Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Dark Lord: Rebirth  (Read 9615 times)

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Lord: Rebirth
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2019, 12:20:21 am »

C, but add another enchantment to Markos that makes him seem incredibly friendly. Nothing that alters his personality or anything, just an enchantment that makes it nigh impossible to feel that he is an enemy. Markos is to carry the dagger (openly, if that's accepted around the palace) and it will be enchanted to never miss when thrown. If the hero *does* suspect something, he has an unavoidable weapon of his own. And we will of course tell him that with his amazing skill he will surely be able to draw and throw the dagger before even a heroine could unsling a bow, draw and knock and arrow, draw the bow, and shoot him dead.

Use our immense power over his mind to ensure him that everything is just fine---she will not hunt us down, she has no reason to believe that we're here. His apprentices can clear up the mess while he goes to meet the Count. That should calm him down and make him unlikely to blow it, while if he does blow it he's got an enchanted weapon to take down the heroine with even if he (as seems likely) gets killed in the process...not that we're going to tell him any of this.

In the meantime, we're going to find ourselves a place to hide in the surrounding countryside, guided by one apprentice.

+1 to this, this is much better planned
+1.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2019, 07:17:39 am »

C, but add another enchantment to Markos that makes him seem incredibly friendly. Nothing that alters his personality or anything, just an enchantment that makes it nigh impossible to feel that he is an enemy. Markos is to carry the dagger (openly, if that's accepted around the palace) and it will be enchanted to never miss when thrown. If the hero *does* suspect something, he has an unavoidable weapon of his own. And we will of course tell him that with his amazing skill he will surely be able to draw and throw the dagger before even a heroine could unsling a bow, draw and knock and arrow, draw the bow, and shoot him dead.

Use our immense power over his mind to ensure him that everything is just fine---she will not hunt us down, she has no reason to believe that we're here. His apprentices can clear up the mess while he goes to meet the Count. That should calm him down and make him unlikely to blow it, while if he does blow it he's got an enchanted weapon to take down the heroine with even if he (as seems likely) gets killed in the process...not that we're going to tell him any of this.

In the meantime, we're going to find ourselves a place to hide in the surrounding countryside, guided by one apprentice.

+1 to this, this is much better planned
+1.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2019, 07:36:23 am »

We get a bonus for multiple suggestions. So here's an alternate option.
Give the dagger a killing enchantment. Then we hide behind the door and stab her when she walks through.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2019, 09:27:32 am »

Would rather not start off with just killing her. Too much attention.

Also, do you really think she doesn't have some form of enchantment against weapons? The one who tried to summon us has something that absorbs magic, and he's a pretty low-tier mage. She's a famous hero, so it'd make sense if she had enchanted gear.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2019, 09:39:41 am »

Would rather not start off with just killing her. Too much attention.

Also, do you really think she doesn't have some form of enchantment against weapons? The one who tried to summon us has something that absorbs magic, and he's a pretty low-tier mage. She's a famous hero, so it'd make sense if she had enchanted gear.
Agreed, we shouldn’t draw attention to ourselves. And you’re right, she probably does have enchantments

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2019, 11:32:16 am »

Yeah. Not a great idea, but hopefully it will get us a bonus die.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2019, 01:13:05 pm »

Hmm but it’s gets you quicker to the loot though!

Discussion and ideas have been great so far! You are sitting at a +3 bonus at the moment which is really good. Just want to clarify that each write in doesn’t necessarily add a dice, especially when you got multiple really good write ins. But, even if it doesn’t win, you are unofficially expanding the ideas for enchantment that you could draw upon (though I’m only going to add the enchantments that are actually used to the character sheet for my own sanity).

Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2019, 09:23:00 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

(+3 bonus and +2 from prediction)

Well, you think to yourself, lets try to pull this off.

You grab Markos and ask him to fill you in on the situation. He collects himself, and tells you that you are the Tomb of the Fallen Prince Albright. He thought his apprentices would be impressed by the atmosphere. Startled, you glance back and notice a nondescript slab behind you. It is simply inscribed with “Ware the friends you keep, lest your road lead to darkness”.

You wrench your attention back to the situation at hand. Apparently the tomb is several days ride away from the capital of Caldiwan. Count Albert found him useful for his magical talent (behind him an apprentice grimaced) but others in the Court were jealous of his position. They sometimes grew suspicious of his absences and sent people to check on him. You consider this quickly, and tell him to draw his dagger. You touch the dagger and enchant it to home in on the user’s target when thrown. You touch his ring and try to add an enchantment to project an aura of friendliness in addition to keeping the trust enchantment, but you feel the new slid in and replace the old. It seems the ring could not bear another enchantment.

Learned Aura of Friendliness
Homing Enchantment

You tell Markos to placate Lady Inglewine while his apprentices clean up. He squares his shoulders and grins confidently as he walks out of the room, calling out to Lady Inglewine. You grab the apprentice with the ring. He jumps at your touch, but you convince him to hide in the back of the room in an alcove with you. You take his ring, which he protests at, but a fierce look quails him.

The other apprentices are in the midst of cleaning the ritual when Markos is shoved through the doorway, sobbing as he crumbles to his knees, an arrow through his thigh. A tall woman with a longbow made of White Heartwood (you had a desk made of the stuff given to you by the Elves) and a gleaming chestplate flows in. They both are enchanted with something. She glares at the apprentices, who have screamed and scuttled away.
“Will one of you explain why this idiot reeks of evil now? I asked him and he tried to throw his knife at me. Look what that got him.” She noches an arrow. You notice that her breastplate has a small scratch in it.

She has not appeared to notice you in the alcove in the back, but the two apprentices in front of you are looking frantically at each other and the crying Markos, and the apprentice next to you beginning to hyperventilate. You have one ring you can freely enchant, and perhaps your robes if necessary.

What do you do now?

A. Attack somehow. (Write in)
B. Try to slip out. (Write in)
C. Negotiate somehow (will need a way to fool detect evil spell)

(The rolls were not.. Great for Markos. Summoning a Dark Lady who is an “evil” Titan incarnate apparently trips detect evil spells. The homing knife was a good idea, but Markos considers himself an “intellectual” and thus strength training is for other people.)
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2019, 09:36:30 pm »

*sigh*

Enchant our ring with teleportation. It doesn't need to be of the long-range sort; just far enough to get behind Inglewine. If there's still more room on it, also make it make us seem trustworthy.
Then, teleport to behind Inglewine. And once we're there, re-enchant our ring to give us sort of an aura of trustworthyness.

"I'm sorry, but I believe there seems to have been a mistake. Arcane senses that find something new and different are known to consider them equivalent to their best approximation of a threat. Mrs. Omani, at your service. I seem to have found myself somewhat lost, I'm afraid."

[Yes, I used "Omani" as the name because it's an anagram of "Naomi". Sue me.]
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 11:25:30 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2019, 10:40:02 pm »

I, uh, actually meant to have the *second* ring be enchanted and given to Markos, to let our dominion over his mind give him mental fortitude and whatnot.

Given that his rolls apparently bombed despite our plentiful bonuses and bonus dice...ouch.

Anyway, perhaps now would be a good time to invest in a ring of teleportation. Or, at least, a ring that makes us appear to all senses, magical and otherwise, to be approximately three feet to the right of wherever we actually are.

Also, Glass, please clarify that second sentence of dialogue, it is not really easy to follow.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2019, 10:58:21 pm »

Okay I’ll explain the object tier system a bit.

Tier 0 objects is stuff that isn’t good at holding an enchantment, like stone, cloth, and flesh. If enchanted it may hold a charge for a time but it will deteriorate the material quickly.

Tier 1 objects is made out mundane metals like iron, steel and silver. Tier ones can enchant well, but can only hold one enchantment at a time.

Tier 2 objects start with gold and include low level magical materials like the White Heartwood. These can hold two enchantments, or stack enchantments for enchanted effect (which is why one Tier 2 is better than two Tier 1 objects)

Tier 3 objects include magical materials and can include up to three enchantments. Adamantine would be an example of a Tier 3. There are fabled tier 4 and possibly even Tier 5 materials out in the world.

The Tier can also be effected by the amount of material, as in a suit of Steel could be enchanted as tier 2 object. Generally the more material you have, the more power available.

Also just don’t forget you can near instantly switch enchantments, so you could teleport then change enchantment!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2019, 11:26:00 pm »

Edits have been made.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2019, 11:28:20 pm »

Neat. Now then, how to get out without risking large amounts of bodily harm.

Enchant the ring to teleport us as far as we can go---this guy is really not necessary to stay near. If we get spotted, we'll have to use our robes. Enchant them as a last resort---we'll use a mirage enchantment, that makes us appear to all magical and nonmagical senses to be somewhere else. If our enemy never misses, we will never be where they're aiming.

This would seem to be our best possibility---just up and leave. We can always come back to the tomb later if we'd like to, I dunno, make it our base of operations, have a weepy plot moment over the tomb of Albright, whatever.

ALTERNATIVE SUGGESTION FOR THE BLOODTHIRSTY:
Enchant the ring with a telekinetic cutting enchantment, and sever the heroine's spinal cord.

What, were you expecting a big flashy battle fit for the death of a heroine? If you can throw a fireball, you can sever a handful of nerves in the spine or brain, slice the throat, destroy the heart's pacemaker, pop the kidneys, or even just lacerate every inch of their lungs without any of the big, obvious flashing that screams "HERE I AM, I'M THE MAGE, SHOOT ME!".
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 11:34:20 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2019, 06:15:26 am »

Enchant the ring to teleport us as far as we can go---this guy is really not necessary to stay near. If we get spotted, we'll have to use our robes. Enchant them as a last resort---we'll use a mirage enchantment, that makes us appear to all magical and nonmagical senses to be somewhere else. If our enemy never misses, we will never be where they're aiming.

This would seem to be our best possibility---just up and leave. We can always come back to the tomb later if we'd like to, I dunno, make it our base of operations, have a weepy plot moment over the tomb of Albright, whatever.

+1

IMHO we should Leave and Look for a master Smith or Machines builder. If we can have a master Smith build US a master foundry we can Pop Out high quality equipment and then enchant IT quickly. Heck If we enchant every piece of Equipment a Smith has WE might Not need enchantments because the Smith himself will create masterful weapons.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 06:18:47 am by Detoxicated »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2019, 09:17:35 am »

+1

IMHO we should Leave and Look for a master Smith or Machines builder. If we can have a master Smith build US a master foundry we can Pop Out high quality equipment and then enchant IT quickly. Heck If we enchant every piece of Equipment a Smith has WE might Not need enchantments because the Smith himself will create masterful weapons.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12