Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How to kill a demon on a raid  (Read 3325 times)

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
How to kill a demon on a raid
« on: June 29, 2019, 11:01:33 pm »

So I nodded the game to have succubi and halflings. And I’m currently playing a half long fortress. So my game is modded but I don’t think it will matter too much. So my halflings ar whetting revenge for a couple of murdered kids and are trying to destroy a succubi civilization. They’re very good fighters st this point. And are currently going around pillaging and burning any dark pits and fortresses they find. Although I think they might be a bit too good at present torturing at this point. Considering all the bards they’ve tortured to death at this point. I’ve killed everyone in the dark fortress where the demon lives. I’ve killed all the soldiers but she wipes the floor with my millitary. What should I do to kill her?
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
Re: How to kill a demon on a raid
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 06:41:23 am »

Try the "negotiate surrender" mission option? Sometimes site leaders will surrender without a fight, even when it results in their immediate execution.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 09:59:35 am »

Maybe give pet giant war elephant(s) to your squad. I find in wg when the demons die they often do so due very large creatures.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 10:50:25 am »

So im not in a place where I can find giant elephants. What cavern creatures should I tame? Cave dragons would be nice but knowing my luck i'll never find a breeding pair. What about giant cave toads?
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2019, 12:47:10 pm »

Unless you have a dwarf that happens to like them and adopts one, you won't be able to attach Giant Cave Toads to your squad because they are not war trainable. Your best bet among cave creatures are Jabberers, but even those are half the size of a demon and do not train combat skills, while demons train skills in worldgen.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2019, 01:43:28 pm »

Can I add the war-trainable tag to them? Or do I need to gen a new world?

Obsidian 1053

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2019, 02:23:24 pm »

Actually I modded the halflings to have Dire Corgis like in pathfinder! And ive been breeding them! Ill just assign my squad to them!

Obsidian 1053

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 10:54:00 am »

Are your modded halflings smaller than normal dwarves? Mass and size matter in combat calculations, although I'm not sure if it's taken into account during raids.

I have managed to kill a dark fortress with its demon overlord only once, and it took over a hundred warriors trained from early childhood until just about all their combat skills were Legendary+5 tier. Still lost few of them, though.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2019, 05:16:06 pm »

Yes they are smaller. I have 8 halflings that are currently around nil 45 in their combat skills. So about 40 points higher than Legendary +5. Im currently training up a new squad as well. I think 20 legendary halflings and 50 cave toads should do that trick?

Obsidian 1053

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2019, 09:14:27 pm »

I would like to point out from my experience of killing 2000 succubi and committing immeasurable amounts of war-crimes that going on raids seems to boost your skill quite a lot. My recruits became legendary after a few raids.

Obsidian 1053

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2019, 09:48:56 am »

So for some reason I couldn't set dire corgi's as war animals. I'll fix that later. But I did manage to make giant cave toads war trainable. I have 12 now. Is that enough? I have 20 soldiers with about nil 35 at the least in all relevant combat skills. What else is necessary?

Obsidian 1053

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2019, 11:39:33 am »

Freel free to try but I wouldn't expect much; giant cave toads aren't very giant, only about the size of a black bear.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2019, 12:11:14 pm »

Yeah they just got stomped on lol. Maybe I should train a cave dragon or something. Would that work do you think? My world is only 309 years old though.

Obsidian 1053

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2019, 05:09:40 pm »

If you don't want to spend few centuries waiting for your War Cave Dragons to mature, hordes of War Jabberers are an excellent substitute as raiding backup. They breed and mature quickly and are far more dangerous than most other trainable animals.

I had this one fort where I tried to conquer a whole goblin-occupied continent and all my raiding Jabberers had full names and probably as many kills as my militia veterans. True terrors on razing missions.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2019, 08:30:36 pm »

Well only one war cave dragon killed it. Because historical figures are defeated in duels having one big motherfucker is better than zerg rushing a historical figure because they are fought one and one. No matter how many jabberers you throw at him they'll probably all die. Its better to throw a dragon at it as the dragon is bigger and will probably win.

Obsidian 1053

Pages: [1] 2