Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Tomb Space sign up 3/3 + 1  (Read 1512 times)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tomb Space sign up 3/3
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2019, 08:00:05 am »

Well Neo Humans have two votes, the bigger option. Hmmm. I could do 4 as I like the Cult.

That’s up to you guys to decide, will do the top three today.

Notice: Yeah, in this game there are three mission sites.

Space ship, floating astral stuff ( station, Hulk, etc)

The last? Planetary Ruins on world.

And yes going to do three player threads and stuff.

Final note: It is mostly pc vs npc. But if a certain roll comes up, becomes true PvP ( in two groups or all three in mix up.)

Just happy to see it’s going good.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2019, 10:21:06 am »

I like cult as well. I'm totally down to one man show as the cult and be a minor faction or something like that.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2019, 10:28:19 am »

I like cult as well. I'm totally down to one man show as the cult and be a minor faction or something like that.

Consider yourself a 4th wheel faction. Your only penalty unless more join is maximum pool of agents/cultists a round. But yeah prepare to see some weird and crazy shit up in this place.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
Re: Tomb Space sign up 3/3 + 1
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2019, 12:11:10 pm »

If it's not too late, I'll go ahead and join Cult of GM bias Change.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2019, 12:32:46 pm »

You can be whoever you want. No biasis In I am not giving any extra special rolls or auto wins or anything.

I like them because all sides are unique to a level. I like the others too though Feds are too dry and played out, that was for traditionalists. Happy Free Runners beat them, we have psionics, and cyborg battle monks.

The last thing on this thread before update in making threads. Is actual core rules.

Which is my next post here.

This will also be chat thread and should PvP happen. Sides Pm me their battle plans, with sound ideas and die rolls, post results on side threads.

But yes, next time Core Rules.

Keep in mind, this is more Necromunda, Space Hulk, or that skirmish weird west game with a M.

Also a tiny touch of Call of Cthulhu/Darkest Dungeon. Just sci fi.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2019, 02:14:03 pm »

Game rules in phases/turns/actions/what not.

1: Have fun.
2: Play nice with team mates
3: No Meta gaming
4: That includes spring and switching teams.
5: If any issues let’s work it out for best of all.

Now actual in game rules.

1: Each Team pre poster is max of 6. So the Cult can have 12. Neo 12, And Adamant/Free Runners is 18.

2: Before design phase there is a shop Phase. Shop is buying pre built stuff with game money. Some stuff is universal. Others are faction only. Also hiring people.

Their stats will be randomized, unless your irony a synthetic ( the one organic being all sides can hire.) that becomes dicey as the better, the more expensive.

3: Then design. Best by theme and who is doing it. Can then revise/upgrade pre existing stuff.

4: Then a prompt of possible missions this game round.

5: Again with theme, Units here are not armies. Squads of personal. Yes meaning your commanding persons/characters with their own personality and stuff. They can die and not come back X Com style. Also need to win or retreat with dead mates body (If one is left) to get their stuff. Or get stuff if possible and dead team mates body is no more.

6: There are currently a ton of mission types in my mind, also three battle fields Space ship, Space Hulk, and planetary ruins. Fighting is vastly different each place. Ruins is mobility’s, Hulk is crowd control and Ship, it’s about trying to do job while not damaging the ship.

7: Along way I’m missions, loot is a available. I roll a 12 sides die. 1 is a painful trap effect that also does sanity damage ( negative trait gained.) the others less painful traps, cash in game form, gear, or a new gear/part to turn into new gear. Yes making up ingredients for possible designs.

8: If PvP occurs the sides pm me and I bebref doing rolls and narrating fights and the result abridged onto main threads.

9: Team mates can level up and become more useful. With a actual zip thing.

10: Everyone has exclusive gear team only depending on said team. ( Which is a reason so disliked Feds. Their bonus nulls this, anyway.)

11: The winner is the team left standing with coolest stuff, most people alive at higher levels and etc. this is a game of attrition.

12: Will try to keep it fun.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2019, 04:36:38 pm »

Last Notice: Will launch the game threads tomorrow, running out of time with real life. Going to do stats now to get that underway

Melee: Good at killing in Melee.

Gun: How good at gun play you are ( Note that you do not have to buy ammo, just crate/but special. Like X Com 2. Just got to reload when out.)

Throwing: Throwing death dealing stuff.

The above are for combat.

These stats help that out.

Strength:Melee strength and maximum carry bonus, also range of thrown stuff.

Speed: How fast team member moves and how fast to attack and counter.

Perception: Can aim, harder to sneak up on, can even tale conditions if enough effort.

To keep body going.

Toughness: How hard your to hurt.

Health: Your hp bar

Stamina: Fight off fatigue and poison/disease.

Intelligence: Figuring stuff out for bonus tricks and extra zip for leveling up.

Cool: Keeping everyone calm, including yourself, fights against sanity damage.

Wits: Mental plot out courses. Decide a turn, more actions or get a die roll or +1 to result.

Will: Mental defense, repel stuff, reduce damage results and can even gain a second health bar as second win. When the will is that strong.

Pow: Mental offense in case happen to wield means to do supernatural attacks.

Sanity: You need this to function. As otherwise go so crazy cannot be in battles anymore.

The rest: 6 Classes Of team mates. Each start with bonus gear ( can reproduce copies via other sides taking your stuff, they have to spend researchnturn though or cannot wield.)

I cannot wait for tomorrow.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2019, 12:17:26 pm »

: huff and poof: Damn, did the universal list of gear. How much points you start is to be discussed I. Individual threads

Universal gear: please note despite everything it is still a Arms Race in Rules. This time only in working order and price. I could have just vomit forth all my ideas down on paper, did not.

Weapons:

Melee: Strength + Skill + Speed And Weapon Type = total damage.

1: Blade: Free! A knife that is easy concealable and does it’s job. Cut and stab. 20 damage to Melee results.

2:  Normal Weapon: cost is 25. Any basic close combat weapon will do. 40 damage to total.

3: Greater Weapon: Really Big Weapon That does tons of damage. Need the strength for it though. Extra 60 damage total if Wounds. 50 points.

4: Chain Blade: Cost is 75 Damage is a motorized blades weapon that comes in these forms:
Sword
Axe
Glaive/spear
Double sided buzzsaw Pole

Needless to say, someone will lose parts and blood from these weapons. 80 damage.

5: Scarlet Weapon: Made from a legendary material and when it strikes target, super heated results.full 100 damage to pile plus fire damage and addition burn stuff. 100 points. Also no sealing wounds, these weapons will actually explode blood vessels for more bleeding.

Guns: Good ole bang bangs. Keep in mind can make special ammo for bullet stuff. Also all guns fired up to four turns in row, then reload. Like X Com 2. Also the smaller guns can be “ aimed” for Fallout out style results.

1: War Hawk:  Big auto pistol. 25 damage if connects, range is 6. Cost: 20

2: Tactical Shotgun: Pick Shell or slug. Range six, damage base is 25-50 depending on distance and luck. Cost is 40

3: Arbalest: This one is a four shot gigantic cross bow that can be like a harpoon Gun. 50-90 damage and can fly target in surfaces to stick there. Cost is 50 range is 10

4: Assault Rifle: Classic Rifle with one aim shot, semi or full auto. 25-40 If single (but six shots) 40-70 If semi auto ( so now 3) or full Auto ( 2 max shots) for 70-150 total damage. Cost is 90 range is 10.

5: Sniper Rifle: King of the aim shots. 100-180. Call shot and chance if critical table. 100 cost. Range is 30.

6: Flame thrower: Four shots worth of super heated fluid/napalm Death. Stupid to use in space ships though. Firing is a focused burst or wall of flame. Can catch things on Fire ( which really kills the air quality.) 180-270 damage. 120 cost. Range is 8

7: Bazooka: One shot a time, blows stuff good. 270-360.  140 cost. ( Disaster in space ships, best for grounded missions.) range is 10.

8: Grenade Gun: 160. Special in can use custom grenades made or pre selected. Fires as many times have said grenades ( that limit is 12) then reload. Damage depends on the shell. Range is 15.

9: Heavy Machine Gun: Big mean firing Machine, four shots worth of 200-300 and can be used as a club for 12-60 damage.  Cost is 150. Range is 12.

10: Chain Gun: Cost is 180. Range is 8. Two shots. Said shots are 360-450 worth of bullet pouring damage.

11: Anti Tank Rifle: 200 Cost. Four single shots at 18 range. Said shots are 450 to 560 and can do a called shot if strong enough.

12: Missile Pod Gun: Cost is 225. Fire and forget as the six missiles coming out can lock into six targets or less, with more missiles to single target.

560-640 and they lock on/Chase their target. 22 range.

13:Laser Pistol: Cost is 230. A gun of unlimited shots as no reloads or over heat issues. Aimed single shots. 250-300 6 range.

14: Auto Laser: Auto Rifle Laser. Can go full auto or single shots. The only issue is the weapon can run hot and hurt owner to drop. No ammo needs though. Damage via bolts is 400. Auto fire six bolts come out.

15: Las Cannon: 250 cost. Can destroy defense save. Range is 14. 4 shots of laser lances. 800 damage ( met to kill gigantic invader creatures and hunt dinosaurs.)

16:Celestial Gun: Cost is 300. It has four levels of potency ( Red weakest, then yellow, white and blue.) Not just that but many mods ( cannon shot, artillery shot, charge, burst or explode shot.) shots depend on power before reload. Red is four, yellow three, white two, blue one. The damage shows though but if o we use maximum power too much, it can blow up on you. Damage:
Red: 80-120
Yellow: 120-240
White: 240- 480
Blue: 480-600.

And reason the numbers are so high is some of the npc Forces/monsters are that Freakken scary tough.

Arms Race features can be anything though, what you make you keep for free.

Please note there are now following mission places. Space Ships, Space Hulks, Planetary Ruins, in a civilized city ( depends where) and lastly Gladiator Jobs.

Armor:
1: Combat Wear: Clothing That doubles as armor. Only 5 defense. Free.

2: Carapace Armor: 20 def  value. Cost is 50. Made from big dead bugs or alloys.

3: Nano Armor: For 40 defense and a suit that acts like private medic unit, not bad for 100.

4: Power Armor: Defense is 60, jacks physical stats and can carry extra weapons due to gravity plates. 200 points worth.

Shields:
1: Deflector: Three uses, it bounces stuff away. 150 points.

2: Absorbing  Field: 200 points. Unless attack is over field limit, it stays on user as it absorbs enemy attacks to stay on. Self value is 16. Anything more breaks it.

3: Shield Wall: Make a impassable Wall If energy with strength 100 defense value. Though can be whittled down or out right destroyed or after three turns stops. 240 points.

4: Energy Sheath:  It costs 180. It is a recharging force field. It can be defeated if max of 70 breaks. But, if left alone, it comes back on. Also if damaged recharges then too.

Health:
1: Healing Powder: Works by pain numbing, to give impression of feeling better so “healthy.” Heals 5-15 damage. 40 points a pop.

2: The Green Elixir: It is Cure Basically, undoes bad stat effects. 40 points a pop.

3: Big Red: Iv Of Strange Red fluid, injected into living patient. Super intense healing factor occurs, Healing all damage, regrowth of organs and limbs! Yet, due to shock and pain cannot act 1-3 turns before going back to the fight. Can cause sanity damage. 120 points a pop.

4: Lazarus Needle: If Dead Team is dead less than five rounds, inject. They come back to life at half hp. Insanity damage is obvious 180 points. If no body or into turn six, true death.

5: Fixer kit: Repair robots and cyborgs Of machine parts. Can heal machine parts and even replace destroyed robot parts. 90 points a pop.

Help: Just helps party out.

Freebie: Carry sack: Can Carry up to twelve units of loot. Your own fear gets Own parts.

1: Fixer: 70 points a pop, fixes building destruction. Big help in space ship combat.

2: Scanner: Detect things with read out. Batteries good for four turns. Can also label If loot is safe. Warning as device is noisy and can alert others. 60 points.

3: Navi System: Fae style robots go out, map the areas and come back with details. Turn on twice, then need recharge. 90 points.

4: Escape Tether: Incase getting massacred Declare. Now a escape wormhole to hq. only open for one turn after turn on. 500 points a pop and one use.

5: Climbing tools: For 30 points can scale up walls and such.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2019, 12:49:42 pm »

Units:

Leader: Start off free but afterwards needs 150. These guys are the head honcho, they do commands and have the best gear and access team super stuff.

Elite: These guys are the ones who can become Leaders in a pinch. Good at everything and can give orders and bring back morale. 100 points.

Caster: One who casts magic. In non power side, has Quantum tamper driver for false spells. They work, just super science than real supernatural. Cost is 80 points.

Tech Magic:

1: Quantum Bolts: Basically magic missile. Power stat decides how many and damage.

2: Ablative Field: Energy Force Field with four layers of protection. Good until all break, device loses power or switch ability.

3: Warp: Can move instantly to point A and B as long a straight path.

Brute: Big strong guys of the team. Using the biggest and heaviest stuff. Have penalty in mental stuff but can overpower most normals due to muscle mass. Cost is 60 points.

Engineer: One who is good with technology, hacking, repairs and building them. Decent in combat. 50 points.

Can hack, bonus if picking up loot, and can build things in Team time. In combat can do following specials.

1: Can turn on equipment.

2: Build a turret. For bottled check points.

3: Repair robotic/machine parts.

Carver: 50 points to buy. These guys are not good at fighting. They are the medics of this game.

1: Heal: Get some hp back.

2: Cure: Defeat status damage like disease and poison. Even get sanity back.

3: Fix ya up: Should target team mate have something crippled in stat, the Carver fixes said body part.

Minion: They are free. So no cost. All they do is have stats, can equip, and fight. That’s that really. Nothing fancy. Red shirts of game.

Note XP points, not gear points buy up to get better stats.

Also leaders start at 120, Elite 100, Caster 80, Brute is 60. Engineer and Carver are 50. Minion is 45.

Each poster is leader of said side and get five free picks of units.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2019, 03:41:39 pm »

Could you re-write the gun damage lists? They make it look like automatic weapons have crazy anti-armor potential.

I don't like that everyone appears to have the same basic units and items for the same costs. Cyborgs should feel like they have different initial specializations than psionics or the cult of change. While pirates should probably have an easier time with cheap unit spam.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 03:43:54 pm by Nirur Torir »

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2019, 03:45:00 pm »

If I join the pirates now would I get leader status?
If no that’s ok.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2019, 04:14:53 pm »

Yes you can be a pirate leader.

Note: Two things about Guns her.

1: Space Ave materials.

2: I do not mention armor piercing at all. The damage out put depends on skill level ( gun) and roll to see if hit ( Perception or sight craft makes easier)

Lastly, if speed defense works out, can dodge the bullets. And another thing, if the rolls fail to punch the armor ( which can happen) then you are not damaged.

I only got the high numbers given some of the things you may end up facing. As in Tomb Apace there is always risk of actual aliens, Warp beings, ancient guardian boss machine, super tough Mutants and so forth. I needed the auto Guns here as opposed to my table top time in its not a cone for full auto, as normally I do a Fallout and things in radial cone get auto shot to death.

Oh and using such fire power in a space ship is never a good idea anyway.

And you have unique stuff as anCyborg, the stuff I will not mention by name on this thread and you get to design your own stuff and etc.

I felt need for some balancing act depending on situation. Wil say your other obvious advantages in your sides thread.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2019, 04:21:42 pm »

As an example, I don't feel like anyone should be able to just buy casters for half the cost of a leader, and we shouldn't have generic tech-spells available to everyone.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2019, 04:34:02 pm »

I forgot to mention that tech magic/powers are basically d and d magic. In you use it then cannot cast rest of the Combat phase.

Duration of stuff depends on who and what. Plus doing it this way. Excuse a certain group would get screwed over without support. Also Casters after spending tech magic, unless another special side, has to pray to their maker with gear and stats to survive.

I was originally thinking a 8th class of Religiokn themed swuadies. Different results pre side.

I also cut three other factions out.

Mutants, All Robot, And all Synthetic people. As they curve would be broken, especially the Mutants. Robots a close second. Synths would just Zerg rush to death as their deal
Is half priced team mates and parties up to twelve I steD of six.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2019, 05:26:51 pm »

Ok most action I have been getting is Free Runners. So working with them.

Notes: As for other factions. Please join in otherwise pirates are going to outbpoint everyone.

And also some of the loot in missions can end up being free tech. Without need suggestions or votes. Besides points to buy new people and things.

Because soon the Free Runners are getting their mission options.

Keep in mind every faction has multiple mission options. I like sans boxes to a point.
Pages: 1 [2] 3