Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: A list of stupid mod ideas  (Read 8187 times)

LargeSnail

• Bay Watcher
  • Sluggish Modder
    • View Profile
Re: A list of stupid mod ideas
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2019, 04:28:40 pm »

A terraria mod would be awesome. A long time ago I was thinking in creating one, but I didn't know if the community would like it.

I will retake that work now. And this time, with lots of DFhack.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2019, 04:32:46 pm »

I havent played a lot of Terraria but I feel like that would be a hard mod to pull off and not just feel like dwarf fortress

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2019, 06:56:57 pm »

wow this blew up. lol
My (long abandoned) mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2019, 04:30:43 am »

I havent played a lot of Terraria but I feel like that would be a hard mod to pull off and not just feel like dwarf fortress
It wouldn't be that bad if you only stuck to plantlife, metals and creatures. I generally dont think mechanics of most other games, especially ones like Terraria, translate well to DF.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2019, 11:52:07 pm »

It wouldn't be that bad if you only stuck to plantlife, metals and creatures. I generally dont think mechanics of most other games, especially ones like Terraria, translate well to DF.

I agree! You should keep things to a simple paintjob where possible
My (long abandoned) mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2019, 09:16:19 pm »

I wanted, a long time ago, to do a cryptids mod. I even started on it, but it never got real far. I had an alphabetized list I stole from wikipedia and started working down based on which ones actually sounded interesting, and made it to like the c's. that was back pre-body-material translation, so those old raws are so completely irrelevant now its hilarious how much work would have to go into making them functional again, so it would be a "start over from scratch" scenario.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2019, 01:01:47 am »

That sounds fun. Why'd you stop working on it?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2019, 02:34:13 am »

Cryptids are indeed quite fun, I made a set of them for my halloween pack - obv rare but I think it gives more of an incentive to put out cage traps on the surface in order to capture one.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2019, 02:43:28 am »

So, I started actual work on the Neopets idea, for the memes. currently im just adding some of the Weird and Wacky(tm) plants from the site, and likely stuff from the "hub" area and the small sub-areas around it that share a "generalist" theme, but i like this idea.

Next I'm gonna start doing random themed worlds.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 02:49:35 am by Kyubee »

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2019, 05:50:30 am »

I also started a north america cryptids mod awhile back but stopped working on it too lol

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2019, 03:06:41 pm »

I like this stuff, maybe I should start on a cryptid mod and abandon it too. I thought about doing one once, but vanilla Dwarf Fortress has yetis and sasquatches and those are the best ones already.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 03:16:35 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2019, 05:35:50 pm »

I like this stuff, maybe I should start on a cryptid mod and abandon it too. I thought about doing one once, but vanilla Dwarf Fortress has yetis and sasquatches and those are the best ones already.

No Agropelters though

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2019, 05:41:19 pm »

I hadn't heard of that one. Gonna have to stick with what I said about the Sasquatch, but that does look like a fun creature.
My mods and forum games.

catacombs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2019, 09:39:53 pm »

« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 10:46:17 am by catacombs »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2019, 03:57:37 am »

I hadn't heard of that one. Gonna have to stick with what I said about the Sasquatch, but that does look like a fun creature.
Its fun in a really stupid way. Worked on that one alongside other "fearsome critters" for my horror pack update. Nothing like not spotting one sneaking around the map and a citizen suddenly getting a wood chunk thrown at them, breaking a limb.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5