Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Dark Lord: Rebirth  (Read 9584 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Lord: Rebirth
« Reply #120 on: July 02, 2019, 09:32:02 pm »

A
Ask the townspeople about the history of the village, how they are treated by their ruler, how happy or unhappy they are about their rule, etc. Tell them that you know magic and can help them with things they need

EXTREMELY NO NO NO NO NO NO we're not admitted we can do magic!

Well, that stinks. Enchant the remainder of our metal (except the forge) into a set of small decorative pieces---little figurines and doorknobs and decorative stakes to top fences with and whatnot. That way we can spread them around innocuously about our little dwelling or wherever we may need to. Scatter the figurines around the cottage enchanted if possible to explode into flames on mental or vocal command. Keep the rings on us in case we need them.

Head into town and proceed to the castle. Enchant a ring to make people around us believe we are very trustworthy, and enchant another ring to make our plain robes appear to be normal apparel for a poor scribe. We'll then proceed direct to the castle and introduce ourselves as a trained scribe, who recently completed her apprenticeship and who wishes for a position suitable to her talents. Court scribe (keeps track of courtly business), note-taker, treasury administrator, whatever.

I guess we ought to take the GM's hint about not going off and hermiting our way to ultimate victory.
+1 to this, also, I’m getting deja vu reading this, was this posted earlier? Still voting for it, just curious if I saw this before

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2019, 09:44:34 pm »

I'd like to note that it's also probably a good idea to make a ring of sustenance, so we don't have to worry about food and drink.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2019, 09:46:58 pm »

The part about heading into town is literally a lightly modified copy-paste from the previous action, the option I posted that we didn't choose :P

Glass: I'll not bother with that since we're going to un-hermit somewhat.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 02, 2019, 09:56:42 pm »

Still useful ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2019, 10:04:22 pm »

Still useful ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Not when we want to appear unmagical.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2019, 10:05:53 pm »

Still useful ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Not when we want to appear unmagical.
It just means that we don't have to eat, not that we don't eat. Keeping up appearances can't be that difficult. Hell, didn't we give the dumb mage guy a ring of trustworthyness or something? We can just make one of those and people probably won't notice.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2019, 10:19:06 pm »

Just as a spoiler my plan is to begin amassing gold and then start gifting or selling enchanted rings. Not that we're going to tell anyone that they're enchanted.

These rings will totally NOT be JUST LIKE the Rings of Power, and we are ABSOLUTELY not going to have One Ring that may or may not rule them all.

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 02, 2019, 10:25:57 pm »

Just as a spoiler my plan is to begin amassing gold and then start gifting or selling enchanted rings. Not that we're going to tell anyone that they're enchanted.

These rings will totally NOT be JUST LIKE the Rings of Power, and we are ABSOLUTELY not going to have One Ring that may or may not rule them all.

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Don't worry, I think we were all expecting this :P

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 02, 2019, 10:26:16 pm »

From me, or just in general?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 02, 2019, 10:26:51 pm »

As soon as the mage put on the first ring.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 03, 2019, 09:54:46 am »

A
Ask the townspeople about the history of the village, how they are treated by their ruler, how happy or unhappy they are about their rule, etc. Tell them that you know magic and can help them with things they need

EXTREMELY NO NO NO NO NO NO we're not admitted we can do magic!

Well, that stinks. Enchant the remainder of our metal (except the forge) into a set of small decorative pieces---little figurines and doorknobs and decorative stakes to top fences with and whatnot. That way we can spread them around innocuously about our little dwelling or wherever we may need to. Scatter the figurines around the cottage enchanted if possible to explode into flames on mental or vocal command. Keep the rings on us in case we need them.

Head into town and proceed to the castle. Enchant a ring to make people around us believe we are very trustworthy, and enchant another ring to make our plain robes appear to be normal apparel for a poor scribe. We'll then proceed direct to the castle and introduce ourselves as a trained scribe, who recently completed her apprenticeship and who wishes for a position suitable to her talents. Court scribe (keeps track of courtly business), note-taker, treasury administrator, whatever.

I guess we ought to take the GM's hint about not going off and hermiting our way to ultimate victory.
+1 to this, also, I’m getting deja vu reading this, was this posted earlier? Still voting for it, just curious if I saw this before

+1

Threat: There are some magic resistant priests passing through town who are deeply suspicious of any and all magic an are extremely popular in the village.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 03, 2019, 10:02:30 am »

+1
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 03, 2019, 10:06:40 am »

+1
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 03, 2019, 02:12:26 pm »

+1
+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 03, 2019, 02:16:20 pm »

+1
+1
+1
+1

Separate from the above proposal, it also occurs to me that we can enchant people’s doorknobs, coins, and other such metal things that are likely to get handled often with innocuous psychological effects like the trustworthiness one on the ring, just by brushing past them.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12