Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Promontory [4/4]  (Read 15325 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Promontory [4/4]
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2019, 06:39:35 am »

Wait a minute for my senses to come back, then use my knife to skin one of the werewolf things so I can make a hat out of it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2019, 07:53:02 pm »

Dominic searches the nest and surrounding area for other useful objects. He also checks over the corpses to determine whether there's anything potentially useful that could be carved out of them, aside from the usual bodily tissues.

"We should probably go and burn up the spiders after we're done here. Then we can try using that keycard to open the safe."

Dread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Promontory [3/4 - Signups open]
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2019, 08:32:00 pm »

((Turbo has been removed for inactivity. Character slot freed, sign-ups open.))

############################################################################

Burt, after a short rest to regain his senses, takes out his knife and sets to work skinning the nearest fallen beast.

Yara pockets the keycard and picks up one of her spent flechettes. Though the dart itself is intact, the compressed air cartridge that propelled it is spent. Unless she throws it, this particular projectile won't be seeing combat again.

Dominic scours the room for anything else of use. Dust, various animal bones, and thoroughly rusted metal are his rewards. Next he inspects the corpses - Nothing of interest there either, only the organs and body parts one might expect of a large predator. What does interest him is when he leans out into the elevator shaft and shines his headlamp straight downwards.

A good twenty feet below, the shaft is blocked by jagged rocks and broken piping. Atop these, punctured in several places and bent in an unnatural shape, lies Turbo. Evidently the luckless scavenger had lost their grip on the ledge and plummeted down to the waiting death below. Next to the body lie Turbo's backpack and double-barreled shotgun.

It's a difficult and bloody job, but Burt eventually manages to get the skin off the werewolf. He holds it up and shakes gore off the hide. It's much larger than he needs for a hat; large enough for a cloak or blanket, even. But he'd probably want to wash it before actually donning the thing, as it still stinks of death.

Spoiler: Dominic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Burt (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yara (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Turbo (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Promontory [3/4 - Signups Open]
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2019, 08:40:29 pm »

Use my hunting knife to try and butcher the organs for later cooking

TheLastDino

• Bay Watcher
  • Prefers not to die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 14, 2019, 06:01:32 am »

Name: Akkad
Anything else you think is important. Appearance?: Black curly hair and a moderately sized beard. Looks to be in his early or mid-30s. Brown skin.
Starting Vehicle: Wasterunner
Starting Weapon: Submachine gun
Starting Mod: Prosthetic leg
"If magic can't solve a problem, the answer is always more magic." - Whisperling

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2019, 06:14:29 am »

"I wouldn't eat one of these werewolf things who knows what kind of shit they've been into or what even made them."
Grab one of the containers of oil and take it to the spider room, then pour it all over everything in there and set it on fire.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2019, 06:33:29 pm »

Detach Turbo's prosthetic legs by whatever means necessary. Stow them in the parking garage. Also take all the rest of his stuff, especially the shotgun.

Next, make sure that all the generators are turned off so that Burt doesn't get shot at while he burns up the spiders.

Dread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2019, 07:03:46 pm »

Yara removes the skinned creature's stomach, heart, liver, and tongue before looking around for something to store them in. She doesn't have any useful container at present, forcing her to leave the grisly prizes atop the beast's corpse until she can devise some way to carry them. She could simply place them in her backpack, but the fluids dripping from the organs make that an unpleasant concept.

Burt heads up a floor and returns carrying an open box filled with black fluid. He takes the steps carefully so as not to spill the oil and descends slowly to the bottom floor. He then circles the perimeter of the great spider nest, sloshing black gold onto the labyrinthine mazes of webs at frequent interval. The spiders nearby flee, while those too close are trapped in the oil and quickly drown.

The box is empty and Burt now needs to start a fire. He has no flint or matches, so resorts to using his rifle. First he takes out a cartridge and carefully removes the bullet. He takes a scrap of wood from the ground, pours the gunpowder within the cartridge into a small pile atop it, and places the wood onto a pool of oil. Finally, he loads the empty cartridge into his rifle and takes aim at the pile of powder.

A sharp crack, a whoosh of flame, and the oil is alight. Burt steps back to admire his handiwork, watching the fire climb to the ceiling and spread across the room. Thousands of tiny black shapes scurry around, trying desperately to escape the searing heat. Few do.

As the oil begins to burn up the fire takes hold of the broken furniture. It flares brightly, rapidly consuming the old wood. Soon it will die off, but at the moment the room is becoming oppressively hot.

Dominic ensures the generators are disabled before climbing down the side of the elevator shaft. At the bottom he sets to work scavenging Turbo's supplies, prioritizing the shotgun and shells. It's the prosthetic leg that is most difficult to recover - attached somehow to the bone of the knee, it requires a great deal of prying and cutting to remove. But remove it he does. Dominic transfers the newfound supplies to his backpack, slings the shotgun over his shoulder, and climbs back up the elevator shaft.

Dominic hauls himself up and onto the second floor. Burt watches the flames rise higher. Yara considers the beast meat before her.
The ground vibrates slightly beneath them, and a sound filters down from aboveground. It sounds like an engine.

Akkad hits the brakes as he crests yet another short, grassy hill. This one is different than the hundreds of others he'd seen on the way here. For one, a gaping rectangular hole opens in the earth at its base. The ruin he's been told about, no doubt. But he's not the first to arrive. Two vehicles are parked outside - a truck and a wasterunner, of similar construction as the one in which he now sits. Other scavengers. Judging by how the vehicles are still here, they're still inside.

Spoiler: Akkad (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2019, 07:56:22 pm »

see if the organs fit in one of the skulls. When the fire dies down, head to the safe with the keycard and see what’s inside

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 15, 2019, 06:51:52 am »

"Sense Turbo's dead I want the bike, because I can put it in the back of my truck."
Wait for the fire to die down then enter the room ans see whats left, grab anything that looks useful.

TheLastDino

• Bay Watcher
  • Prefers not to die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2019, 09:58:06 pm »

"Guess I'm late."
Enter the cave.
"If magic can't solve a problem, the answer is always more magic." - Whisperling

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 16, 2019, 03:07:44 pm »

Dominic drags some furniture from the nest room to the hallway outside the room with the spiders. He prioritizes stuff like tables or stools that could make good climbing aids.

Dread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 16, 2019, 03:18:31 pm »

Yara carefully extracts the skull of the butchered creature, turns it upside down, and stuffs the organs into its cranium. A much better alternative than pocketing the meat, to be sure.

Burt examines the area as the fire begins to die. There's nothing left, save for the safe in the center and copious amounts of ash. Yara joins him, treading carefully through the aftermath to press the back of the blue keycard to the panel atop the safe. Nothing happens - the lock seems to require power to open.

Dominic collects a sturdy-looking table and chair, hauling them down to the lower floor. By placing the chair on top of the table, he is easily able to touch the roof.

Akkad shoulders his pack, picks up his gun, locks his car doors, and heads off into the ruin. The tunnel is large, rectangular, and slowly slopes downwards until it opens into a much larger room. The room is filled with dirt, and a series earthern mounds are lined up off to his left. At the far end of the chambers, a pair of doors open into another chamber - a workshop of some sort. At the far end of the workshop, a set of stairs leads deeper underground. He can hear something down there - banging and scraping, as if furniture was being moved.

Spoiler: Akkad (click to show/hide)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 16, 2019, 03:27:02 pm »

"I'm going to blow up that gun on the ceiling. You might want to leave the room."

Dominic moves the furniture into the center of the room, then stands on it so that he can reach the ceiling.

He uses a bit of adhesive to stick one of his high explosive grenades to the gun. Then he sets a very long fuse - around five minutes or so - and moves back into the hallway until he's at a safe distance.

After the explosion, assuming that the gun has been obliterated, he restores power to the room so that we can unlock the safe.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 16, 2019, 03:31:46 pm »

Follow Dominic to the hallway and wait for Dominic to restore power to the room, when power is restored, try the keycard again
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11