Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Time Before Time: A Gridhood Game (Turn 4)  (Read 11041 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Time Before Time: A Gridhood Game (Turn 3)
« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2019, 10:44:26 pm »

The last point is the basic income I thought all gods get.
Ahh, of course-- my mistake!

I've updated the OP with the new god actions y'all are trying to perform. It's near midnight now, and I wake very early tomorrow, so I'll have to save further tinkering for later... things are getting closer tho, very close indeed.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 10:47:44 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 12, 2019, 05:34:24 am »

This is where a spreadsheet comes in handy. Something like this.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 12, 2019, 05:39:29 am »

Ooh, pretty... yeah, I'm sold. That's way better than the ungodly mess of a Notepad file I've been using for everything.  :D

Now then! Time to start laying out new tiles...

Tile art is done; the number-crunching begins...

Organizing spreadsheets...

I'm just going to assume that Flare blesses the dogling but not the ocean, because the dogling was first in Tric's action list...

« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 12:30:39 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2019, 08:57:39 pm »

Has anyone else been refreshing like every 15 to 20 minutes for the past several hours since Superdorf announced they are working on the update?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2019, 09:01:36 pm »

Yes

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 12, 2019, 09:13:23 pm »

No, but I am ch caking the Updated Posts section frequently
Can’t wait for the new update
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 11:40:17 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 12, 2019, 10:37:59 pm »

Definitely

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Time Before Time: A Gridhood Game (Turn 4)
« Reply #127 on: July 12, 2019, 11:44:39 pm »

Turn 4

As the civilized peoples of the world grow ever stronger, Root God of Foraging grows with them...

Swollen with power, Root again casts his blessings over the world! The bright-glittering river Zeme soon carves its way through the jungles of D-4, and the hills of B-5 grow richer still with multifarious foodstuffs-- a veritable Eden of delectable delight!

The river Zeme has appeared! D-5 has become a Notable Tile! (-5 FP)
B-5 has gained the modifier: Abundant Food. B-5 has reached maximum food density! (-2 FP)

Interested in Root's dealings with the Confederation of Deer, and pleased with their doings upon his hills, Aroth Rimtar decides to provide them a little something more of his own. With a swift and steady hand he sculpts the void into substance, raising good ground where before there was none. Upon this land Aroth sets a plant of his own design, tall and round and strong, perfect for the making of things.

A Bamboo Forest has appeared at B-5. (-3 FP)

As the gods of civilized doings go about their philanthropies, Pyro realizes that his own people are languishing. He therefore elects to create for them a land somewhat less forbidding in appearance, if still a bit warmer than average.

A Hot Steppe has appeared at D-4.

In the deep waters of E-3, the Federate of Om holds its first councils.
    2 workers set out to forage the wide ocean, seeking the green kelp Om folk hold so dear. The workers return with a respectable 6 food units, well enough to see the budding civilization through. (Root gains 1 FP.)
    The remaining 3 workers, anxious to provide for future cycles, spend the cycle in close study of the reproduction and propagation of their food source. They come eventually to the realization that they could spark this process artificially... if they could only keep the sporelings close to the sun somehow! +1 to completion of the Kelp Farming tech. Further research locked. Needs prerequisite: Weaving. Needs resource: Wood.

Igwam Tribe
A grand miracle indeed, deep in the jungles of the Igwam! A river, a mighty river flows now through their homeland, and the trees sing with its power!
    2 workers forage for food in the D-5 jungle. Slow and frail as they are, they find only 4 units of food, though the river Zeme be strong.
    2 workers, intrigued by this new phenomenon made manifest unto them, continue to muse upon the nature of their god... and be means both logical and mystic, one of them hits at last upon enlightenment! +4 towards completion of the Improved Prayer tech. Research complete!
Spoiler: New Tech: Shaman (click to show/hide)
(Root gains 3 FP.)
    A child is born in one of the huts. As is the nature of Igwam, the mother studies her young closely as it matures to adulthood. +3 to completion of the Procreation tech.

Olan Reg
Times are grim indeed for the golems of the volcano. They send but 1 worker to forage the berries of the D-3 fields, and that worker is unlucky-- it finds but a single food-unit's worth of fireberries. 3 of your workers will starve to death at the end of next turn if food is not provided them!
    Some workers place their hope in prayer. 2 workers offer supplication unto Pyro, seeking blessings to save their people. Pyro gains 2 FP.
    Other workers place their hope rather in innovation. 1 worker, determined to finish what it has started, labors unceasingly with stone, with hard-edged flint gathered from the D-4 steppes. Carefully the golem works, and after some time... it has a blade. Aspect triggered! +2 towards completion of the Primitive Toolmaking tech... research complete!
    1 worker, determined to wrest *something* from the works of Flare, returns to the E-3 waters to try and catch one of the swimming things it saw there. The worker flounders about rather uselessly in the shallows; what few fish come near simply slip through its heavy fingers. +1 towards completion of the Fishing tech. Further research locked. Needs prerequisite: Wood Gathering. Needs prerequisite: Boat Making.
(Flare is amused, and gains 1 FP.)

Dog Empire
A blessing, a blessing from Flare! The sparks dance in a dogling's eyes; the water moves with him! 2 workers offer thanksgiving unto Flare; Flare gains 2 FP.
    1 worker, heretical in his imaginings, offers his prayers rather to Gilbert, Lord of Cats! Gilbert gains 1 FP.
    As her brethren dance about their huts, the blessed dogling, posessing perhaps some inkling of Flare's intentions for her kind, sets out to gather of the few trees her island has to offer. She manages to break a small bough or two-- but without tool nor flame, finds the true felling of trees beyond her. +1 towards completion of the Wood Gathering tech. Further research locked. Needs prerequisite: Fire. Needs prerequisite: Primitive Toolmaking.
    Not all research fares so ill. 1 final dogling, laboring with far greater care than before, masters the art of stone-knapping! Aspect triggered! +1 towards completion of the Primitive Toolmaking tech-- research complete!

Confederation of Deer
The hills of B-4 seem verily to glow with Root's blessings, and the Confederation is quick to take advantage of it-- 2 workers set out to forage, and gather an astounding 14 units of food! Two deerchildren are born some time after the rejoicings, fat and strong from the glut. (Root gains 3 FP.)
With the bounty of their homeland ever-richer, 2 workers wonder how they might gather more from it still. They begin therefore to taste of foods hitherto unknown to them, hoping by careful taste to determine which new things are worth eating and which are not. +3 towards completion of the Improved Foraging tech.
1 worker, meanwhile, gives thanks unto Root for the feastings. Root gains 1 FP.

Spoiler: Confederation of Deer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dog Empire (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Federation of Om (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Igwam Tribe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Olan Reg (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notable Tiles (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 09:29:59 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 12, 2019, 11:53:47 pm »

I spotted what might be an error. Can one civilization research an "Unlocked" research subject that was unlocked by a different civilization? The confederation of Deer seems to have researched an advanced version of a tech they do not possess.

Edit: Nevermind. Apparently the unlocked one is "Improved Foraging II". I got confused somehow.

Edit 2: Actual possible error: Should I have 5 workers and 1 shaman instead of 6 workers?

Edit 3: It also looks like the tiles spoiler does not include the river that was added by Root.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 12:05:20 am by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 13, 2019, 12:01:25 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Olan Reg
2 workers pray to Pyro
2 workers forage at D4
1 worker researches farming

“Pyro, thank you for giving us this new land to forage, thank you for giving us the berries on our home”
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 12:45:44 am by Naturegirl1999 »

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 13, 2019, 12:05:18 am »

The Dog Empire
2 workers forage
1 worker researches Fire
2 workers pray to flare

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2019, 12:13:31 am »

Edit 2: Actual possible error: Should I have 5 workers and 1 shaman instead of 6 workers?
Och yes, I'll deal with that-- overlooked it in my haste!

Edit 3: It also looks like the tiles spoiler does not include the river that was added by Root.
Aye, I was in the middle of tinkering with those spoilers when you read the post; they should be in order now. (I emphasize: should. ::))

klonk
Sigtext

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2019, 12:33:59 am »

Igwam Tribe

The newly appointed Shaman of Root announces a revelation! While Root would appreciate prayer, as is the nature gods, but what he would appreciate even more would be the maximization of Foraging! But it is not enough for our tribe to simply forage as much as we can, but we must also maximize future foraging! And the best way to do that would be to maximize the number of people who can forage! So much must we forage, that we shall fill all of these empty houses!

The Igwams of the Igwam Tribe find this speech to be a bit excessively dramatic, but they also find evidence of this in Root's actions and honestly it wasn't too different from what they were going to do anyway.

While the others are out doing their work, the Shaman of Root sends a message to Root. "I beseech you oh Root, please bestow your blessings upon our people in proportion to your approval of our ways!"

1 worker is created at the cost of 3 food.
1 Shaman of Root prays to Root
4 workers forage for food at D5
1 worker researches Procreation

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 13, 2019, 12:41:23 am »

I believe that you do not have to research procreation, as you just did create a new worker.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Time Before Time: A Gridhood Game (Turn 4)
« Reply #134 on: July 13, 2019, 01:00:32 am »

I'm not trying to learn how to do it. I'm trying to make it more effective or more efficient. Sort of like how I researched foraging and prayer and made them more efficient.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12