Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Time Before Time: A Gridhood Game (Turn 4)  (Read 11034 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Time Before Time: A Gridhood Game (Turn 4)
« Reply #165 on: July 19, 2019, 05:51:15 pm »

That it does... I may have to take more desperate measures and commit to applying Peer Pressure.

Kinda annoying since I think one still hasn't posted, and you don't just get to stagnate in my game. Food will still get consumed, even if you don't do anything.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 19, 2019, 06:40:31 pm »

Y'all deserve an explanation.

These past few days. my life's become a good deal more difficult. I'm having to do things I've never done before-- some tedious, some outright dangerous, some a little of both-- and it's taking everything in me to keep up. When I'm not in the middle of it all, I'm doing something fairly mindless just to try and recover.

When I started this game up, I underestimated how much of my life it'd take up. I'd spend hours upon hours putting together a turn post, and that was fine so long as I had the energy-- but I don't anymore. I can't keep up the pace.

I could declare some kind of indefinite on-and off hiatus, or update like every two weeks with an apology behind each, but... I don't want to do that to myself, or to you. I'm thinking it's better I simply cut the game short, and maybe start something less rule-heavy another time, something with a workload I can better handle. I do apologize for the let-down. :-\

Thank you for having me. I hope we can try again sometime.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 06:42:25 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 19, 2019, 06:52:11 pm »

Just as I feared. Of course, your life has to take priority over something as trivial as a forum game...
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 19, 2019, 07:07:17 pm »

It’s alright. Minimalism games aren’t too rule heavy, maybe you could try making one of those, just an idea for a less rule heavy type of game. Just out of curiosity, what are some of the tedious/dangerous things you’re doing? You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to. Good luck on your work.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 19, 2019, 07:12:11 pm »

Okay. I think I've decided its time for me to get back into the Gridhood business. Keep an eye out!
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 19, 2019, 07:31:07 pm »

Well, luck to you. And yeah, even at the reduced amount, it takes time to write a turn. We're not exactly Nakeen, who can write a ton.

To note Naturegirl, this is a reduced amount from the originals. Those were far bigger, with more than just 5 civs and gods.

Save me a spot Supernerd.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 19, 2019, 07:42:55 pm »

Psst. Applications are already open. Clicky.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]