Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Time Before Time: A Gridhood Game (Turn 4)  (Read 11045 times)

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Time Before Time: A Gridhood Game (Turn 3)
« Reply #135 on: July 13, 2019, 02:03:23 am »

While the others are out doing their work, the Shaman of Root sends a message to Root. "I beseech you oh Root, please bestow your blessings upon our people in proportion to your approval of our ways!"[/i]
I am pleased at your research and your worship! Consider researching toolmaking, or learning it from your new neighbors.

Root creates a massive portal at the bottom of d5 which connects to another great portal at the top of b4. The portals can teleport objects, people, and even the waters of the Zeme! The new section of the river flows from top to bottom of b4, and confers the same benefits. (I'm ok with paying extra for the river.)

Then, he speaks through the portals to the Igwam Tribe and the Confederation of Deer:
It is my pleasure to bring together my two highest worshippers! There is much you can teach each other. You are part of a divine plan that you are only beginning to learn!

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Time Before Time: A Gridhood Game (Turn 4)
« Reply #136 on: July 13, 2019, 05:10:27 am »

Aroth Rimtar yawns and drowsily rests, awaiting planted seeds to grow.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2019, 05:22:49 am »

Confederation of Deer
1 New worker is created for 3 food.
2 Workers forage at B4.
2 Worker forages at B5.
2 Workers research Improved foraging.
1 Worker prays to Root
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 13, 2019, 08:52:22 am »

.... It's actually the ocean blessing.
 Also. You edited the thing on a day I had no internet at all. And I won't have any internet till late Tuesday.

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 13, 2019, 11:15:54 am »

What’s Fire have to do with woodcutting?

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 13, 2019, 12:13:46 pm »

FEDERATE OF OM
2 Workers forage.
1 Worker prays to Root.
2 Workers research Seaweed Weaving (Seaweaving).

Quote from: Turtle of the Gods
"Hello there!", said a turtle that was not there the moment before. The Omian it spoke to dropped its load of gathered kelp in surprise. "Who...", he began. "I am god!", replied the turtle, with a wry smile. The Omian did not know turtles could smile, he thought as it swam about regathering the falling stalks. "Bhy dhe hway, sinz 'm god 'n all - pfthh!", it spat out the kelp into the Omian's arms. "Oh, that's better, anyhow! I'd appreciate it if you stopped worrying about your whole farming thing, and keep doin' what you're doing, you know...? I could make it worth your while. By the way, I'm Root, god of Foraging, nice to meetcha!". The turtle was now extending a flipper, to the shocked gazes of a few other Omians who had gathered to see the spectacle. "Eh, whatever. Seeya!"

And then the turtle was gone.

OOC: Certain seaweeds, when dried some, can actually be used for things like basketmaking.
Spoiler: Statistics (click to show/hide)

Avanti!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 13, 2019, 12:43:20 pm »

You need to cut wood to use it as fuel, unless you want to burn trees where they stand

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 13, 2019, 12:54:50 pm »

I guess you could use fire for military purposes without really knowing about wood. Or maybe if you rushed mining you could use coal for fuel? I dunno.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 13, 2019, 01:59:59 pm »

It just does not make sense that you need fire to get wood. Seems like a catch 22

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 13, 2019, 02:29:13 pm »

Oh. You need fire to get wood? I thought it was the other way around. Bizarre.
Maybe you failed some kind of hidden check or something? I'm still not 100% sure on how research works in this game.

Maybe if the tile you are researching wood on was created by the fire aspect god it might make sense to have an understanding of fire first? I dunno.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 02:38:04 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 13, 2019, 02:40:06 pm »

How much FP do I have to spend for liquid nitrogen volcanic fields?
it's over

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 13, 2019, 03:42:58 pm »

Oh. You need fire to get wood? I thought it was the other way around. Bizarre.
Maybe you failed some kind of hidden check or something? I'm still not 100% sure on how research works in this game.

Maybe if the tile you are researching wood on was created by the fire aspect god it might make sense to have an understanding of fire first? I dunno.
I thought so too, needing wood to get fire

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 13, 2019, 05:03:27 pm »

.... It's actually the ocean blessing.
 Also. You edited the thing on a day I had no internet at all. And I won't have any internet till late Tuesday.
Oof, apologies. I wasn't sure what was going on, didn't want to drag the game out too long... and made a bad guess.  :-\
To clarify for future posts, so this sort of thing won't happen again: should a god not have sufficient FP to perform all its specified actions, I will prioritize those actions that came earliest in the post. Arrange god actions accordingly!

I should clarify: by default, you can gather minor boughs with just a hand axe-- or for the smallest branches, even without using a tool at all. This requires no special research to do. The Wood Gathering tech, however, involves the felling of entire trees, and hand axes just aren't big enough or sharp enough to achieve that alone. Instead, your workers will be using that fire to carefully char away the base of the tree, chipping out the burnt wood with their stone tools. It's more dangerous than modern felling, but way easier than most other methods available to you. (Yes, it's bizarre. I know. I'm sorry.)

How much FP do I have to spend for liquid nitrogen volcanic fields?
5 FP. You can create your volcanoes now. On that note, I've added a bunch of additional god actions to the OP-- gods, take a look if you haven't already!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 13, 2019, 06:14:25 pm »

Gilbert creates Liquid Nitrogen Volcanic Fields at B2.
it's over

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 13, 2019, 06:28:47 pm »

Quote from: Turtle of the Gods
"Hello there!", said a turtle that was not there the moment before. The Omian it spoke to dropped its load of gathered kelp in surprise. "Who...", he began. "I am god!", replied the turtle, with a wry smile. The Omian did not know turtles could smile, he thought as it swam about regathering the falling stalks. "Bhy dhe hway, sinz 'm god 'n all - pfthh!", it spat out the kelp into the Omian's arms. "Oh, that's better, anyhow! I'd appreciate it if you stopped worrying about your whole farming thing, and keep doin' what you're doing, you know...? I could make it worth your while. By the way, I'm Root, god of Foraging, nice to meetcha!". The turtle was now extending a flipper, to the shocked gazes of a few other Omians who had gathered to see the spectacle. "Eh, whatever. Seeya!"

And then the turtle was gone.
Gah! The holy books always get it wrong, but worship is worship.

Root
blesses e3 with tasty kelp.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12