Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This RTD is complicated, and I don’t want to risk messing it up, I’m thinking of “simplifying” it by having the characters enter a portal I spawned via a 6 some turns ago, transporting them to a ne world, a Minimalist world

Bring characters to Mininalist World (character sheets no longer required, forms not set, memories intact, complete minimalist, but the story continues)
- 0 (0%)
Bring characters through, but the portal deletes their memories and they have to start anew, new for,s made, new memories forged
- 3 (50%)
Bring characters through, memories of themselves and goals deleted, memories of this world remain
- 1 (16.7%)
Other(PM me the suggestion you wish)
- 1 (16.7%)
Start completely fresh, the portal envelops everything and rearranges itself into a new universe
- 1 (16.7%)
Continue the indefinite wait
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 56

Author Topic: My First RTD: A Minimalist Adventure to Nowhere and Everywhere (Players welcome)  (Read 90585 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile

Okay, keep climbing, but be prepared to kick the skeleton guinea pig in its skull if it gets too close.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

Roar to try and scatter the purple creatures, then grab and eat the biggest one.

Spoiler: Scotty (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

(Update will be tomorrow, it's getting late here)

Avetruetotheimperator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Send some cultists through the portal! Perhaps what's beyond is kenneth's allies!
Meanwhile, the other cultists should have gathered the sacrifices and prepared the rituals. Riiiight?
But Kenneth will show these strange ones the power of chaos! Blow it uppppp~

(There are telepathic communications to you, do you wish to respond?)
(yes)
"Hello, who is it? Kenneth has no time for non-servants of the darkest gods. So mind-speak now!"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

have the Golden Armada blast those terrain ships to pieces

I continue crushing the minds of the invaders

have the zerg hive produce a crap ton of zerglings

install a navigation system into the mother ship

Probes keep trying to warp in pylons and proton cannons

I also try to establish telepathic communications with Kenneth
Send some cultists through the portal! Perhaps what's beyond is kenneth's allies!
Meanwhile, the other cultists should have gathered the sacrifices and prepared the rituals. Riiiight?

(There are telepathic communications to you, do you wish to respond?)
(yes)
"Hello, who is it? Kenneth has no time for non-servants of the darkest gods. So mind-speak now!"
(Will you respond?)

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile

"Hello intruder Kenneth, why do you continue to attack my base. i would appreciate it if you stopped cause i have other problems to deal with right now and i rather not have to purge this solar system of all terrain life"
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Meanwhile...))

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Sorry just nudging again))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Sorry, I don’t know if Kenneth wants to respond or not)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Search for abandoned goals and balls to fix and keep.

You find an abandoned field with intact goals and balls. you take them onto one of your wagons

Okay, keep climbing, but be prepared to kick the skeleton guinea pig in its skull if it gets too close.
You get stuck in the stone, the guinea pig bites your leg and latches on.

"What the hell is even going on anymore?"
Get far away form the T-rex and look for some where we can get some guns.
Roar to try and scatter the purple creatures, then grab and eat the biggest one.

Spoiler: Scotty (click to show/hide)
King Zultan went away from the Trex, who roared, then ate the largest of the purple things surrounding it. The roar didn't scatter them, as they had no fear. King Zultan walked around town and found a pile of guns, but these were no ordinary guns, these ones had legs and the place where a bullet would normally come out was a mouth. one of them spoke. Hello, what brings you to this town?

Ok so where are these guys at? And how big a threat is this thing because if it’s very big I’m definitely going to need a bigger army.

Ask the pilot what’s going on outside
The ships are pretty big, but we think the one constructing the ships is on this planet. Whatever it is has mind powers and was able to take some of our young away from the Overmind
The pilot reports a Trex eating a purple creature the size of a bear, and a rat with a crown heading towards a group of guns with legs.

Keep launching torpedoes

Thunderhawk gunships continue their boarding runs

Librarian casts telepathic assault spell to disorient golden armada by blowing up heads of ship captains   

have the Golden Armada blast those terrain ships to pieces

I continue crushing the minds of the invaders

have the zerg hive produce a crap ton of zerglings

install a navigation system into the mother ship

Probes keep trying to warp in pylons and proton cannons

I also try to establish telepathic communications with Kenneth

5+1v1, 5+1v1, 1v1, 4v4, 1+1v3, 4, 2, 5+1, 1, 3, 3
2 ships arrive. 3 Navy ships will arrive next turn. The torpedoes and Thunderhawk gunships do lots of damage, leaving only 1/10 of the fleet left, the captains resist the Librarian's mind attack. What remains of the Golden Armada tried to damage the ships, however the terran ships' defenses were strong. Two new ships came to aid them. The invaders seemed able to resist the mind attacks. You sense something...other residing within them helping them keep you out. The Zerg Hive starts producing Zerglings, but at a slightly slower rate than usual. The navigation system seems to be unable to connect. Pylons and proton cannons are warped in. However a/3 of them seem to have been hacked into and start to point towards your base. The attempt at telepathic linking can only go one way. Kenneth can send thoughts to you, but you can't send thoughts to him. The portal goes to somewhere that allowed 5 demonic mares to come to the soldiers' aids. The rituals back in Rockmania have summoned some mind demons that can help the soldiers resist mind attacks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Seriously what the hell is even going on, was that cave just full of hallucinogens or some shit, you know what screw this place lets go steal a bus and go home!"
Have my people help me find a bus to steal.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile

Search for sand to build a beach on top of wagon 11
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright so let’s go find this guy and take him out together. We’ll worry about the ships later. You guys can fight, right?

Do some stretching to loosen myself up
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 06:49:26 pm by SuperDino85 »

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile

Shake the guinea pig off my leg with all my rage and anger.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

Did the zerg around me react to one of their own getting eaten? They didn't back off, but I'm not sure what they did do.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 56