Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: A list of stupid mod ideas  (Read 8200 times)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
Re: A list of stupid mod ideas
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2019, 02:54:12 am »

Also, considering we don't understand the Villager "language", I ended up giving them (and Illagers) a language based on Swedish, considering Mojang is a Swedish company.

Villagers and Endermen: Swedish
Pillagers: Finnish (available on DFFD, by me) http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11531
Zombies: Latin (included in OldGenesis)
Zombie Pigmen: pig latin... and export golden swords

Endermen civ exporting the rare Grass Blocks.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 02:57:17 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2019, 10:50:58 am »

Hmmm I'm thinking of an idea (and will be asking in the modding questions thread, and if it's been done or is do-able):

- take tallow and use it to fry/deep-fry ingredients.
- possibly increasing the value by the rate of the tallow's
- the result is a higher value ingredient

Worst case someone just keeps frying the same piece of chicken. And then makes a fried fried fried fried fried chicken roast. But hey it's a mod and if someone chooses to do that and unleash it unto the realms that is not my problem.

Similar thought, but with making jerky. Jam and other preserves are already of the Expanded Plants/Reactions mod, but idk if that's up to date.

I contemplated recently making omelets and sandwiches as edible goods made via reaction, and spices from rock salt and plants. There's plenty of room for an entire culinary arts mod.

You could for instance have a "x and cheese omelet with bacon," taking any creature egg and any creature cheese, and pig meat. Like "ostrich hen egg and cheese omelet with bacon"
You'd use a new meat material associated with the creature's egg via reaction class or whatever. " and cheese omelet with bacon" would be the name of the meat item.
Can do the same with sandwiches: "x liver sandwich with cheese" from bread (made from flour)
, cheese, and liver, getting the item from a meat type made from the creatures liver.
Someone posted that in the "what are you modding" thread they used this to make sausages, I did the same, now my dorfs get happy thoughts from their sausages.

Spices need to go on food, I was just going to use them in special recipes. Like roasted garlic and herb bread; a meat type with plant tokens, gets it's item name from "garlic and herb spice" which is made from garlic bulbs, salt, and some plants. Expensive and has a pleasant syndrome that gives happy thoughts.

Dwarves can cook spices into roasts and biscuits and stuff too, without special reactions, and that would create good thoughts from the syndrome off the spice.

I had a sticky note with like a dozen ideas for food stuff written on it. No idea where it ended up...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 10:56:11 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2019, 11:37:58 am »

I contemplated recently making omelets and sandwiches as edible goods made via reaction, and spices from rock salt and plants. There's plenty of room for an entire culinary arts mod

There's a (really) old mod called 'Food Mod' that adds a few of those. I don't think food has changed at all in the last ten years, and I remember it working. X
Would be really cool to see some logic added to the system, and I love the spice syndrome idea
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2019, 11:55:23 am »

Deebus thats practically prehistoric...

The raws are in the right format though so it should work.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2019, 03:38:02 pm »

Deebus thats practically prehistoric...

The raws are in the right format though so it should work.

Right?? I used the same format to add a couple of my own ideas, and change the level of one or two.
(Dwarves now make 4 ingredient casseroles. Expect hell)
edit: here's what I added, you know, in case you want your dwarves to have pickled tallow & turkey eggs, or dwarf syrup & plump helmet casserole

Code: [Select]
[ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_PICKLES]
[NAME:pickles]
[LEVEL:2]

[Item_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_CASSEROLE]
[NAME:casserole]
[LEVEL:4]
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 03:49:52 pm by Ianflow »
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2019, 05:52:46 pm »

Pickling! Thats something a cooking mod should incorporate! Like, don't rot/vermin can't eat them
I make Spellcrafts!

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2019, 06:11:46 pm »

Haha yup. I think at the very least like Jerky they should have a much more improved shelf-life.
At the same time it's almost moot, as forts that have enough food to preserve tend to be self-sufficient / trade mostly via them

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2019, 07:19:33 pm »

pug

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2019, 09:20:53 pm »

I don't want to hijack the thread, but hear me out on this one

Shitty Tileset Idea #1
; take a tileset with permission from a modder to edit
; now, either by way of clipping layer or other effect, replace all textured with Komaeda

Shitty Tileset Idea #2
; you know how people make complaints about newbies, or anyone, using tilesets?
; ascii tileset but all the tiles are replaced by 0's and 1's.
; the palette is Vherid's 'Ash' Palette

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2019, 04:32:53 am »

Shitty Tileset Idea #2

Each tile could be 16x16 with a single white pixel representing where it is in the tile grid. Or 4x2 being the tile’s index in binary, each pixel being a bit.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2019, 02:54:54 pm »

Shitty Tileset Idea #2

Each tile could be 16x16 with a single white pixel representing where it is in the tile grid. Or 4x2 being the tile’s index in binary, each pixel being a bit.

Let us take a moment to wonder at the glory that was... Monoscii.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2019, 03:10:58 pm »

Shitty Tileset Idea #2

Let us take a moment to wonder at the glory that was... Monoscii.
It's certainly space-efficient.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2019, 01:35:33 pm »

I'll admit, I've been considering such a conversion mod. With the Villagers being the primary playable race, Pillagers the primary invaders, and kind of building off of a mixture of both games' mechanics that way. Such as Redstone being a possible replacement for magma when it comes to fuel free smelting or some way of spawning resources to at least kind of mimic the Minecraft capabilities of it until moving fortress parts is added in. And players/humans being outsider adventurers only but are stronger than the villagers and pillagers in their baseline stats. Just something that came up in my modding brainstorming that stuck.

Speaking of Villagers and Pillagers, I actually added in Villagers as a civ into DF, alongside Illagers (I simply made Pillagers as their name for crossbowmen). I also gave Villagers Iron Golems as pets, but I haven't given the Illagers their Ravagers yet. The mod is a bit loose with how the Illagers work, kinda turning the different mobs into names for their jobs (vindicator for axeman, pillager for crossbowmen, etc). I am planning on finding a way to give the illagers an "Evoker" caste that can summon Vexs.

Also, considering we don't understand the Villager "language", I ended up giving them (and Illagers) a language based on Swedish, considering Mojang is a Swedish company.

As a Swede, as long as the word for ”hurt” is ”öh” and the word för love is ”ääää” I am fully content.

Considering I used the outdated DFLangCreate, that may not be the case. I may change it to those, should I end up releasing the mod to the public.

And are those really the Swedish words for hurt and love?

They are onomatapoetics for the hurt and love village noices :p, with a proper amount of umlauts, but it was mostly a joke. The actual words for ”hurt” and ”love” are ”skada”/”skadad” and ”kärlek” respectively.
Out of curiosity, what word list did you use as your DFlang base?

Oh crap, I forgot about this. I think I just went around and looked for a bunch of Swedish words and just shoved what I could find in DFLang, minus the umlauts because it doesn't work right with them. Consider the language a psuedo-swedish language

Villagers and Endermen: Swedish
Pillagers: Finnish (available on DFFD, by me) http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11531
Zombies: Latin (included in OldGenesis)
Zombie Pigmen: pig latin... and export golden swords

Endermen civ exporting the rare Grass Blocks.

Why would Endermen speak the Swedish language?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 01:37:45 pm by Asin »

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2019, 01:58:50 pm »

Minecraft zombies don’t feel to me like they’d be building a civilization. I think they (and creepers, spiders and skeletons) are better fit for being nonintelligent creatures found in caverns and evil biomes. Evil biomes because restricting them to be night-only wouldn’t work in fort mode, and you’d get swarms of zombies all time any time.

Of course, to make sure the player is still encountering zombies and the like you could put all the iron ore far enough into the earth for there to be caverns in the proximity.

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2019, 11:16:53 am »

Endermen should speak English backwards.
Also I would actually play this mod.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 11:19:46 am by TheRedwolf »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5