Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21

Author Topic: CYOGTCG: A TCG game where you make your own cards! Decks created: 7  (Read 20470 times)

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG: A TCG game where you make your own cards! Decks created: 3
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2019, 12:37:29 pm »

No problem Failbird  :D

Anyway, To start my turn I will draw one card putting my hand at 8 (+1 from ritual fodder last turn and draw now)

Hand: 8
Hearts:20
Stars:2

Well then, I will pay 1 star and play my Merling Hermit from my hand.
After I summon my hermit, I will activate my Blood witches effect, allowing me to deal 1 damage to my merling and in turn deal 1 to destroy your agent.

After that, I will have my blood witch attacks your Sweeper, removing it from the field and dealing 2 points of damage to my Naga.
With that I will end my turn.

As I end my turn, hermits effect activates, giving all monster on my board 1 heart, putting my hermit back at 1/6 and my naga back at 4/5

Spoiler: My board (click to show/hide)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2019, 07:44:23 am »

It's been a while, my apologies! I draw.

Hand: 4
Hearts: 18
Stars: 2

I play a card face down for two Stars, and end my turn. Since you cannot read the effect as it is face down I will say; this card can be attacked while face down.
Spoiler: My board (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 07:48:00 am by Failbird105 »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2019, 04:23:29 pm »

Clarification on face down card rules:

A card that is face down can neither be attacked or prevent you from being attacked unless stated otherwise.

In this case, the face down card specifically can be attacked so you can attack it with any cards that are capable of attacking. The card cannot prevent your opponent from being attacked directly until it is flipped. You may do a partial action where you attack the card, which will cause it to flip and do whatever, then finish the turn after that is resolved.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2019, 04:42:59 pm »

Ok, With that clarified I will start my turn by drawing a card.

Hand: 8
Hearts: 20
Stars:1

Well then, This could go terribly right or terribly wrong. I will start this off by summoning my Merling Slave to the field.
Spoiler: Merling Slave (click to show/hide)
Afterward, I will activate blood witchs effect, dealing 3 to my slave in order to deal 3 damage to Failbird105, putting you down to 15.
With my slave destroyed, I am able to summon a 0 cost merling straight from my hand. Welcome back Ritual Fodder

To bring your health down even farther, My hermit and blood witch will attack you directly as well, dealing 5 damage to you and bringing you down to 10 Hearts total!

As I end my turn, Hermits effect activates, setting blood witch a 4/6, my hermit at 1/7 and my fodder at 2/2

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Depending on what that card does, I'm either in for a win or a rather bad time.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2019, 04:51:19 pm »

Just to be certain, I can flip a card whenever I want(on my turn that is), right?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2019, 05:23:04 pm »

Yes. Provided that it doesn't specifically say you can't of course.
... I think I see what is about to happen!

I'm also going to point out that the Merling effect "All monsters gain 1 heart" would also apply to your card.
Because the effect says "All monsters".
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 05:26:24 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2019, 05:32:41 pm »

Yes. Provided that it doesn't specifically say you can't of course.
... I think I see what is about to happen!

I'm also going to point out that the Merling effect "All monsters gain 1 heart" would also apply to your card.
Because the effect says "All monsters".
oOOOooo

Well. The bait didn't work as I intended, but this was better than what I meant to do! So whatever! I draw

Hand: 4
Hearts: 10

First, I play another PE Box
Spoiler: PE Box (click to show/hide)

Then, I flip over Der Freishutz, activating its on-flip effect, allowing me to deal 5 damage to your Naga Bloodwitch.
Spoiler: Der Freishutz (click to show/hide)
Then, I pay one star to activate its effect, finishing off your Naga Bloodwitch and destroying your Ritual Fodder.

Finally, I play Crimson Dawn, bringing me down to only 9 hearts, but summoning 3 Cheers for the Start tokens.
Spoiler: Crimson Dawn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: My Board (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 05:36:50 pm by Failbird105 »

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2019, 06:03:50 pm »

Haha,  I see that if I hadn't gotten greedy for 1 more damage and kept my Slave around, my blood witch would have survived. silly me  :'(

Anyway, This is quite the situation.
When my ritual fodder was destroyed, I gain a Star putting me back at 2 and it returns to my hand, putting me back at 7 cards before I make my draw for the turn.

Hand:8
Hearts: 20

Hmmm, I will definitely need to tweak this deck around, I feel like it has two schools of thought and not enough of either to really commit to one. Not enough swarm to take advantage of all the 0 cost's and not enough Star generation to take advantage of the high end I've made, leading to quite a few dead cards in hand if I can't draw the right pieces.

Anyway, I thankfully have a way out of the situation I've put myself in, By paying all my stars (2) and summoning a second Blood witch from my hand to replace the one that has fallen. I will use her effect, dealing 5 damage to my hermit in order to destroy your Der Freishutz and leaving my Hermit with 2 hearts remaining.
After that My hermit will pop one of your Cheer tokens by attacking it.

By ending my turn, My hermit's effect activates and as such your tokens become 0/2, my blood witch becomes 4/7 and my hermit will be healing back to 1/3.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2019, 08:32:02 pm »

Hmmm, I will definitely need to tweak this deck around, I feel like it has two schools of thought and not enough of either to really commit to one. Not enough swarm to take advantage of all the 0 cost's and not enough Star generation to take advantage of the high end I've made, leading to quite a few dead cards in hand if I can't draw the right pieces.
By Zoe do I get what you mean. I almost wish I could go back and re-make my deck, because there's a bunch of things I'd change after having spent the time to think it through.

I'm talking a couple cards completely reworked, a keyword to cut a whole two or more lines off of a solid third of my cards, and a significant number of cards given a 'one copy per deck' effect(might lump it in with the keyword since all the cards with the keyword would have it.)

Anyway, tired right now, will do stuff when I wake up.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 08:34:25 pm by Failbird105 »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2019, 10:28:48 pm »

This is interesting. I've decided to make a deck for it.

Basically simplified yugioh but it's Create Your Own. Traces of Hearthstone and Pokemon TCG. Potential for MtG mechanics (what I know best), due to CYO nature. I like it.

How long has the current match been going on?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2019, 11:41:08 pm »

I'm going to say right now, whoever is first ready to, whether new deck or not, I'm itching for a game.

Think we should have a list on the first post to clarify who has ready decks for challenging?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2019, 11:36:32 am »

I'm working on getting my deck finished at the moment, actually. So I may be your opponent.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2019, 03:42:47 pm »

Welp. After over a month, three people submitted stuff simultaneously. Expect some GM delays with this.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG: A TCG game where you make your own cards! Decks created: 4
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2019, 07:14:08 pm »

Getting one card in particular hammered out, trying to balance it's effect with the GM's idea of balance.  :P
Other than that one, I'm ready.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG: A TCG game where you make your own cards! Decks created: 4
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2019, 08:09:03 pm »

Another deck has been made.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21