Lyre Fighter: (0)
ITC Modernization Project: (4) Wozzy, SC777, Jilladilla, NUKE9.13
Cargo Fleet Project: (3) Flabort, Happerry, TricMagic
ITV: (0)
Making an ITC capable of landing on a planet is ludicrous.
Long Live United Forenia!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2019, 04:04:59 pm »

Not really. The ITV is meant for that purpose..

Though for revision, somewhat.

ITC Modernization Project: (5) Wozzy, SC777, Jilladilla, NUKE9.13, TricMagic
Cargo Fleet Project: (2) Flabort, Happerry,

Vote for Yes/No on Auto-Speed 2
Yes for Auto-Speed 2: ()
No for Auto-Speed 2: (1) TricMagic

Mostly I'd seen something else in my sleepyness. The better shuttle should bring it to 2 TC capable, which means we can fit something bigger in.. Sleepy right now.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 08:03:59 pm by TricMagic »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 03, 2019, 09:05:14 pm »

Vote if Autospeed No
ITC Modernization Project: (6) Flabort, Wozzy, SC777, Jilladilla, NUKE9.13, TricMagic
Cargo Fleet Project: (1) Happerry,

Vote if Autospeed Yes
ITC Modernization Project: (0)
Cargo Fleet Project: (1) Flabort

No for Auto-Speed 2: (2) TricMagic, Flabort
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interplanetary Arms Race: Planetary Technate
« Reply #138 on: August 03, 2019, 09:34:30 pm »

Vote if Autospeed No
ITC Modernization Project: (7) Flabort, Wozzy, SC777, Jilladilla, NUKE9.13, TricMagic, Happerry
Cargo Fleet Project: (0)

Vote if Autospeed Yes
ITC Modernization Project: (0)
Cargo Fleet Project: (1) Flabort

No for Auto-Speed 2: (2) TricMagic, Flabort
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 10:55:43 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 03, 2019, 11:08:27 pm »

ITC modernization program
the ITC modernization project aims to replace the ITC's venerable chemical engines with the more powerful and reliable OKSPD(hopefully increasing storage space in the process) err, reports indicate the OKSPD has already been installed, we'll try to squeeze an extra TC out of it. aside from that, we also intend to spend time fixing various design flaws in the hull, hardware, and software, as well as adding a single Oculus for point defense purposes. finally, we will develop a heavy-duty shuttle, capable of carrying light tank sized objects at least.

ITC Modernization Program
Difficulty: Normal
Roll: 2+3+0 = 5 = Average

Well, given the last-minute confusion about whether those engines had been added to the design or not, the ITC modernization has gone surprisingly well. It has successfully added an Oculus for defense, various improvements have vastly increased the comfort and safety of the ride and made the vessel more durable and slightly faster when maneuvering around orbits. Adding more transport capacity proved impossible as carrying the equivalent of half a unit (several thousand more soldiers) would require substantial expansion. The equivalent of a light tank can already be lifted by the ITC's shuttles, and creating a new shuttle capable of lifting a 2-TC object proved to be somewhat outside the possibility of work done during a revision. However, the size of the ITC (and thus its target profile) was reduced somewhat by this work. Not nearly enough to make the gargantuan but simple vessel cheaper, but certainly not wasted effort.

It is now the Turn 1 LOGISTICS PHASE. We made it, somehow. Decide what ships, units, and equipment will be built and give them orders to deploy.

Combat, here we come! Get your lore together, there is a substantial reward riding on it!

Spoiler: Side Two Tech (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Side Two Logistics (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 11:48:52 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 03, 2019, 11:33:12 pm »

Wait, do we have 16 or 18 SPP? The spoiler has both listed.
The Cyan Menace

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2019, 11:42:55 pm »

Should have 18. We started with 16 and the AER gave us +2 SPP.

Madman just didn't update the later number.

Right. I listed out the basics of a plan, now to put it in formal plan format. If anyone wants to name our ships or divisions, feel free to offer suggestions.

Quote from: Plan A
SPP Budget: 18
Build 3 ITCs (6 SPP)
Build 4 Chords (12 SPP)

GPP Budget: 20
Recruit 2 Basic Military Units (4 GPP)
Recruit 4 'Elite' Basic Military Units w/ SIAERAs and Combat EVA Suits (16 GPP)

Orders
ITC #1 Loads 2 'Elite' Units armed with SIAERAs and Combat EVA Suits, moves to G and drops one Unit onto its surface
ITC #2 Loads 1 'Elite' Unit and 1 Basic Unit, moves to I, and drops the Basic Unit onto its surface
ITC #3 Loads 1 'Elite' Unit and 1 Basic Unit, moves to H, and drops the Basic Unit onto its surface
All Chords Move to G
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 12:09:22 am by Jilladilla »

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 04, 2019, 04:54:41 pm »

I like this plan.

I feel we should name our Units after mercenary groups, fictional or historical.

The Elite Unit dropped at G can be "The A Team", the Elite Unit staying aboard ITC#1 can be "Dogs of War", while the Elite Unit in ITC#2 can be "The Free Companions" and the one aboard ICT#3 can be "Band of the Hawk".

The basic unit deployed to I can be "The Taskmasters", and on planet H can be "Schlock Mercenary".

I don't know what to name the ships.
The Cyan Menace

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 04, 2019, 07:04:19 pm »

That is leaving the ITC 2 and 3 vulnerable, sure they have a weapon but not a very good one.

Going in force to G with our ships does seem like a good plan.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 04, 2019, 07:24:35 pm »

That is leaving the ITC 2 and 3 vulnerable, sure they have a weapon but not a very good one.

Going in force to G with our ships does seem like a good plan.

Look at the Map. I and H are firmly behind our lines; and in order to get there the enemy would need to get through G anyway. And no, they cannot get to I and H this turn, or next turn even unless they somehow managed to get a Speed 3 Drive; it's 5 away from their homeworld.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 08, 2019, 08:52:54 am »

Plan A: (1) Wozzy

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 09, 2019, 12:34:36 pm »

I already expressed my support for this plan, so I am voting for it. Not like any other plan has been proposed.

Plan A: (2) Wozzy, Flabort

Anyone else got any names for units/ships? If we go with Plan A and the names I picked for the units, all the ships still need names.
The Cyan Menace

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 10, 2019, 07:23:04 pm »

Plan A: (3) Wozzy, Flabort, Happerry
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 10, 2019, 07:26:22 pm »

Plan A: (4) Wozzy, Flabort, Happerry, m1895

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 14, 2019, 12:52:29 pm »

Thank you (ladies and?) gentlemen for NOT doing a Side 1 and having BINARY for ship names. I didn't actually want to see a ship named 010000101, thanks for nothing, Side 1.

Anyway, welcome to the formal beginning of turn 1, post-hurrication. And also post-homework. Anyway, let's begin, shall we? I'll probably have nicer reports for your next BR, which should obviously have actual combat as well as not needing quite so much logistics updating.

ITC #1 deploys a BMU with 'Elite' armament to G; they find a strange desert planet with sand that would never support life, but is quite easy to refine into raw materials for all number of things. Sandstorms result in platoons being lost for days, a few squads have disappeared entirely when caught out on distant patrols during sandstorms. Luckily, we've begun to understand the local weather patterns and will likely not suffer quite as much as time goes on. Reinforcements have already been delivered via regular supply convoy. Terrain Control: 4/10

ITC #2 deploys a BMU with basically nothing onto I, where they find themselves somewhat comforted that they don't need to wear a spacesuit to go on a walk, and somewhat depressed that the only scenery they're going to get is a whole lot of grass and maybe the occasional hill. The entire world seems to have been steadily levelled out by time and weathering. However, the grasses usually don't conceal anything worse than a few rodentlike creatures, and the number of missing soldiers is minimal, except for that entire platoon that vanished on a long-distance patrol. We're sure it's fine. Terrain Control: 4/10

ITC #3 also deploys a BMU with basically nothing onto H, where they find amazingly boring grey terrain and some decent mineral deposits, and chart a few sites for spacecraft-construction facilities and exploitation. Terrain Control: 4/10

Squadron 1, composed of 4 Chords, moves to G and regroups, refuels, and awaits further orders.

It is now the Turn ONE Design Phase. You have one design, don't offend the Network, even though you've already offended the Network since the Network is your ENEMY AND your underlying computer system....what the heck, guys?

Spoiler: Side Two Tech (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Side Two Logistics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Credits (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 09:23:01 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30