Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Dark Lord: Rebirth  (Read 9549 times)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Lord: Rebirth
« Reply #165 on: August 04, 2019, 06:08:45 pm »

Okay so I realized that it has been awhile, and that you haven't really been in a potential combat situation before. So, I will provide some fleshed out options that you can pick and choose from, separated into three groups. These are not trap options, but neither are they necessarily the best! They are just what I thought of. You can still get additional die from fleshing out strategies, adding enchantments and their uses, and anticipating enemy threats. Three heroes can be a significant challenge, but you are a world shattering Titan who just needs to realize their potential.

A. Full Assault: The best way to ensure victory is through overwhelming violence. This uses several defensive enchantments, such as Copy-Cat illusions and invisibility to avoid being hit, and invincibility and a magic shield to reduce damage from physical and magic damage respectively. Offensively you are set up to benefit from staying at range and pummeling them with Death Beams and stunning bolts, trying to wear down their defenses and willpower. This may result in casualties among the villagers.
   1. Invincibility (though of course some things are more invincible than others, so its not “totally” invincibility… at least not yet.
   2. Invisibility
   3. Magic Shield
   4. Copycat Illusions
   5. Death Beam
   6. Zone of Paralysis
   7. Stunning bolts
   8. Telekinesis
   9. Teleportation
   10. Regeneration

B. The Champion: Whisk yourself and Pellas away and prepare him for battle. You have access to Sir Brant’s armor at the keep, and can enchant Helmet, Cuirass, Gauntlets, Greaves and Boots and his weapon. He is currently competent with a sword, shield and spear. However, Pellas is not used to fighting in enchanted gear, and will be unlikely to prevail over one experienced hero, never mind 3. Taking this option will give the heros and priest time to prepare.

1. Helmet: Cause Fear. While it probably won’t work on the heros, it will definitely draw their attention to him and not you.
   2. Cuirass: Invincibility
   3. Gauntlets: Improve sword skill (+2)
   4. Greaves: Increase Strength (+2)
   5. Boots: Increase Speed (+2)
   6.Sword: Disintegrating Edge.

You can either attack alongside Pellas, or perhaps use him as a distraction so you can escape or blend in with the crowd. Or maybe even betray him to try to convince the heroes that you are one of them!

C. Negotiation:
   It is very unlikely that you will convince the heros that you are not evil. The priest has freed your dominated victims, and they are all pointing their fingers at you. The villagers may have appreciated your work, but it has mostly been low key to this point and they have been indoctrinated their whole lives to trust the priest and lord (not that they are fond of them, but you haven’t really laid any ground work to convert them.) The stereotypical hero doesn’t care why you are dark, they have been told that dark is bad, and light is good. Remember you are now the embodiment of a Titan, a figure of darkness reborn into a world conquered by the Light. Right now it is reacting like a body’s immune system, sending heroes like white blood cells to destroy a foeign infection. It won’t stop till you are dead, or it is.
   That being said, if you can come up with a negotiation tactic or diplomacy, feel free to try it! Heros are going to be harder to convince though , my bar being that any persuasion would have to believably be able to convince a group of human roleplayers in the same situation. That being said, here are enchantment ideas.

1.Hide Alignment: To neutral out would require a ring of pure goodness or something, which would damage you. While hiding your alignment is suspicious, you could perhaps conceal it with:
2.Hide Alignment Area: In a zone around you, conceals the alignment of everyone.
3. Improve Presence: (+2)
4. Improve Intelligence (+2)
5. Teleportation (Just in case)
6. Invincibility (Pretty useful precaution
)
You could use something like an aura of trust, but that active effect could be detected by a person sensitive to magical effects.

So pick and choose, feel free to combine or come up with a unique option! Please list the main enchantments you want to use like the above. You can list more than 10, as you can switch at need, I’ll use common sense if there is a need to switch.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 04, 2019, 07:38:06 pm »

A

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 04, 2019, 09:53:59 pm »

We don't want a fight in the village, so we should choose another battlefield.
But first we should start seeding the truth among the commoners. Create an enchantment to let others know how sincere we're being.
"You dare call me evil? You who starve villages and punish the innocent? You're the evil ones. I have worked to save this village from your plundering, and if you have the gall to challenge me I will wipe your corruption from this world."
Tell them to meet us at our chosen battlefield, then teleport away to prepare Pellas to support us. Make sure he has a means of escape if he's about to die.

If anyone can improve the speech go ahead. It's not my strong suit. 
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 10:11:58 pm by Sudurandom »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 05, 2019, 01:28:47 am »

But first we should start seeding the truth among the commoners. Create an enchantment to let others know how sincere we're being.
"You dare call me evil? You who starve villages and punish the innocent? You're the evil ones. I have worked to save this village from your plundering, and if you have the gall to challenge me I will wipe your corruption from this world."
Tell them to meet us at our chosen battlefield, then teleport away to prepare Pellas to support us. Make sure he has a means of escape if he's about to die.

+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 07, 2019, 03:56:38 am »

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 07, 2019, 08:03:08 am »

I forgot to mention we should have defensive enchantments up while making our speech because...

Threat prediction: Lady Inglewine will shoot us when we call the "servants of light" evil.   

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 07, 2019, 08:13:51 am »

YesEnchant our cloak with a deflection enchantment so things that hit it bounce off of it
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]