Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Botaoshi: Topple the Pole! - A Chaotic Sports RPG (Now Stickdown!)  (Read 6081 times)

yoji001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Botaoshi: Topple the Pole! - A Chaotic Sports RPG
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2021, 09:32:19 pm »

New Development Update - Private Alpha 1.0!

Hello it has been a long time bay12!  Things are moving quickly again with the 3D remaster.  It is expected that the previous 2D game may make an appearance on mobile.  We will keep everyone updated about this. 

My partner Doop has released our first devblog titled after the game itself, being, Botaoshi: Topple the Pole!

We are crazy enough to believe that some day our fictional league may actually lead to a real life session someday.  We secretly promise to make this a reality if we manage to release our game.  Remember that you were the first to know!  A new development update with more in-game images will be posted soon.  Thank you all for your time!

Botaoshi on Social

R/botaoshi

@Stickdowngame
« Last Edit: July 23, 2024, 01:30:22 pm by yoji001 »

yoji001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2022, 07:47:57 pm »

We have added several new screenshots to my initial post and will be preparing to commit to the closed early alpha stage! 

You will notice that the graphics sort of mix low and high poly.  This is because we are still deciding the aesthetic and performance ratio. While trying to maintain the colorful pop our original concept had. This is great because with the transition from 2D to 3D completed we can focus on these kinds of important design questions.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 08:42:46 pm by yoji001 »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2022, 08:24:04 pm »

sign me up, I've always wanted to play this since I first saw the youtube videos.

In your game, will a player choose what team member they control? Will the game change depending on this choice?

yoji001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2022, 09:02:56 pm »

sign me up, I've always wanted to play this since I first saw the youtube videos.

In your game, will a player choose what team member they control? Will the game change depending on this choice?

:D So from the devlog:

Strategic options will include being able to switch into a top-down, third and first-person view where you can dictate what should be happening in terms of positioning, defenses and attack.

Your created player, in multiplayer, represents your individual character with other real people controlling their own on the field. The captains in multiplayer will be the players with the highest stats in terms of fitness and record. As earned by playing. And will command either the offense or defense squads respectively.

click here to continue reading.

yoji001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2022, 03:07:02 am »

Very quick update! We have began exploring VR since it will allow us to focus on the immersion of being in such a crowd. The game is native third-person though, recent equipment upgrades have allowed us to experiment and it is so far a success! More updates to come later this month :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 12:44:26 am by yoji001 »

yoji001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Botaoshi: Topple the Pole! - A Chaotic Sports RPG (Now Stickdown!)
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2023, 05:56:49 pm »

Stickdown! Proof-of-Concept Teaser (click the gif)

Botaoshi: Topple the Pole! is now Stickdown!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 04:19:03 pm by yoji001 »

yoji001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2024, 08:40:15 pm »

The 3D version is being reworked into a higher resolution and our programmer took up some old 2D assets and have been cooking up something new with them. Below is basically is a very rough, very first draft 1 of what that could start to look like.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2024, 12:43:32 pm »

two years later, still think this is a great concept. it has that meme potential, you know? like big streamers will want to play it, if you pull off the mechanics and so on.

Do you have anything to share about how you will translate the complexities of the real game into a digital simulation? How much of the game is simulated physics vs. more game-ified mechanics?
Pages: 1 [2]