Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Promontory [4/4]  (Read 15320 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Promontory [4/4]
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2019, 03:03:17 am »

Use my knife to remove the skull from one of the dead werewolf things, then after the explosion go down stairs and see gets pulled out of the safe.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TheLastDino

• Bay Watcher
  • Prefers not to die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2019, 05:45:43 pm »

Head towards the banging noises.
"If magic can't solve a problem, the answer is always more magic." - Whisperling

Dread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2019, 06:54:14 pm »

Dominic takes down his furniture ladder and reassembles it over top of the sealed safe. Taking a high-explosive grenade and the vial of adhesive out of his pack, he climbs up to the ceiling. This puts him face-to-face with the barrel of the turret - which he can now see beyond any doubt is, indeed, a gun. He smears some of the adhesive onto the weapon - it's extremely sticky - and attaches the grenade. He waits a moment to ensure the glue holds, and then cuts off a long length of string which he attaches to the ignition mechanism of the grenade. Taking a deep breath, he lights the end of the fuse and quickly leaves the area. Yara takes the cue to also flee the room and waits with Dominic outside of the blast radius.

Akkad descends the stairs, and quickly steps into another large room. This one is filled with dust and the ruins of furniture, arranged into a strange ring like a nest. At the far side lie two huge, inhuman corpses. One of the bodies is missing its skin, head, and several organs. A balding man with a rifle slung over his shoulder is working on the other corpse, seemingly working on decapitating the thing. The man looks up as Akkad enters the room, blood still dripping from the knife in his hand.

Step. Clink. Step. Clink. Step. Clink.

Footsteps coming down the stairs. Burt looks up as a dark-haired, bearded man appears, holding a submachine gun. He's missing a leg, replaced by a prosthesis not unlike the one Turbo had had.

Boom. An explosion shakes the ground, causing Akkad to stumble. A blast from nearby, likely the floor directly beneath the one on which he stands. The balding man seems unsurprised.

When the dust has settled, Yara and Dominic re-enter the room. There's nothing left of the turret on the roof - just a smoking crater and shards of broken metal scattered on the floor. Dominic plugs into a nearby port on the wall and restarts the generator, while Yara swipes her keycard on the safe. A brief pause, and then a series of metallic noises as the locks disengage. Yara takes hold of the handle and opens the safe.

Inside the safe is a number of objects. First, a small metal lockbox complete with key. Inside the box, packed carefully in foam padding, are two cylindrical plastic containers. Neither Yara nor Dominic can read the lettering that covers their surface, but it looks a lot like warnings.

Second, a six-cylinder revolver loaded with pistol cartridges. A device is mounted on top of the weapon; some sort of sight perhaps? A box of ammunition for the weapon is placed nearby.

Third, an extremely thin device of no discernible purpose packed with tubes and wiring which seem to lead nowhere. A series of small polymer slats on the outside appear to open or close like window blinds.

Finally, a pouch containing thirty round silver coins. Arasti currency - not commonly used nowadays, but by no means worthless.

############################################################################

Spoiler: Dominic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Burt (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yara (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Akkad (click to show/hide)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2019, 07:12:58 pm »

Dominic carefully opens one of the plastic cylinders, ready to close it again if the stuff inside looks even slightly dangerous to be around.

Then he examines the thin device. He tries to determine whether he has any idea what it is, whether it has an on switch (he does not actually press anything), and whether the facility systems contain info about any of this stuff.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 07:39:48 pm by Whisperling »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2019, 07:27:15 pm »

take the other cylinder, along with the lockbox. Give Dominic 15 coins, take the other 15 coins along with the pouch, and the revolver and ammo. Then stay with Dominic and learn what he does from the systems

Dread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2019, 07:39:38 pm »

Dominic carefully unscrews the lid of one container and checks inside. Within the container is a small, stoppered glass vial completely filled with milky white liquid. The vial smells faintly of almonds.

Next he examines the thin device. It has no switch, button, lever, or other obvious means of activating the system. His best guess given the shape and weight is that it's some form of cybernetic implant, but he hasn't the faintest idea of what it's supposed to do. The facility interface don't help, either - the safe is named securestorage-executivepersonnel in the file system, but there is no mention of its contents.

Yara takes the lockbox and remaining cylinder, which contains the same almond-scented vial as Dominic's. She also takes the pouch of coins, revolver, and ammunition, leaving fifteen of the coins for him.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 17, 2019, 08:12:48 pm »

"There's one more thing I think that card might unlock. Mind following me or handing it off?"

Dominic takes the implant, the vial, and the fifteen coins and goes back to the locked door, preferably with Yara/the card.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 08:16:26 pm by Whisperling »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2019, 08:17:57 pm »

“Yes, I will come with you”
Follow Dominic

TheLastDino

• Bay Watcher
  • Prefers not to die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2019, 09:12:58 pm »

Go through the tunnel in the wall.
"If magic can't solve a problem, the answer is always more magic." - Whisperling

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2019, 06:22:30 am »

"Hey guys, someone new just showed up thought you guys might want to know."
Finish cutting the werewolf thing's head off, then follow Dominic to wherever he's heading.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Dread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2019, 11:29:32 am »

Dominic pockets the unknown cybernetic, the vial of fluid, and his share of the coins before heading back up to the first floor with Yara and her card close behind.

Burt plants a foot against the mutated wolf's shoulder and heaves on the partially-detached upper jaw. With an unpleasant ripping noise the remaining muscle and tendon gives way, freeing the beast's skull from its fleshy prison. This done, Burt takes the skull and follows the others up the stairs.

Akkad, meanwhile, passes by Burt. Behind the beasts' nest a wide tunnel is punched into the wall. He enters the tunnel and follows it. Upwards it goes, first gently sloping and then steepening until he's clambering up a forty-five degree wall of dirt. After a few slips and slides, Akkad emerges from the tunnel - back on the surface. Looking around, he determines that he's only one hill over from where his car is parked.

Dominic and co reach the ruined workshop, where he indicates the locked door in the wall. Yara swipes the card, and again a metallic noise signals its acceptance. Dominic opens the door to find a small supply closet, largely filled with the remnants of cleaning supplies. A few things do catch the party's eye, however. A metal case about three feet long and two wide, containing three layers of foam padding. A series of disassembled pistols are packed into the foam - Receivers on one layer, slides on another, magazines on a third. All told there looks to be about a dozen of the weapons, all pristine as if just shipped out from a manufacturing facility. Next a searchlight, of the kind one might see mounted on a militarized vehicle. Thirdly and finally, a set of replacement magbike wheels. These ones appear different from the standard equipment, having a strip of blue around the circumference.

############################################################################

Spoiler: Dominic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Burt (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yara (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Akkad (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 18, 2019, 11:56:45 am »

Take the magibike wheels and the searchlight, then look for a way up
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 01:13:37 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 18, 2019, 01:04:02 pm »

"Looks like we've found most of the good stuff. Probably time to wrap it up."

Dominic assembles one of the pistols and leaves the rest for Burt. If the furniture or any remnants of the turret look like valuable scrap, he loads some of it into his vehicle.

"I'm heading off to a city so that I can get my loot appraised. You're all welcome to join me."
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 01:10:12 pm by Whisperling »

TheLastDino

• Bay Watcher
  • Prefers not to die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 18, 2019, 05:59:57 pm »

"Guess I was too late."
Head for Wasterunner.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 19, 2019, 04:28:14 am »

Gather the pistols and assemble them and grab anything else in the closet that looks useful, then head out and grab Turbo's bike and put it in the back of my truck.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11