Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: A list of stupid mod ideas  (Read 8192 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: A list of stupid mod ideas
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2019, 01:09:06 pm »

I keep thinking of the Minecraft idea. Maybe I'll do it. No promises and it'd take forever though.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

darkomen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2019, 05:11:07 pm »

I've got an Idea of a HUGE total conversion, based on Ancient Greek World both in Historical and Mythological point of view. Master of Olympus (or AOM) is a good example of a mix between history and mythology  : a citybuilder with Gods and Creatures from greek mythology. The Impressions Games' videogame was.  from 480 BCE to 320 BCE, the time is called "Classical Greece"

It would focus on several civilizations that would replace the main races of the Game : Egyptian, Greek, Etruscan, Persian, Phenician. No Roman one since Roma wasn't a big power at that time (and culturally, copied a lot from greek civ).

Basically what the mod would do :
0. Replace races by Civs i mentionned before

1. Replace Civs by City-States, randomly generated

2. Rework of World Gen to adapt to the mediterranean climate and geography. Optional : geology replacement and custom map with Anatolia, Greece, south Italy, North-East Africa, black sea and Palestine

4. Overhaul of Objects, weapons, workshops to make craft fit to that time and context.

5. Overhaul of major buildings, jobs (severe malus to mining, bonus to construction, aquifers everywhere to avoid cities of 50 z levels that doesn't fit to this context)

6. Replacing Fauna and creatures by mediterranean / creatures from greek mythology. A lot of them already exists in the game, A lot of them are to whipe from vanilla. A lot of them are to be created.

7. OPTIONAL :  Graphic Set that fits well with the time period.

8. OPTIONAL : Making a good background music.

Maybe someday I'll try to build a team to develop that shit. I don't like much fantasy or SF or horror backgrounds. I'm found of History. My fav game is Europa Universalis 4, not only because of the engine / Gameplay. History FuckYea ! I loved so much games from Impressions-Games, cause even if the gameplay was bit boring, the historical background was so gooood. Buildings, objects and stuff were amaizing.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 05:23:29 pm by darkomen »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2019, 08:28:32 pm »

You know what would be a stupid mod? A mod where literally region has a regional effect where weekly some creature resurrects. Your dwarves will be constantly fighting the dead. I wonder if resurrected dwarves count as citizens again? If so then it shouldn't effect dwarves.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2019, 08:34:34 pm »

You know what would be a stupid mod? A mod where literally region has a regional effect where weekly some creature resurrects. Your dwarves will be constantly fighting the dead. I wonder if resurrected dwarves count as citizens again? If so then it shouldn't effect dwarves.

I tried making that once. I forgot to give the resurrected beings a healing ability as well however, so they just crawled around and died again and again if their bodies were sufficiently damaged.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2019, 12:50:11 pm »

Welp, Minecon is live, and we got news of a nether update, with a new race (that will attack you, unless you wear gold, then they will ignore you, and it is possible to barter with them) called Piglins, with hostile Piglin Beasts they hunt for food. Why mention it here?

...New civ for my Minecraft civ mod thing I've been working on.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 01:02:00 pm by Asin »

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2019, 04:00:43 pm »

Welp, Minecon is live, and we got news of a nether update, with a new race (that will attack you, unless you wear gold, then they will ignore you, and it is possible to barter with them) called Piglins, with hostile Piglin Beasts they hunt for food. Why mention it here?

...New civ for my Minecraft civ mod thing I've been working on.

It also seems like a mountain rework is coming down the line. Quite a bit down the line (by minecraft standards); at least 2 major updates away. Still, it seems dwarfy!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]