Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Gods Of Creation: IV (IC)  (Read 2593 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Gods Of Creation: IV (IC)
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2019, 09:47:20 pm »

”Yes if this concise Grand Pantheon can be created, but it needs to be more... concrete?, how will all mortals on this world know of such an edict has been created and that their are newcomers to this old material plane. Would this endeavor be a 5 Act Global Blessing?, and yes it is sad to see that all of the new gods don’t have a source of income, and if you need assistance in that area I may be able to give acts and provide advice.”

As for the Demigod of Peace, I can take on the objective for creating it and creating its basic personalities and goals, but if anyone wants to personally take the job to create this individual than I’d be willing to give the acts so that this creature is made

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2019, 01:14:03 pm »

Turning toward Rexi Holdor, Nikocene looked the being up and down, noting the red cloak, golden ornately-designed mask, four scythe-like bony appendages, and curved sword. Her pale lips curling into a small sneer, Nikocene's expression became hard. "Oh we're going to get along really smoothly, God of Chaos" she replied, making sure to put the appropriate amount of venom into that one word.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2019, 02:40:45 pm »

Julius ponders on the earthen god's proposal for a time, walking as it does. "It seems that you have more than sufficient support amongst the other deities, Tauron. My energies, I believe, must be turned elsewhere." The cervid returns to peering down upon the world, looking back up only at Nikocene's comment.

"Rexillium was, and still is a respected member of the Troonar quade- er, trideorum. Malice is not appreciated.", it says in neutral tone. Its words said, Julius starts to Act. During the exile of the Elders, Julius had come upon the theory that ambient magic could be converted into a source of divine power. Now, it could finally put that theory to action. Investing one Act of Life, and another typical Act, Julius coalesces the energy into an obelisk-like ebony tree, the interior filled with organic machinery. Upon rooting, it will spread its fibrous roots through the soil, to siphon some of the ambient magic back to the heartwood of the tree. There, it will be purified into divine energy and carried up a lattice of vines climbing ever upwards to space, where Julius -- and perhaps other gods, with permission -- might glean some energy from it.

Of course, this would be useless without a decent positioning, the ideal location for which would produce vast quantities of magic, without being able to siphon any from mortals. Where else but Carociber could it go? The mad land led to animal souls being spilled in masse greater than anywhere else, and the magic generated during the lands' cycling lives was incredible. As such, the Reaper's Obelisk would be planted upon the continent.

Spend 1 Life act & 1 Act to create an Artifact in Carociber that converts some of the ambient Life magic into Acts.

Avanti!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2019, 05:27:38 pm »

Meitana considered the situation. Nikocene, Lodmjir and Tauron seemed in favor of the Pantheon idea. Julius appeared uninterested, as did Rexilium who had the added complication of being inherently incompatible with Nikocene. She was still unclear on the thoughts of the other gods.

Meitana spoke. "I am in agreement. A 5 Act Global Blessing would be the best way to go about it. Between the four of us, that is to say myself, Nikocene, Lodmjir and Tauron, we would have enough power to both make this proclamation and birth unto the world a demigod. Personally, I would recommend creating this demigod using one Sphere Act from each member of the new pantheon; that it may serve as a champion of the new faith. I would also be willing to contribute 2 acts towards a global blessing"

"But before all that... We should first ensure that we are all in agreement on the actual ideals that we wish to impose upon this world. Based on my observations, I think it would be something a little bit like this. Please correct me if you disagree or if there is anything that you would like to add. The pantheon name is also up for debate."

"AHEM!"

"~Our pantheon would exist for the purpose of maintaining Order, Balance, and Peace on this world. Our edicts shall be absolute, not open to interpretation, that those who follow us may live their short mortal lives free of the terrors of the void, now and for all time! And all malefactors lurking from beyond the pale who would defy the divine will of the gods shall be driven back from whence they came, that the authority of the gods not be vulnerable to alien design!~"

Seeming a bit flustered, Meitana then adds "Um... Does that sound right to you? I think I may have missed a few things."
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2019, 07:40:59 pm »

Julius' obelisk in formation explodes into ash, soot, and a note saying "Nice Try". The cervid god chucks the materials into a visible volcano, and sighs.

"Meitana, the idea is tempting, but absolutism is something I tend to disfavor. We're gods, not god-kings. Attempting to establish hegemony would simply draw ire from Rexilium and Typheus. However, I would appreciate cooperation in order to better the lives of the mortals and defend from world-ending threats."

Seeing one's theories fail is disheartening, but Julius had a few other ideas to try out. The Shishagi were a peculiar sight, to one who had seen their ancestors drive the Incilatro from the planet. One of them would make an interesting Prophet. It looks downwards to find one with an open mind and a touch of adventure, and begins to knit essence into its soul. First comes an Act of Life, infusing the Shishagi (Shigagum? Shishagin?) with some control over plant and animal alike. This comes in the form of healing powers, capacity to promote or kill plant growth, controlling the actions of beasts, and even more. A normal Act goes towards bolstering these powers, and giving them strengthened ability to use their natural life magic.

Finally, another normal act creates a large tome filled with a history of the Ishagi's ancient past, some information about the history of the Incilatro and the Troon, and a description of Julius and its worship practices. Finally, there is a spell enchanted into the tome designed to allow the new Prophet the ability to communicate with Julius without going mad. Others could try, but it wouldn't end well for them due to lacking the correct connection as a Prophet.

Julius spends a Life Act and an Act to create a Prophet with some neat druid powers, and spends another Acto to make an artifact tome that lets the prophet communicate with Julius relatively freely.

Avanti!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2019, 07:55:45 pm »

The Old Typheus sat motionless, on a cosmic throne drifting in the endless expanses of the upper realms. The Old God slept deeply, undisturbed, dreaming. And so the world turned for aeons, untouched by Typheus and the other Gods...

Until his eyes opened. His gaze first turned toward his offspring, and his first words were to them.

"My children..."

He was glad. They were alive, and thrived in his absence. It seems the monstrous siblings were opposed in a strife, but it didn't matter much. Such was the way of life, and if their wills brought this situation, then so be it. All that mattered was that they were well.

There was only one regret on the mind of Typheus. Before the great slumber took him, he was about the grant a great gift to the Farones/Farlanders. But he wasn't fast enough, and thus these mortals had to fend for themselves without their fated gift. A tragedy indeed, one that Typheus was determined to set right.

Crushing in his palm 2 Acts, Typheus blessed the Farones/Farlanders with the Secret of Evolution: a power which allows its users to reshape organic matter at will, repurposing it or cultivating it. Along with the gift, came knowledge of how to use it, as well as the origin of the Farones/Farlanders.

[I am the Old God Typheus, Of Monsters, Might and Bravery... It is I who brought your people to this world, many ages ago. You were a chosen people, born from the carcass of a behemoth, a people born of themselves, godless orphans. I was supposed to grant you a great gift, but the Great Slumber took me before my powers reached you, and so I have come to give you your birthright. This is the Secret of Evolution, use it wisely.]

For now, he decided to hold on his Might Act, having plans for the next cycle of power. He contacted Calyvaro and Eurythia, speaking to them with the pride of a father who sees his now grown children after many years.
"Calyvaro... Eurythia... My beloved children, I am back. It is with great pride that I see you lived and thrived in my absence, carving your own paths and writing your own stories. I have been gone for long, way too long, and as such I don't have the right to force your choices. You seem to be in conflict, and both of you are equally precious to me. I will side with both of you, and none at the same time.

I will gather my power for one cycle. At the end of this cycle, I shall create a Mighty Artifact, one so powerful its wielder will surely dominate all of Pangaea. But if you were to instead forget your past strife, and work together, then this Artifact will surely lead you to conquer the whole World. This Artifact shall be placed in such a way that both of you will have an equal chance to gain possession of it. Make me proud, my children." (also I wouldn't mind if you told me what happened during my absence, we got a lot to catch up on)

« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 08:14:40 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2019, 07:56:52 pm »

Typheus waved at the Ol' Gods.
"I am glad to see you again, old friends."

Typheus listened a bit more closely to what the other Gods were saying.
” Hmm yes it's been many cycles since the last time we saw this world that we all collabratively all created but there is one big concern that happened throughout the course of the world and the many demigods that fold, a creature of peace and diplomacy should be created and whatnot if one of the strongest creatures that we can place upon the world; a demigod.

Julius, I beseech you, or any other gods that would like to put their thoughts into this, the Incilatro and other mortals have suffered, I am willing to bestow an Earth Act and Two Acts for the creation of an demigod of peacekeeping, redemption, diplomacy, general preserver of life, etc and the only thing I instigate is that the entity is placed upon Pangea so that the verisimilitude and cosmopolitan races on that area can all be united for once in its history, a loose collaboration of city states is what I really only want, but really making sure that Pangea isn't wrapped in war or other acts of devastation for a future time.

Something caught his attention.
”...but really making sure that Pangea isn't wrapped in war or other acts of devastation for a future time.

"..."

Typheus whistled away.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 08:01:01 pm by Nakéen »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2019, 10:29:03 pm »

Spoiler: Religious system (click to show/hide)
Realizing no one is going to fund his harebrained scheme, Rex Pays in 1 Chaos act and Two normal acts himself.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2019, 11:05:16 pm »

Micro Update: Offers

The reawakening not this world has attracted many to your realms. Those interested in the building of something new, those who seek to pollenate their flock, and the vultures looking to capitalize on an opportunity.

The first is a strange demigod, Uzanopiki. they appear as an immense swarm of tiny specks. "Hither I come onto the Divines," says the swarm in unison. It's tone formal and it's accent natural, reminiscent of flowering field full of insects. "The Eternal Swarm sees many a flower upon this world reinvigorated by the Spring of Time resprung. Myselves buzz in anticipation of many a savor of flavor. Lo, my manners, I've forgotten them under your local banners. I offer this, Divines, a race of mortals befit such a locale chaparral. The Vilfolk, as one would pronounce in this land. A tiny race, the size of ones hand. They are indeed a diminutive brood, but I assure your, in numbers, they are multitude.  I offer them to you, for free. Though I do ask, a favor to be done, for me. A home for them carved would be, absolutely mandatory. Two turns of the wheel of Time, one would have, or else a future, unsublime." The Vilfolk from what you can gather are a small humanoid race standing under two feet tall. They are not squat as many small races are, but proportional to most humanoids. They have black and yellow fir, like a bee, yet have green  scales across their back, starting from their forehead. This also covers their feet, which are lizardlike. Their faces also share reptilian qualities, though their faces and most of their front is furry. They have a mane like a lion and the general layout of a bipedal agamid lizard.

The next deity is some sort of spirit, though you are unfamiliar with their more mollusk like features. "I am Ungorwat, the Sea of Slugs and Pain of Palimum." They appear mostly as a squid with only 3 wide flat tentacles that flap as it talks. It has one single eye and is a pleasant blue and white ombre. "Much of this land is no good to me. Though I see potential. In exchange for a small kingdom upon, as you call it, Pangea, I will gift to you a small continent I acquired. Though, I do require that the kingdom in your land be protected in good faith, lest my gift to you will sink beneath the sea. Like many things, this continent was dredged from the depths, I have little knowledge as to what it contains. A race of mortals here or there, a strange ruin or was it a cavern, probably at least one kind of monster, and something else, I'm sure I've forgotten something. It has been sitting in a strange world, who knows what could have latched on."

The third is an angel. Their skin is black and charred with rivers of white flowing liquid flowing in channels across it pouring from beneath it's helmet in two channels, like tars. They are armored, though their armor stops at each of the channels, consistenting of floating pieces across their body. They brandish no weapon, though menace as though they are armed heavily. "Anakra. I have come here to sell my slaves, captured from sundered realms. Their world's have fallen before my kin and I. They have no use for us now, these spoils of war. I sell each for one act apeice. The first are the Scalekin. Vile weaklings, crushed beneath my holy heel. Their intellect was little aid against my might. The next are the Bulcans. Lumbering brutes, rotten of flesh and soul. These twisted things were lucky to survive at all. Lastly the Paricum. Splinters of a whole, shattered by my fist. These shards are of little value at all."

The last god is one of malice and green ice, a whispy smoke beneath a frosted empty cloak. "No names, no questions. I need a place to stash a few things for an eternity or two. One act for each of them. One Weird act for the bad one. Look, I said no questions. "
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 11:06:59 pm by Roboson »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2019, 11:16:08 pm »

Storing things? I Know a good place or two they could be left for now, yes burried within the land known as Carociber would be a perfect place for things that shouldn't see the light of dawn for the next eternity.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 11:55:39 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2019, 11:17:32 pm »

”The offer provides by the god which doesn’t have a name right?, yes let’s call you Malice because you haven’t declared a name. I would humbly take your artifacts into a perfectly safe locations for the trade of an Act and Weird Act.

If the proposal by you is accepted, I would place them on each a different Odontos Islands on their Archipelago, they would assuredly be safe there when you need collection of them for the future

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2019, 11:45:21 pm »

Finally finding the time (and after a false start - or rather, a frustrating restart after a great deal of progress had been made), Acter takes his three Acts - two standard, the third Analysis - and picks out three promising denizens of the world to be his prophets.

The first is a studious Vri, well-read about the annals of history available to him on the Troon.
The second is a Sciro of the crystal moon - the Croon, Acter supposed - who was a scholar of times past and very knowledgeable on their chosen subject of study.
The third, and final, is a planetbound Incilatro of the archipelago, descended from those left behind during the exodus and who escaped Pybur's reign. Their love of the ancient stories they'd heard was only amplified by news of the Chronicler visiting a cousin (which may have been a lie), which sparked in them a lifelong desire to learn of what was before.

Upon all three, Acter gifted clarity of mind, and a greater ability to separate themselves from their emotions and remain objective - the better to see the truth with. Beyond that, they were also granted a mental connection - not like that of the Gemini, but subtler, only appearing in sleep. They would dream lucidly, and together, such that they could share and discuss information, even when separated by the great void of space.

And then, after he had bestowed his power upon them, Acter appeared to his new prophets as they slept, all as one:

Hail. You may recognize me; it may be that you don't. Allow me to remove any uncertainty: I am Acter, and I have returned. I am not the only one, either; Julius and Rexilium have accompanied me, as have Tauron and Typheus. There are others, as well - new gods, who I know not well as of the current time. I will tell you of them... but first, I have a story, and questions of my own.
Long ago, as the world was entering yet another tumultuous era, the gates to reality were barred to us gods. Although several of us tried to reopen them, they would not shift. It is only just now that access to the realm was returned to us, and we have found it much changed. Only pieces of history - the simple fact of Pybur's reign and demise, the rise of the Red Witch - and features that beckon at larger contexts - the crystal moon and petrified Greatstump, Port Aedan - contexts that we lack.
And that is why I chose you three, out of all those I could have. You are all scholars of history, each with a different point of view - troonar, croonar, and planetbound. And so I have two tasks for you: one, the typical job of prophets, to tell all of our return, but second, and more important to me, to determine what it is that history has buried for us, and share it with me. You need not do it all tonight; I have granted you each the ability to dream lucidly and together, such that you can collaborate as you sleep.
I wish you all luck. It is a great task I have bestowed upon you; I only wish you to fulfill it as best you can.

Acter then answers any questions the new prophets have for him, as well as telling them what he knows of the new gods.

Afterwards, and hearing of the new offers, Acter proceeds, listening with interest.
Great Eternal Swarm, your Vilfolk interest me greatly. While I feel I may have a home for them, I must ask you what they are like; the place I have in mind, while verdant, can be dangerous. Come, I invite you to look over the Troon, so that you may advise me as to whether or not it may be hospitable to the people you bring.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2019, 11:50:40 pm »

Meitana cringed. She did not yet have the influence required to control access to this realm.

The first outlander was a demigod. A title that Meitana formerly held in the not too distant past. The behavior of Uzanopiki so far was well within reason. She would tolerate their presence provided that a god gave proper consent for this.

The second outlander, Ungorwat, seemed more shady. Though Meitana was not familiar with the world she had only just been assigned to, this continent seemed more shady despite not being any more mysterious to her than any other land here. She would have to defer this decision to the elder gods for a number of reasons, the most compelling of which being that trading away a kingdom could cause her a level of ire that she simply could not afford right now.

The third one, Anakra... Meitana found her honesty refreshing. She knew better than to try to deceive the gods, as nobody would describe their merchandise in the manner she did were it not truth. She didn't care if another god saw fit to purchase from her.

The fourth outlander was a God. Meitana didn't have any problem with gods... But this particular one seemed to be exceptionally troublesome. She turned to Tauron. "I would say it should be out of the question. An eternal liability would be more troublesome than a single act is worth. After all, if a single act would resolve the problem that these items would cause then this stranger would obviously just do that! I suggest you reconsider this offer."
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2019, 12:25:45 am »

Meitana cringed. She did not yet have the influence required to control access to this realm.
Acter sees the Gatekeeper's discomfort with the situation, and goes over to comfort them.

While I understand that the purpose you've chosen for yourself is to keep entrances to the realm in order, you should understand that offers like these are a regular occurrence here. There were even a number that tried to come by while the world was closed. The simple fact of the matter is that most of them are going to go through, unless we need to specifically ensure that they do not. Acts are, and will always be, in demand, and the things available to be brought in are, in the vast majority of cases, desirable to many. I am glad that you are trying to temper this with reason, but I feel you may find your efforts better put toward minimizing damages than to guarding the gates themselves. It is infrequent for the visitors to take heed of a vote against.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2019, 02:54:27 am »

”Yes, making deals with scrupulous and sketchy entities has always been challenging, the main thing is bringing in powerful entities for great power rewards, like the dragon and the request of a plague. We should jointly make sure deals from extraplanar deities that offer great boons are made sure they aren’t done, however I just see that these artifacts are going to be put into Carociber and that place is going to be an amalgamation of... uniqueness. I will withhold my offer, but additional acts like the usage of an spherical Weirf Act offer great power.

I feel like the Global Blessing of Absolutism, may be for the future cycle, if an Order and Balance Act are offered and traded away than the creation of a Demigod of Peacekeeping and Stability, not just for one continent, but for the entire world.
Request Confirmation of the Acts

Let’s see for this Global Blessing, you’d need five acts whole, to allow it to be completed you could possible use three acts and combine an act from the Order Goddess and Balance God and make it a decree (I’d be willing to expend acts on a future turn after the Demigod of Peace), I recommend you don’t use your entire reserves Meitana, and one should be used for a prophet. I either recommend the cosmopolitan races of the troon since there’s no war there and the prophet wouldn’t die there, or maybe those Mantis Shrimp Odontos?, they have no fellow prophets to a god they call him, just their sea leviathan on their archipelago, not even really a god in terms of power. I highly recommend not making a prophet in Verdance, it’s a war zone there.
Pages: 1 [2] 3